Status: Not completed

Teenage Dirtbag

It's gonna be my year

Alex’s POV
We were all hanging out at Rian’s. We hadn’t had band practice in a while and figured it was probably about time. We were just waiting for Cassadee and Zack to get here. It was a lovely Wednesday afternoon and Jack, Haley, Tay, Rian and I were sitting in Rian’s yard, enjoying the sun. When the door bell rang, Rian went to get it and a few minutes later he returned with Cassadee by his side.

“So, guess who’s got a new gig planned?” Cassadee yelled as she walked into the yard.
“You, probably?” Jack said.
“No, you, actually” she replied.
We all looked at her in confusion.
“What do you mean?” I asked.

​​​“Well, we were supposed to play this bar tomorrow night, but our bassist is sick so we had to cancel. The bar owner was rather desperate as he had been advertising about a band playing tomorrow night, so I suggested you guys. I showed them a video and he wanted me to ask you if you could play there tomorrow” Cassadee explained while she sat down in the grass next to Rian.
“Hell yeah!” I exclaimed.

​​​“Wait, is this bar in Baltimore?” Rian, the wisest of us all, asked.
“Yeah” Cassadee replied.
Rian looked at Jack and me. “Are we ready for that? We haven’t practiced in a while…” he said.
“No, but we’re about to” Jack said. “We’ll be fine!”
I could tell Rian still had his doubts.

​​​“How about we practice and decide if we’re ready for it afterwards?” I suggested.
“You should probably discuss it with Zack as well before you decide anything” Haley said wryly.
“Yes, you smart ass, we’re not stupid” I said, although I had kind of forgotten about that.
“I didn’t say that. You just tend to get a little too caught up in your enthusiasm. Maybe Zack can’t even make it tomorrow” Haley shrugged.

​​​“Then you’ll be our bassist for the night” Jack said.
“You play bass?” I asked Haley.
“She can play anything” Jack replied before Haley could.
“Yes, I can play bass, but I probably can’t play the songs you play so you’re gonna have to get Zack to play” Haley replied.

​​​As if on cue, the door bell rang and Rian went to get it again, soon returning with Zack.
“Did you tell him yet?” Jack exclaimed excitedly.
“No” Rian replied.
“Tell me what?” Zack asked.
“Cassadee got us a gig at a bar tomorrow night. Please tell me you can make it” I explained.
“Uhm yeah of course” Zack replied smiling. “Awesome, thanks Cass!”

​​​“Well, at least one of you can be bothered to thank me and I’m rather disappointed it’s not you Rian” Cassadee said, faking a sad face.
​"Thanks babe" Rian said.​​
“Group hug!” I explained, basically jumping on top of Cassadee, followed by Jack, causing Cassadee to fall back on the grass.

​​​“Guys, be careful with my girlfriend yes!” Rian exclaimed, hurrying to drag us off of her with a little help from Zack.
After they dragged us from her, Rian helped Cassadee up.
“Thanks for that, really” Cassadee groaned, sweeping grass from her clothes. “How about you go practice and find out if you’re good enough to play tomorrow?”
We agreed and we all got up from the grass and went inside, to the basement where Haley, Cassadee and Tay took their usual spot on the couch.

I was kind of surprised Tay was here as well. She and Jack didn’t seem too awkward around each other anymore so I suppose their talk helped. They didn’t seem too close either though, so Tay must’ve stuck to her ideas of not wanting to be his rebound. I was happy they seemed to have worked things out. It had been pretty awkward at school yesterday with them not really wanting to say anything to one another. Today at school, things seemed to be back to the way they used to be, thankfully.

Jack’s POV
Band practice went a lot better than we had expected so we decided to play the bar tomorrow. Even Haley thought we were good enough, while she’s usually the one to point out everything we didn’t do right. Cassadee called the bar owner and handed the phone to Alex after a while to discuss the details. I was excited to play again. We hadn’t performed since the festival and I realized I did kind of miss it.

​​​“So, are you gonna be there tomorrow?” I asked the girls sitting on the couch after Alex hung up the phone.
“I wouldn’t miss it for the world” Cassadee replied.
“I would” Haley answered, causing Alex to fake a sad face. “Okay fine, I’ll be there.”
“Yay!” Alex exclaimed happily, jumping onto Haley to hug her.

​​​“What about you?” I asked Tay who was trying to avoid getting hit by Alex in all his enthusiasm.
“Uhm yeah I guess, I’ll have to see if the guys have plans first, but if not, I’ll be there” she replied.
“Because if they have plans you can’t have plans?” I asked, slightly confused.

​​​“I meant along the lines of band practice” she replied. “If we don’t have band practice, I’ll be there.”
“Well, just don’t tell your band mates you’re coming to our show then, because it wouldn’t surprise me if they would schedule a last minute band practice if they knew” I sighed.

​​​“Jack, we talked about this. If they were to do that, I wouldn’t go, but you can’t just expect them to be nice to you while you talk shit about them. They’re still my best friends you know?” Tay said, a little agitated.
“I’m sorry, you’re right. I won’t talk shit about your friends again” I muttered.
“Thank you. I’ll try to come tomorrow” she said.

Alex's POV
​​​“How about some pizza?” Rian exclaimed.
“Fuck yes!” I exclaimed.
“How could we say no to pizza?” Cassadee agreed.
​​
​​​We all went back upstairs to the living room and Rian ordered a bunch of pizzas. We all sat down in the living room and Rian turned the TV on, to find Peter Pan on it.
“No!” I exclaimed, as Rian was about to change the channel.
Everyone turned to me.

​​​“He loves Peter Pan” Haley, who was sitting next to me, explained.
“Fine, you can watch it” Rian said, shaking his head.
Haley cuddled up to me and I laid my arm around her shoulders.

​​​​​When we were about half an hour into the movie, the doorbell rang once again and minutes later, Rian returned with pizza. Everyone but me attacked the boxes. I wanted to continue watching the movie.
“Got you a slice” Haley said while she sat down next to me again and handed me a plate with a slice of pizza on it.
“You’re the best” I muttered, focusing on the movie again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Whoa, 4 new subscribers since I post my last chapter! Thank you so much! :)

​(Yes, Alex's POV is in this twice. I took a break from writing to have diner and continued when I got back writing from Alex's POV only to find out I was supposed to be writing from Jack's, sorry!)​​​​