Status: Complete

We Only Come Out at Night

The Fight

I woke up and pawed at my eyes. I felt Ricky's arms around my waist and smiled. I opened my eyes to see him still asleep. I snuggled back into him and closed my eyes, enjoying the feeling of being next to him. After a while he stirred and sighed contently. I looked up to see him smiling at me.
“Morning,” I said.
“Morning love.”
I smiled as he kissed my hair. His smile dropped and I remembered that TJ would attack today.
“Are you ready?” he asked.
“Yeah, you?”
“Yes.”
I raised an eyebrow and he frowned. I sat up and he copied me. I pushed my hair to the side letting him know what I was thinking.
“Lyss, you need your strength-”
“And you need as much as you can get, I can get over it quickly. I am your mate, if I lost a lot of energy by losing some blood I'd be a terrible mate.”
He smiled a little and pulled me closer to him. He grew his fangs and bit me. He drank until he felt he had enough and pulled away. He licked the blood off his lips and kissed me. He asked for entrance with his tongue and I pulled away.
“My blood is in your mouth and you're trying to stick your tongue in my mouth?”
“Your blood is delicious, I don't understand your opposition.”
“I'm not a vampire. I don't drink blood.”
“You could,” he whispered in my ear.
“How?”
“I could change you, you'd still have your wings and demon powers, as well as a vampires.”
“Too much of a risk.”
He looked at me raising his eyebrows.
“I could die.”
“Your other non-human parts would protect you.”
I just smiled and got up. I pulled on one of his shirts and walked downstairs to see Maddie and Ange.
"Hey guys."
"Hey chica, where's Ricky?" Maddie asked.
"Right here," he said from behind me.
"Wait, are you wearing his shirt?" Ange asked.
I winked at him and went to the kitchen. I heard someone come in and grabbed another mug. A pair of arms wrapped around my waist and I recognised the tattoos at once.
“Have you thought about it?”
“Thought about what?”
I turned around to see Ricky's disbelieving face.
“What I told you earlier.”
“I thought you were joking.”
“No.”
“Would I lose my human part?”
“Yes, that's the part that would turn vampire, since you can't turn from demon to vampire or anything apart human to vampire.”
“I'll think about it, when we get past this thing.”
He smiled. “WHEN we get past it.”
“This is TJ, he wouldn't have prepared them properly and with Andy on our side we can't lose.”
“Technically you're one of his creations, not just because of the demon in you. Because your mother fell, rose, she left Chloe's side and went to Andy's.”
“Huh.”
I turned back to the kettle and made him a coffee and tea for myself. I handed him his cup.
“Thanks.”
I smiled at him taking a sip of tea.
“Hey love birds, you gonna come here and discuss how we're going to survive or are you gonna keep talking in there?” Maddie asked.
“Discuss survival,” I answered, leading the way into the living room.
She shook her head at the cup in my hands and I smiled sweetly.
“Right, we're all going to help each other obviously, but I'll protect Maddie especially and Ricky will protect Alyssa,” Angelo said.
“Whoa, whoa, whoa. I don't think so,” Maddie argued.
“It's the other way around mister,” I said.
“No-” Ricky started.
“Yes, if TJ comes here he can't hurt me and Maddie will only be partly hurt, you and Ange will be killed. Therefore we will protect you,” I interrupted.
They grudgingly agreed.
"If things get out of hand go to one of the other houses and hide out there," Angelo said.
"Again, no. We stick together," Maddie said. I nodded my head in agreement.
"You're not going to agree with anything we say are you?" Ricky asked.
"Nope," I said smiling sweetly.
The guys sighed as Maddie and I smiled at them.
"Mads, can you be violent?" Ricky asked. She winced at the thought.
"How about mentally?" Ange asked.
"I can do that," she said.
"Lyss, you're fine with being violent, right?" Ange asked.
"Both physically and mentally," I said happily.
The two guys smiled at me and Maddie shook her head while smiling. Maddie pulled her hair up into a ponytail muttering about getting changed and went up the stairs to Angelo's room with Angelo following her. I grabbed a bobble and put my hair into a ponytail, pinning my fringe back with bobby pins.
“We should get changed,” Ricky said, watching me.
I nodded and followed him up the stairs. I pulled on a pair of black, tattered jeans I didn't mind getting blood on and a black t-shirt.
“Beautiful,” Ricky said, wrapping his arms around my waist and kissing the top of my head.
I turned around to see him wearing old clothes that could be destroyed today.
“C'mon, they're probably waiting for us,” I said after a chaste kiss.
Sure enough, Maddie and Ange were waiting the living room.
“You ready?” Ange asked.
I nodded and so did Ricky.
“Let's do this,” Maddie said.
Angelo called Chris, Ghost called Balz and Ryan called Vic so we would know when TJ would attack and to talk before it. Andy was on the street in between Chris and Ghost's house and Ricky and Angelo's house, right in the middle of the four houses. We were ready.

Two hours later
There was a banging on Chris and Ghost's door. There was a loud slam and footsteps charging in. We heard a loud punch and Chris cheering. I smiled a little at the image of him knocking out a vampire or demon with just a punch.
“How many's there?” Ryan asked.
There was the sound of flesh hitting flesh and groans (and Chris cheering occasionally).
“Fifteen,” Ghost said, “We got them all.”
“We got someone breaking down the door,” Jaime said.
There was a bang on the door and our heads snapped towards the sound.
“We got some too,” Ricky said, his eyes never leaving the door.
Maddie took Ange's phone and set it aside so we could still hear the gang.
“Be careful,” Allie said.
“Of course,” I replied.
I stood up with Rick and Ange and Maddie joined us. I saw the door fly off the hinges. A man walked in with blood red eyes and pale white skin. Demon. He ran towards Ricky, who I pushed out of the way. I punched him and Ange knocked him out when he stumbled backwards. We stood waiting for the next attack. Kylie cried out in surprise, meaning more were attacking or they had regained consciousness. There was the sound of footsteps outside the house, most fast but one slow and steady. Maddie grabbed anyone who came near her, torturing them in her mind, making them fall on their knees in agony. Ange covered her back and I tried to protect Ricky but he kept hiding behind me, trying to protect me from the oncoming hoard. I kicked a man in the crotch and grabbed his hair as he doubled over, torturing him, then kicked him away, knocking him out in the process. I heard Ricky punch someone behind me and a thud beside me. One more down. TJ appeared at the doorway and I pushed Ricky into the kitchen then ran to Angelo, hitting anyone who got in my way. I towed him away and shoved him towards the kitchen. TJ slowly made his way to Maddie and I sprinted towards her. I punched the woman she was fighting in the temple making her fall and stood in front of Maddie, protecting her. TJ smirked.
“Been dreaming about me?”
I growled and punched the man running at me.
“I'm guessing you know this is,” he said, brandishing the dagger.
I wanted to leap forward and slice his throat with it, but I had to protect them. I glared at him, while trying to keep Maddie in my peripheral vision and punching anyone who came near me. I saw someone step out behind TJ. Ange stepped beside me, nodded and took my place beside Maddie. I kicked and punched my way towards TJ and Ricky. With that dagger TJ could take out Ricky easily. Ricky got TJ in a headlock and knocked his legs out from underneath him. TJ was lying on his back and Ricky was kicking him in the side and punching him in the face. TJ had covered his face with his arms feebly, still holding the dagger. A vampire wrenched Ricky away and TJ got up. Ricky fought off the vampire and turned his back on TJ. TJ raised his arm, just as I reached them, to plunge the knife in Ricky's back. My wings erupted from me and wrapped around Ricky. TJ stabbed me in the back as I fell forward, holding Ricky in my arms to soften the fall. I turned on my side and unwrapped my wings as best as I could. Ricky was looking at me with wonder. I smiled before nudging him gently. He got up, careful of my wings, and faced TJ who had a look of shock on his face. He quickly hid it.
"Where is it?" he barked.
I stood up and smirked, pulling the dagger out of my back.
"It doesn't work on me, surely you knew I would protect him."
"You didn't in the dream."
"I woke up. I believe this would kill you."
His eyes widened. Horror and shock was plastered on his face.
"Call them off," Ricky said.
"S-stop," he stuttered.
They stepped away from Maddie and Ange. I called for Andy in my mind and he appeared beside me. I handed him the dagger and he gave it back.
"Only an angel can break it."
I nodded. "What do I do?"
“Snap it.”
“NO!” TJ yelled, lunging at me.
Ange grabbed him from behind and Ricky stepped behind him to help Ange. I held the handle and the tip and snapped it. I stuffed the halves into my pockets. There was the sound of high-heels behind me. We turned to see Chloe walking up the path.
“I want Hell back,” Andy said.
“Take it, the majority of them are too kind for my liking, especially this group, they managed to help the others get past my influence. Just one last thing before I give it back, I want a human dead by their hands.”
I looked back at them. Ricky was scowling at her, Maddie looked distraught and Angelo was frowning, deep in thought.
“Today,” Chloe added.
I could've slapped the smirk off her face. I heard Maddie give a startled shriek and whipped around. Ange had her hand and was towing her upstairs. It took my brain a few seconds to connect. He was going to change her.
“Will she-?” I asked Ricky, making sure the others didn't understand.
“She has a better chance that you.”
I nodded. Chloe gave us a confused look.
“You need to kill, Olson. You understand that, right?”
“I understand,” Ricky said, smiling at Andy.
Andy chuckled and ran a hand through his hair.
“What are you waiting for? Get the others and kill someone,” TJ said, looking at us spitefully.
“We don't need the others, and we've got someone already,” I said, smiling sweetly at him.
He growled making me smirk. Ange ran down the stairs at full speed, whispered to Ricky and ran back upstairs. Ricky nodded at me and Andy smiling.
“Enough of this! I want to see you kill!” Chloe shouted, not unlike a child throwing a tantrum.
Ange appeared at the top of the stairs with an unconscious Maddie lying limp in his arms. He laid her down on the nearest sofa and crouched beside her, holding her hand.
“Go and get someone!” TJ yelled, getting impatient.
“Would you shut up and stop whining like a child!” I yelled back.
He shrunk away and stepped towards Chloe. I guess he wasn't as tough as he made himself out to be. Maddie twitched and Ange placed a hand on her cheek, whispering softly to her. Her eyes fluttered open and landed on Ange, who smiled at her. She sat up, winced and leaned against the back of the sofa.
“How do you feel?” Ange asked quietly.
“Not that much different.”
“You haven't changed, you're just not human anymore.”
“What? No, that doesn't count!” Chloe argued.
“The human part of her is dead, we did what you wanted, now go,” Ricky said, glaring at her.
She stopped her foot, almost breaking a heel. She gestured to TJ and turned around, leaving the house. I moved to Maddie and smiled at her.
“Can things go back to normal now?” Balz asked from the doorway. We turned around. The whole gang was there with only minor injuries. We laughed at him.
“Yes, no more fighting with 'God',” I said smiling at him.
“Well, glad to know things are going to plan again,” Andy said.
“Was Angie meant to change me?” Maddie asked.
“Eventually.”
I looked at Ricky, about to ask Andy but I shut my mouth deciding against it. It's better to just let things happen, whether we like it or not. Ryan walked into the kitchen and pulled out an electric drill and screws. I got up to help him but Ricky put a hand on my shoulder, silently telling me to stay put. I rolled my eyes and took the drill off Ryan.
“Now we know who holds the whip,” Chris chuckled.
“You're still on that?” I asked disbelievingly.
“What? No one holds 'the whip',” Ricky said.
“Okay, you like to think you hold it,” Balz teased.
“No one holds a whip in our relationship,” Ricky argued.
“He's right.” I backed him up.
“Someone has to hold it, and it's Alyssa,” Chris pressed.
I smacked him on the back of the head and helped Ryan keep the door up and find new hinges. Maddie started helping cleaning the small cuts on the gang despite Ange's instructions to stay still and Ghost and Heather helped her.
“I should go, let my creations know what's happening. Thank you,” Andy said.
“Just make sure something like this doesn't happen again, I'm done fighting TJ and Chloe. If I'm gonna fight it needs to be with someone who isn't a brat,” I said.
“I'll do my best,” he agreed.
“See you, man,” Chris said, which was followed with fifteen 'good-byes'.
We spent the rest of the day watching movies like we usually did, one big group of friends.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another chapter as promised, I will upload the next and final chapter tomorrow. I hope you've been enjoying this, even if it's only a little bit. The next one includes secret girlfriends and Christmas....but who will be caught under the mistletoe? ;)
See ya xx