Status: Not completed

Teenage Dirtbag

Here's to dreaming out loud

Jack's POV
​It was 4:30 and I was sitting on my bed with Haley next to me. This morning Tay had agreed to go on a date pretty quickly but now it was actually happening and I was freaking out. I hadn't been on a real date in like, ever. I didn't know what to wear and I didn't know how to act.

​"Stop freaking out, seriously" Haley said, getting up to head over to my closet.
​"That's easy for you to say" I muttered.
​"Really? I'm pretty sure I went through this only a few weeks ago as well" Haley replied.
​"And I'm pretty sure you were freaking out as well" I said stubbornly.
​"Okay that's true, but you and Tay are basically together, you just have to make it official. With me and Alex we went on our first date pretty early." she shrugged, going through my closet.

​"So what's your point?" I asked.
​"I don't know" she replied while throwing a black shirt at my face. "Like you told us, don't put too much pressure on it. Just have fun."
​"I don't even know what to say to her" I sighed.
​"You never seem to have a problem with that" she replied.
​"Yeah but at school it's different... I don't..." I started
​"Put as much pressure on it" Hayley finished my sentence, even though it wasn't exactly what I was going to say.

​"Fine, yeah, but it's not that easy to 'not put that much pressure on it' you know" I protested.
​"Jack, it's just Tay, calm down" she replied, getting annoyed.
​"Just Tay?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows.
​'You know what I mean, stop whining and get changed" she answered while throwing dark blue skinny jeans at me.
​I was just getting up to get change when she threw a gray shirt at me.

​"No, wear that one" she said.
​I took the jeans and shirt to the bathroom, changed into them and returned to my bedroom.
​"Now fix your hair, it's a mess" Haley, who was reading a magazine that had been on my nightstand, commanded.
​I decided not to protest as Haley really was trying to help me get ready for my date, she just did it her own way.

​Just when I was finished with my hair the doorbell rang. Haley offered to open the door, but I didn't really want Tay to know she helped me get ready so I did it myself while Haley promised to wait upstairs until we left. I went downstairs​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​ and opened the door for Tay. I had to admit, she was looking absolutely beautiful. She wasn't exactly dressed fancy as I told her to dress casual since we were going to a pretty cheap restaurant as I couldn't afford anything else. The black skinny jeans and dark purple tank top looked really good on her though. She was wearing more make up than usual and her hair had been straightened.
​​​
​"You look beautiful" I said and I felt a blush creep onto my face.
​Thankfully, Tay was blushing as well so I didn't feel too bad about it.​​​​
​"Thanks" she said shyly​​.
​I had offered to pick Tay up at home, but she hadn't told the guys about going on a date with me and didn't want them to start whining about it, so instead she just came over to my house.

​"Let's go then" I suggested and Tay nodded in agreement.
​She turned around and I followed her to my car, grabbing her hand. Like a real gentleman, I held the car door open for her and closed it after she sat down. I walked around the car to get into the driver's seat and drove off.​​​​​​​​ The restaurant we were going to was one of my favorites and despite it not being fancy, the food was really good. 10 minutes later, I parked the car at the parking lot next to the restaurant and we got out.
​"Ever been here?" I asked Tay.
​"No, I've hardly been anywhere. The only place we go to for diner is McDonald's really" she said laughing.
​"Well, it's really good. Their burgers are just the best" I replied.
​"Well, let's go inside then" she said, grabbing my hand and dragging me to the entrance.
​We went inside and a waitress took us to our table.​​​​​​​​​​ We both sat down and ordered a drink.

​"I already love the interior" Tay said, looking around.
​The place was decorated in Wild West-things, like cowboy stuff and skulls of animals I couldn't quite figure out.
​"I know right! I always used to come here with my parents, sister and brother... We don't really do that anymore but I still love this place" I explained.
​Tay smiled. "You're just a little kid" she teased.
​"And you're mean" I pouted in reply.
​"Ah, you poor thing" she said, taking my hand, that was lying on the table, into hers.​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

​The waitress came to brought our drinks. I wasn't sure when I would have to ask Tay if she wanted to be my girlfriend. Now would probably be a bit to early. If she were to say now, we might as well have had a nice diner first.​​​​
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the really short chapter but I wanted to post something because it might be a few days before I can post again and I didn't want to keep you waiting for that long.