Status: Complete

We Only Come Out at Night

A Couples Day

TJ stood in front of me holding his hand. I spat at him and my arms were held behind my back. Two men stood beside me holding each arm. I kicked at them and squirmed but they had me in a tight grip. A woman screamed and I looked in front of me. Three people, a man and two woman were crouched over the woman who screamed. They had their mouths to parts of her body and she constantly cried out in pain. It took me a while to realised they were feeding off her. I looked away and TJ roughly grabbed my chin.
“Look at her!” he yelled forcing my chin up.
I shut my eyes. He slapped me but I barely moved my head. I heard a pained scream then silence. I heard something snap. I opened my eyes to see her lifeless ones and her broken neck. I shivered.
“Why did you do that?” I said quietly.
“Her 'mate' needed to be taught a lesson. Her 'mate' is a vampire who thought her mate could be human, so we decided to kill her worthless human 'mate', Kate. It'll show Bree not to think such stupid things.”
Kate was really pretty, it was a waste of a good life, probably a good person.
“Why am I here?”
“These three are still quite hungry.”
My eyes widened.
“And you get the honours of feeding them, don't worry, they won't drain you like Kate here.”
“No, only my mate can feed off me.”
“YOU'RE NOT A COUNTERPART! YOU'RE NOT EVEN PART VAMPIRE!”
“Demons have counterparts too.”
“YOU'RE NOT RICKY'S MATE!” he spat.
“Yes I am.”
“No you're NOT!”
He slapped me again and I didn't feel a thing. I kicked in front of me and hit him right in the crotch. He doubled over holding his area.
“Drop her,” he groaned.
They dropped me and stepped away. The three vampires crowded around me. I punched the woman on my left and kicked the other one. The man got me by the throat and I kicked him in the chest. He dropped me and I stood up. TJ grabbed me by the hair and threw me on the floor.
“Have fun being dinner.”
“Only Ricky feeds off me,” I growled kicking the woman crawling towards me.
The other woman backhanded me and I fell into the wall. I ignored the throb in my head and punched her until someone pulled me away. I turned around and punched the man holding me back splitting my knuckles in the process. I wasn't surprised considering the amount of people I've punched the past few weeks. He flew back in front of me and a pale hand wrapped around his throat. I couldn't see who it was, they were hiding behind the man. They punched the man who fell to the side. Ricky. I ran towards him and threw my arms around him. I jumped up and wrapped my legs around his waist. He held me close to him.
“How did you know I was here?” I murmured into his hair.
“I could feel it,” he said quietly.
He gently kissed my shoulder for comfort, which I really needed now.
“Look who it is,” TJ sneered.
I let go of Ricky and stood beside him. TJ stepped towards us grinning like a mad man.
“What do you want?”
“She's not your mate.”
“Yes she is.”
TJ laughed. “What makes you think that? You've had her blood? So what, it's just keeping you strong, you haven't found your mate.”
“Yes I have.”
“Only two vampires are counterparts. Not a vampire and a hybrid, a freak.”
Ricky tightened his grip on me.
“Vampires and demons can be counterparts, it's not just vampires.”
“It was originally.”
He came towards us with a dagger.
“And it'll be that way again.”
“What do you mean?” I asked.
“I mean, I'm going to kill every demon and vampire who thinks they're mated with anyone whose not a vampire. And you're next.”
He stabbed me and Ricky shoved him into the wall. I felt no pain. Nothing at all, I didn't even feel numb. Ricky rushed to my side.
“Alyssa, hang in there.”
I looked down but didn't see any blood.
“Ricky, what...?”
I couldn't even finish that sentence I was so shocked. He looked down at my stomach. He frowned, kissed my forehead and pulled it out. Nothing, not even a tear in my clothes.
“What the hell?”
TJ walked behind Ricky and jumped on him before I could cry out. TJ wrestled the dagger off Ricky and I started looking for something to hit him with. Ricky threw him off and punched him. TJ stabbed him with the dagger. His black shirt started to get wet and I froze. He was bleeding. I snapped out of my trance and ran to him. He fell on his knees and I fell beside him. Pulling it out would make it worse. There was nothing I could do. Tears streamed down my face as I looked at Ricky's shocked face.
“How?” I managed to choke out.
“That dagger was made to kill vampires, forged by angels, demons tears and vampires blood,” TJ answered from behind me somewhere.
“I'll be fine.”
Even speaking hurt him. I stroked his face and swiped at my eyes so I could see him properly.
“Ricky, don't go, please don't go.”
His eyelids fluttered and I broke down.
“Lyss? Lyss wake up!” Ricky said.
I opened my eyes to see Ricky's living room and his face hovering over mine.
“Ricky?”
He sighed in relief. “You had a nightmare.”
He cupped my face and I closed my eyes. Just a dream, not real. At least I knew the muffled parts now. Was he torturing me in my sleep?
“Possibly.”
I frowned.
“You said that out loud.”
I nodded and sat up. I must have fallen asleep here last night.
“Do you want to talk about it?”
The image of him dying crossed my made making me wince.
“You don't have to.”
I shook my head.
“Do you remember that first dream I told you about?”
“Yeah.”
“It was that again. You were the one who stopped the guy. We hugged and then TJ walked towards us with a dagger or a knife and said he was going to kill vampire and demon who thought they weren't mated with a vampire. He stabbed me but the knife did no harm. Then you started fighting and I was looking for something to help but he got the knife and stabbed you. And...y-yo-you-”
I started to cry and he wrapped me into a hug.
“It's okay, you don't need to finish it.”
“It was so real.”
“It's just a dream, he's just torturing you. I can't help you in your sleep. You need to be strong.”
I nodded and pulled away. A look of worry seemed to permanently be on his face when I woke.
“I'm fine. I don't think he can do anymore with that dream.”
He nodded like he understood. He probably realised he died in the dream.
“C'mon, let me get you tea or hot chocolate.”
I nodded and moved to the side so he could get up. I wanted to go with him but I was tired and stressed. He came in a couple of minutes later with a cup which he passed to me.
“Thanks.”
I took a sip of the tea he made which was perfect. He grabbed a blanket and wrapped it around me.
“I had a nightmare, not a near death experience.”
He chuckled. “I'm just looking out for you.”
He sat beside me and wrapped an arm around my shoulders.
“What do you want to do?”
“Nothing, I just want to watch movies all day.”
“What we do everyday basically.”
“Yeah.”
He hugged me closer and turned on the TV. We barely moved all day. I got up to try and get the stiffness out of my legs. I walked into the kitchen to get a drink and joined Ricky on the sofa again.
“Where's the gang? I haven't seen them all day.”
“Ange is at Maddie's, Amelia is at Balz's, Ryan is at Allie's and the others are with their girlfriends and Chris is with one of them.”
“Couples day. Except Chris, I hope he finds someone soon.”
“Yeah. He deserves someone nice.”
We watched the rest of Beetlejuice in silence. He kissed the top of my head and moved down to my neck.
“Hungry?”
“Mm-hm,” he mumbled against my skin.
He pushed my hair away from my neck making me shiver. He kissed down my neck stopping at the same point he fed from two days ago. I lifted my chin up to give him more room and his fangs grew quickly and sunk into my skin. It was more pleasurable than I remembered. I couldn't hold back the moan this time. Ricky held my neck closer to him and gently pushed me down. I couldn't stop moaning every so often which only encouraged him. He stopped and licked the excess blood off my neck.
“That's what it's like then?” he purred in my ear.
I almost moaned again. It took me a while to realise he was lying on top of me.
“Huh?” he teased.
“Uh huh.”
That was all I could say, I was breathless. He began to kiss my neck again and my back instinctively arched against him. His hands slid down to my hips and his lips moved to mine. It was a heated kiss. My hands got tangled in his hair and I pulled him closer. His hands moved up my shirt and my breath hitched. I pulled back panting. He pulled me back and his hands moved further up my shirt to my bra. He growled in my mouth making me moan. His hands roamed to the clasp. He pulled back asking for permission and I nodded. He got up and grabbed my hand towing me up the stairs. He kicked open his door and I sat on the bed. He locked the door and walked back to me. He kissed me and I slowly fell backwards, his lips never leaving mine. His hands went back up my shirt immediately and up to the clasp. He pulled back again.
“Are you sure?”
“Yes,” I said softly.
He brought his lips to mine and unclasped my bra.

*A few hours later*
I was lying on the bed with my head on Ricky's bare chest. He was stroking my hair, his fingertips often trailing down my elbow, the other hand on my waist. My hand rested lazily beside my face on his chest.
“How do you feel?” he asked for the millionth time.
“Great.”
I looked up to see him raising an eyebrow.
“Last time you said that you almost fell over trying to stand up.”
“I'm fine, really. I bet I can stand now.”
I moved and he reluctantly let go of me. I stood up and smiled at him. He rolled his eyes moving off the bed and holding my elbow in case I decided to suddenly fall. I took a step forward and his grip tightened.
“I really don't think you're ready for that.”
“I think I am.”
I ignored his protests and walked to were my shirt was lying along with my underwear. I slipped them on looking around for my jeans. Ricky grabbed his shirt and I admired him before he pulled it on.
“Looking for this?”
I smiled at the sight of my jeans and walked to him slowly.
“How's the pain?”
“Nothing I can't handle.”
He shook his head.
“You can show pain, you know.”
“You know how uncomfortable I am with that, I can protect you all better if I don't show it.”
“How?”
“Because then you don't know how much something affects me, if I get hurt I can stop you from worrying so much and help you focus on kicking their ass.”
He shook his head again. I took my jeans off him and pulled them on.
“How much longer is this going to hurt?”
“I don't know, I don't really...you know... with-”
“It's okay.”
It was kind of cute how awkward he was about it. He was blushing and rubbing the back of his neck. He found the rest of his clothes and put them on. I turned to the small mirror he had to try and fix my hair that had gone mad. I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist and smiled. He kissed my shoulder moving up to my neck.
“I love you,” he whispered.
I felt my smile widen.
“I love you too,” I said softly.
I turned around to face him and hugged him. He leaned down and gave me a chaste kiss. He tucked my hair behind my ear. I leaned into him.
“You're sure you're okay?”
“Absolutely.”
He smiled and kissed my forehead. He swept me up and carried me bridal style.
“What are you doing?”
“I don't believe you.”
He unlocked the door and walked down the stairs.
“Really? Is this really called for?”
“Yes.”
He put me down on the sofa gently and walked into the kitchen muttering something about getting us drinks.
“Boo.”
“Holy shit!” I yelled jumping. “Maddie what the hell?!”
She laughed and walked around the sofa.
“What happened?” Ricky asked appearing at the doorway.
“Maddie scared the shit out of me.”
He chuckled and went back into the kitchen. I moved aside for Maddie and winced a little.
“You had sex, didn't you?” she whispered.
“Maybe,” I whispered back.
“You did!” she whisper-yelled.
“Shh, keep it quiet.”
“You're telling us.”
“I know, I promised Heather. Girls night?”
“Done, my place.”
I nodded and Ricky came in.
“What are you two talking about?”
“Just girl stuff. I need to go tell them, I'll be back in a sec,” Maddie said leaving the room.
“Well, that was weird. What d'ya want to do tonight?”
“Actually Maddie has called a girls night.”
“I can be a girl,” he said winking at me.
“Trust me, you don't want to be there.”
“Why not?”
“It's um, about-” I cleared my throat.
His eyes widened. “Already?”
“She found out, and she's telling the others right now. If I don't go tonight I'll be mauled by them.”
He laughed. “Alright, just don't take too long.”
He kissed my cheek then settled down beside me. I curled into his side and sighed.
********
We were sitting on the floor in a circle. The door was locked, our phones turned off and we were blocked from the outside world.
“Tell us everything,” Heather said excitedly.
I recalled everything to them. At the end of it they were smiling at me.
“He said he loves you?” Ivy asked.
“Yeah.” I couldn't believe it myself.
“That's so sweet,” Maddie said.
I smiled remembering it.
“Girl, you're hooked,” Kylie commented.
“Huh?”
“You're love-struck. Don't worry, it happens to all of us after we have sex with our mates. It helps you realise just how much you love them. Everything he does you'll adore, you won't be able to get him off your mind,” Allie explained.
Ivy, Allie, Kylie and Heather smiled knowingly. Maddie looked away awkwardly, I gave her a hug.
“Soon Mads,” I said.
She blushed awkwardly.
“Ange told me he loves me,” she said quietly.
“What! And you didn't tell me!” Ivy shrieked before I could.
She blushed a deeper red. This was fun, just us girls taking about the guys. The way we always did.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's been a while but there's been a lot of homework, revising (yes Courtney, I have actually been revising for a change), family shit etc. so here's a kinda long chapter to try and make up for it :) Another reason is I'm currently writing the last chapter, which I've been putting off because this is the first story that I've wrote that I'm actually proud of and I don't want this to end, but the time has come. I think there's three more chapters and then this will be officially finished.
Thank you to all my readers which has increased to 21 :) thanks a lot :) and thank you to everyone who recommended and subscribed to this, I love you all :) See y'all later xx