Status: Not completed

Teenage Dirtbag

We're all just weird kids in the end

Haley’s POV
I was on my way to Tay’s. All Time Low would be performing at a bar tonight and Tay, Cass and I would get together at Tay’s to get ready. Or well, mostly to get Tay ready. I had grown tired of my blue hair so I went to the hairdresser earlier and had my hair dyed bright pink. I cycled onto their driveway and parked my bike next to the house, locking it just in case and I grabbed the bag full of clothes from the carrier. I didn’t see Cassadee’s car so I figured she wasn’t here yet. I walked up to the front door and rang the bell.

Seconds later, Tay opened the door. She was wearing sweatpants and a shirt, as she wanted my advice on what to wear, probably to impress Jack.
“Oh my god, your hair is pink! I love it” she exclaimed.
“Yeah I wanted to try something new” I said smiling, while following her inside. “Do you think Alex would like it?”

To be honest, I was a bit worried Alex wouldn’t like it and break up with me or something. On the other hand, even if he didn’t like it, I was pretty sure he would not break up with me over my hair color.
“I’m pretty sure you could dye your hair the ugliest color ever and Alex would still think you’re beautiful” Tay assured me.
I smiled. “You’re probably right”

We went into the living room to find all of Tay’s band mates.
“Do you guys ever go outside or what?” I asked, looking at the four of them sitting on the couches.
“Occasionally” Cameron answered.
“When we have a gig or band practice” Jordan added.
“Or when we feel the need to dye our hair pink” Cameron continued.
“I know the feeling” I said laughing.
“I like it though” Cameron said.
“Thanks”

“Shall we go to my room?” Tay asked.
I nodded and we walked into her bedroom. The room looked a lot better with the curtains opened, the sun lighting up the room. I sat down on her bed.

“Well, what do you need my help for?” I asked.
“I want to impress Jack” Tay started.
“That I figured” I replied.
“And since you know him best, if anyone would know what he likes, it had to be you” Tay explained.

I grabbed the bag with clothes and emptied it on the bed. “I figured, so I tried to think of outfits Jack has complimented me on before, but of course I don’t know for sure if he was just being nice when saying those things, or if he actually liked the clothes. Nevertheless, I have found a pattern. So, I mostly brought muscle tees, tank tops and shorts. I figured it wouldn’t be useful to bring shoes as your feet are probably smaller than mine, so we’ll have to go through your shoe collection for that” I explained.

The doorbell rang. “That must be Cassadee” Tay said, leaving the room to go answer the door. Minutes later she returned with Cassadee, who was dressed up already.
“I love your hair!” Cassadee exclaimed when she answered the room.
“Thanks” I replied. “Well, let’s get started, we have to leave in 45 minutes and we still have to pick an outfit for Tay and do her hair and makeup so your help would be appreciated.”
“Let’s do this then” Cassadee replied, sitting on the bed and helping us go through the pile of my clothes. Tay was hardly any shorter than I was so my clothes should fit her.

For the next 20 minutes Cassadee and I made her try on all kind of combinations until we settled for a black muscle tee and dark blue shorts.
“But you can see my bra in this” Tay protested.
“So?” I asked.
“So, I want to impress Jack, not provoke him” Tay answered.
“He’s not a rapist” I said.
“I know but…” Tay started.

“Look, if you’re uncomfortable we’ll find something else, but Jack really isn’t going to pay attention to your bra, and this outfit looks great on you” I said.
“Okay fine” Tay gave in.
“Good, now your hair and make-up” Cassadee said, forcing Tay to sit down on her bed so that we could easily reach her face and hair. While I got started straightening her hair, Cassadee started doing Tay’s makeup. 15 minutes later we were both done.

“Okay, now all we need is shoes” I stated. “Show us your shoes.”
“As long as you won’t make me wear high heels” Tay said, getting up and walking to her closet and opened it. There wasn’t a lot of clothing in it so I could imagine Tay wanting to borrow something for tonight. All of her shoes were spread across the bottom of the closet. I kneeled and quickly went through them, grabbing a pair of black Dr. Martens.

“These” I said, holding them out to Tay, who took them and put them on.
“There, all ready to go” Cassadee said.
Tay took one last look at herself in the mirror.
“I look so different though” she muttered.
“That’s what makeup and clothes can do to you” I shrugged.
“Good different?” Cassadee asked.
“Yeah I guess so” she replied.
“Let’s go then!” I said.

We left the room and went to tell the guys we were leaving. They all looked at Tay in awe. They probably hadn’t ever seen her wear this much makeup.
“We’re leaving” Tay said.
“You look great, have fun” Jordan replied.

All of them followed Jordan’s lead in telling us to have fun and we left. We would take Cassadee’s car. I would probably leave my bike here overnight and have Alex drop me off to pick it up after school tomorrow. We all got in the car and Cassadee drove off. In about 10 minutes we reached the bar All Time Low was playing at. They were already there to set up and sound check.

We went inside to find them setting up on stage. Alex was the first to notice us and he came running over like the excited little kid he always was before shows.
“Hey you” he said when he got to us.
“Hey” I replied, kissing him quickly.
“Be careful with that, my girlfriend will be here any minute” Alex joked.
“Well aren’t you funny” I said smiling.
“I know right!” Alex exclaimed. “You look great though.”
“Thanks babe” I replied.

Jack’s POV
When Alex suddenly ran off stage I noticed Tay, Haley and Cassadee in the back of the bar and went to say hello to them as well. I noticed Haley’s hair and couldn’t help but joke about it.
“I thought Haley would be coming with you as well” I said. “And who is this?”
“Why are the two of you not comedians instead of musicians?” Haley asked. “You’re both soooo funny.”
“Don’t be sarcastic, we are funny” I said with a sad face. “Right Alex?”
“Right” Alex agreed.

I then turned to Tay. There was something different about her, though I couldn’t really put my finger on it.
“You look different” I muttered.
“Good different I hope?” she asked, unsure.
I tilted my head and looked her up and down. “Yes” I said resolute.
“Thanks” Tay replied.

“I’m glad you came” I said.
“I wouldn’t want to miss it” she said winking.
Rian now showed up next to us as well to greet Cassadee.

“Guys, we have to soundcheck!” Zack exclaimed from behind us.
“We have to go, we’ll come hang with you after the show” I said.
Rian and Alex quickly kissed their girlfriends goodbye while Tay and I stood there sort of awkwardly.
“See you then” Tay nodded.

Rian, Alex and I walked up to the stage to soundcheck, while the girls sat down at a table.
“Isn’t Megan coming?” I asked Zack.
“She should be, but it’s still early” he replied.
We didn’t play for another 30 minutes so he was right; she had enough time to get here. By the time we were on Megan had indeed shown up, just like a lot of other people. Suddenly I noticed someone I didn’t want to see in the crowd: Aimee. I turned to Zack.

“Did you invite Aimee?” I asked.
“Not directly… I posted about the show on MySpace, she must’ve read it…” Zack answered.
“Just stay away from her and you’ll be fine” Alex butted in on our conversation.
“Yeah that’s true… I just really don’t want to mess that up with Tay here” I sighed.
“You’ll be fine. And if not, you can worry about that later. We have a show to play!” Alex said.

The bar owner was now on stage to announce us. A few seconds later he walked off, the crowd cheered and we walked on stage and did our thing.