Status: Not completed

Teenage Dirtbag

We've got these big city dreams

Haley's POV
​"For this next song we'd like to ask a special guest on stage to sing it with us"​​ Alex suddenly said after they played American Idiot by Green Day. "It's a song I wrote myself but I felt like some female vocals would make it better. So Haley, care to sing this next song with us?"
​I was speechless for a moment. Seriously? Could they not have asked me about this before? I didn't want to sing in front of all of these people... Alex started chanting my name, the guys followed his lead, and soon the audience chanted along, leaving me no choice but to go up on stage.​​

​​​​"Come on!" Cassadee exclaimed, trying to get me on my feet.
​"Fine" I groaned and I got up and headed for the stage.
​"There she is!" Jack exclaimed, pointing towards me. "And she is not amused."
​"You see, we didn't tell her about this before the show. Maybe we should have" Alex said.
​I climbed up on the stage and walked up to Alex.

​​​​"I hate you" I groaned. Alex simply shrugged. "Also, this better be Remembering Sunday and not a song I don't know."
​"It is" Alex said. "Don't worry, you'll be great."

​​​​Jack handed me a microphone while whispering 'go get 'em rockstar', before he followed Rian and Zack off stage. Apparently Alex would be playing the song on his own. He started playing and I just stood there awkwardly, not knowing what to do until he got to my part. When he finally did, I once again started rather unsure, but when I realized the crowd wasn't booing or anything, I relaxed and got more into it.

​​​​​After the song, we got quite an ovation. I couldn't help but smile. Eventhough I hadn't wanted to sing the song, this felt pretty great. I turned to look at Alex, who smiled back at me. The guys came back on stage and some guy I didn't know took the mic from me.

​​​​​I walked​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​ back to Cassadee and Tay. Cassadee upped to high five me.
​"That was awesome!" she exclaimed.
​"Thanks" I replied.
​I had to admit I was kind of proud of myself for doing this. It was the first time ever I sang in front of a bunch of people and I was glad I did it. Alex and Jack probably knew I could easily do it, I just needed a little push out of my comfort zone​​​​​​.

​The guys played a few more songs before finishing their set. After they packed their gear, Alex was the first to come up to us.
​"You rocked it on stage!" he exclaimed, hugging me from behind.
​"Thanks" I replied.

​​​​He let go of me, grabbed a chair from another table and sat down next to me. I noticed Jack coming up to us, but his way was suddenly blocked by Aimee.
​"Uh oh" I muttered. "What is she doing here?"
​"Zack accidentally invited her" Alex replied.
​Tay was looking at the two of them suspiciously.

​Jack's POV
​I was heading over to my friends when my way was suddenly blocked by Aimee.
​"What do you want?" I groaned.
​"You" she replied, looking up at me.
​"No you don't" I said. "You had me and you didn't give a shit."
​"I'm sorry about that, I really am. Just give me another chance" Aimee continued.
​"No" I said shortly and I tried to go around her. Unfortunately, she was quick enough to block my way again.

​​​​"I know something that might change your mind" she said flirty, standing a little too close for comfort. Suddenly she leaned in to kiss me, but I reacted quickly and pushed her away.
​"What the hell?" I asked. "I said no, Aimee."
​Over her shoulder I noticed Tay, Haley, Alex and Cassadee looking at me.
​"But..." she started, when Zack appeared by her side.

​​​​"Aimee, how about I get you a drink?" he asked, leading her away from me, gently but forcefully.
​He turned around and I mouthed a 'thank you' before walking over to the rest. I sat down in between Haley and Tay.
​"Uh, if you saw that, I'm sorry" I muttered to Tay.
​She shrugged. "No need to be. You pushed her away. That's what matters." She smiled.
​"Good" I replied. "Because I really don't want to get back together with her."
​"Good" she replied.

​​​​​We were soon joined by Rian, and Zack who had somehow gotten rid of Aimee.​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​"All Time Low?" I suddenly heard a voice behind me. I turned to find a guy, probably in his mid twenties and nicely dressed.
​"Uh yeah?" I replied.​​
​"I'm Josh Rivers. I work for Emerald Moon Records. Can I join you?" the guy said.
​I exchanged a look with my band mates and nodded. "Of course."

​​​​He sat down. "So, as I mentioned before, I work for Emerald Moon Records and we want to sign you guys" he said.
​"Seriously?" Alex exclaimed.
​He nodded. "Very seriously. Are you interested?"
​"Of course!" I exclaimed, before I realized I had band mates as well. I looked at them, but they all nodded in agreement.

​​​​"And the girl singing with them on stage, that's you right?" he asked, pointing at Haley.
​She nodded shyly. "Yeah, I'm Haley Jones" she said, holding out her hand.
​Josh shook it. "We'd like to hear more from you. I think you've got potential. Do you have any solo songs?"
​"Uhm, not recorded, but I've written tons of them, yeah" Haley explained.

​​​"How about all of you meet me at my office tomorrow? We can get your contract signed," he pointed at us. "​​​​​​And you could sing some more for me to see if I'm right about you?" he pointed at Haley.
​All of us quickly agreed with him, and he gave us his business card and left.

​​​"Congrats!" Cassadee exclaimed, hugging Rian.
​Tay turned to me, to hug me.
​​​The hug might have lasted a little longer than appropriate for the occasion, but I didn't care.​​​​​​​​
"You smell great" I whispered, so that only she could hear it, and I felt her chuckle.
​"So do you" she replied and we let go of each other.​​​​​

​​​​"Let's celebrate!" Alex exclaimed, his arm wrapped around Haley's neck, pulling her in for what seemed to be a very uncomfortable hug.​​
♠ ♠ ♠
I've started writing a sequel to this story as I felt much more inspired about their future than their youth, so I might be finishing this one soon. Not sure if I'll make another story for the sequel or if I'll just do a timelapse in this one, but I feel like it'll be too many chapters. It will take me a few more chapters to get everything ready for the sequel so there will be a few more chapters.