Status: Not completed

Teenage Dirtbag

Can't let you go to waste

Jack’s POV
I had been waiting to hear from Haley all afternoon. I knew she’d gone straight to Tay’s after school and she promised she would call me later, but she hadn’t yet. I was getting kind of impatient. Or well, I had been impatient all afternoon as I was pretty nervous about what Tay told her. Maybe Tay didn’t tell her anything at all and maybe Haley didn’t find is necessary to call me. I told myself if I hadn’t heard from Haley by 8, I would call her. I decided to work on an essay for school to kill time, as it was only 7 now.

Little before 8, my phone finally rang and Haley’s name and picture appeared on the screen. I quickly answered it.
“Well, that was about time” I whined.
“Oh shut up, I had diner at Alex’s and didn’t get home until a few minutes ago. I called you as soon as I could. How about you thank me for going to talk to Tay instead?” she suggested.
“Whether or not I’ll do that depends on what you’re gonna tell me next” I replied.
“Fine, you ungrateful little shit” Haley groaned.

​​​​​“Well, basically everything I told you this morning was right. She said she might have overreacted and as soon as she’ll be ready to talk, she’ll come to you. She might be at school tomorrow.”
“That’s it? I waited all afternoon for you to tell me that?” I asked.
“What did you expect?” Haley asked. “I mean, she is still in love with you, she just needs you to get your shit together before she’ll take a chance on you.”
I sighed. “Well, I suppose that’s fair…”
“It is” Haley said. “So just figure out your feelings towards Aimee first and Tay might just be there waiting for you once you do…”
“Okay…” I said.

​​​“But while you’re at it, figure your feelings for Tay out as well. She might be angry now, but that kiss still meant something to her. You still gave her hope. I don't know if it meant anything to you but please make sure you really are into her like that before you continue to go down that road” Haley said.
“But… How do I make sure?” I asked.
I heard Haley sigh. “I don’t know… I guess you just know when you know.”

​​​“When I kissed Tay, it did feel right. Does that mean I like her?” I asked.
Why were feelings so confusing?
“It might…” Haley started. “Or you just like making out…”
“But how am I supposed to know which one it is?” I asked, sounding slightly desperate.

​​​“How should I know?” Haley asked, mimicking my desperate voice. “Look Jack, Tay will talk to you soon and you two will figure this all out. Just don’t worry too much about it until then. Tay does care about you and she was this close to feeling guilty about the way she yelled at you.”
“Really?” I asked surprised.
“Yeah but I told her not to” Haley replied. “Look, I have tons of homework to do, so I’m gonna hang up. I’ll see you tomorrow.”
“See ya” I answered and I hung up.

I did feel a little better now that I knew I hadn’t completely fucked up with Tay and that there is a chance of this actually working out, whatever “this” is. Haley was right: I would just have to wait for Tay to come to me. I continued writing my essay until it was time to go to sleep.

Tay’s POV
Tuesday morning I woke up quite rested, so I figured there was no reason for me to stay home another day. I would have to face Jack eventually. I might as well just get it over with. After I got dressed I busted into Cameron and Jordan’s room. Both of them were still asleep before I came in. Cameron groaned and turned his head so that he was facing the wall, while Jordan threw a pillow at me. It didn’t even land close to me as Jordan was too sleepy to aim properly.

​​​“Jordaaaaan?” I asked sweetly. “Will you drive me to school?”
Jordan lifted his head. “Aren’t Mike and Rob awake?” he groaned.
“I don’t know, but I want to be driven to school by my favorite band mate” I said.
I heard Cameron mutter “suck up”, but Jordan sighed and agreed to drive me to school. He got out of bed.
“You’re an angel” I said, hugging him quickly. “Now get dressed or I’ll be late.”
Jordan grabbed some clothes from his closet and went into the bathroom.
“Now let me sleep” Cameron groaned.
I too left the room and closed the door behind me. I made myself breakfast and quickly ate while Jordan was getting ready. I knew it would take some time for him to get ready as he wouldn’t leave the house without his hair done.

“You’re awfully cheery” Jordan noticed as he left the bathroom.
“No, I’m just practicing my fake happy face” I shrugged.
“Hmm... Didn’t think you’d be going to school today” he said.
“Yeah well, I had a good night sleep so what reason do I have to stay home?” I asked.

​​​“Well, of course there’s the fact that you’re very likely to run into Jack” Jordan said sarcastically.
“I’m gonna have to face him eventually right?” I shrugged, while putting my empty cereal bowl in the sink.
“I guess that’s true” Jordan agreed. “Ready to go?”
I nodded, grabbed my bag from the floor and followed Jordan to his car. After we both got in, Jordan started the car and drove to my school.

“If you need me to pick you up earlier for whatever reason, just call me okay?” Jordan said as he pulled over in front of the school.
“I’ll be fine” I said, giving him a reassuring smile. “Thanks for driving me”
I undid my seatbelt and grabbed my bag.
“No problem” Jordan said and I got out. “See you later.”
“See you” I replied.

​​​I walked in through the front doors. As brave as I had felt a few minutes ago, as nervous was I now. Was I really ready to face Jack? I thought about running back and driving back home with Jordan but no. I made my way to the cafeteria where I would probably find Jack, Haley and Alex. As I was about to enter the cafeteria, I noticed Jack sitting all by himself. I quickly turned around before he saw me. I might be ready to face him, but I was not about to do so alone. I decided to wait outside the cafeteria for Haley and Alex to get here. If they were there, at least I wouldn’t be forced to talk to Jack.

After a few minutes I saw Haley and Alex walk into the hallway so I waited for them to get to me.
“What are you doing here?” Alex asked.
I shrugged. “I felt good enough to come to school.”
“I actually meant in the hallway, but that’s cool too” Alex smiled.
“Probably waiting for us not to have to face Jack alone” Haley guessed.
“Bingo” I answered.
“Well, let’s go face Jack then” Alex said.

​​​Haley looked at me. “You ready?”
I took a deep breath and nodded. “Yeah, I’ll have to eventually, might as well get it over with.”
“That’s the spirit” Haley said.
I followed her and Alex into the cafeteria. Jack quickly noticed us, and he seemed rather surprised to see me. Haley sat down next to Jack – probably so that I wouldn’t have to – and I sat down next to Alex. Jack seemed unsure as to whether he could talk to me or not.

​​​“Hey” I said, a little stiffly.
“Hey” he replied relieved, though he didn’t seem to know what else to say and neither did I.
“Can we talk after school?” I asked to break the tension.
Jack seemed relieved. “Yeah sure.”
“How about you come to my house later?” I suggested, and Jack’s face fell.
“I don’t think that’s such a good idea” he muttered.
For a moment I didn’t know what he meant and then I realized he was probably afraid of my overprotective bandmates.

​​​“Look, the guys won’t do anything. They’re all talk but no actions” I assured him. “They’re just very protective of me. But we can go to your house if you prefer that.”
“Yes please” Jack said.
“Okay then” I nodded.
The bell then rang.
“Meet me at my locker after school?” I asked Jack, who nodded in agreement.
We all parted ways to our own classes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for my lack of updates! I turned 20 last Friday, saw Fall Out Boy on Saturday and yesterday my family came over for my birthday.