I Guess I'll Never Get To Call You Mine

SÉBASTIEN

I’ve never had such a stressful and weird day in my whole life. My girlfriend and my friends are kidnapped. I stole a boat, broke it, attempted to sail it, got sunk and now face a crowd of surprised onlookers as David, Chuck and I climbed aboard a passenger ferry looking like desperate drowned victims. But right now I didn’t care about appearances. After all we’ve been through there is no way I’m leaving without Laurence and Aline (and Jeff too, I guess) in tow. I pushed past a bunch of people and stumbled down a set of stairs to find two blokes standing on either side of a door marked for no entry.
“Hey did you guys see two ladies and a bald guy getting kidnapped?” I asked. Okay, probably not the smoothest move but I was growing desperate. Unsurprisingly, they looked at me as if crazy. One of them asked if I was high. “What? This is serious! My girlfriend’s missing, my friend’s missing, and we don’t have the time or money to hold auditions for a new lead guitarist!” I screamed. “Hey Seb.” David had appeared at my side, still bare-chested and dripping wet. He grabbed my arm and started pulling me away. “He, um, is a little hung over. His girlfriend just dumped him,” he explained to the blokes as I struggled against his hold. “Sorry for the disturbance.”
“What are you doing?” I hissed. “Those guys could’ve have saw something suspicious and told us something. You’re such an idiot.” I was too upset to properly register the dark look that crossed David’s face as I insulted him. Then suddenly that dawned on me. “Holy crap! That door! Those guys could’ve been guarding the entry to where they’re held hostage!” “Um, yeah, that’s what Chuck and I think,” David said patiently. “We wanted to tell you but you just went mental and started a convo with those baddies.” “Oh Gawd we got to get past them! How? The other passengers are on board!” “David had an idea,” Chuck sighed. He’d emerged from the ferry’s cafeteria holding a giant apple pie.
Wait, Chuck and David are friends again now? Just a few minutes ago I could barely get them to talk! After I made them apologize during that stupid sailing attempt they’ve both been acting a little weird. I couldn’t finish my thoughts because Chuck did the last thing I expected from him. “FOOD FIGHT!” he yelled, throwing the pie tried into one of the guard’s faces. Unbelievably, it worked.