I Guess I'll Never Get To Call You Mine

RANDY

“Hey Rand.” I looked up to see the tired and disheveled face of my friend as he emerged into the intense writing session composed of Jeff, my brothers and me. Seb and Laurence had made up and I didn’t even want to begin to think of what they have planned this Friday night in Laurence’s apartment. “Hey Pierre, what’s up?” I said. “You look bad.” He always looked bad nowadays. I wasn’t surprised when he didn’t even bother coming up with a witty comeback.
“Yeah, I know,” he sighed. “Where are the others?” “Chuck told me he couldn’t make it. Apparently Ashley had something planned for the both of them today. The same applies to Seb and Lau. We let David off the hook today because that kidnapping episode shook him up pretty bad. Aline’s with him.” She’s been with him ever since that incident actually. I know we hired Dave as her new bodyguard, but sometimes it feels like she’s the one who’s guarding him.
“Chuck’s with Ashley, huh? It’s funny, I think I saw her sometime ago near The Queen Elizabeth Hotel.” “Isn’t that where The Queen stays whenever she’s in Montréal?” Marcus said. “Yep, and where John Lennon and Yoko Ono had their Bed-In thing,” I said. “What is Ashley doing there?” “I don’t know, but I’m pretty sure she’s with J.S.” Jeff looked surprised. “Jean-Sébastien Boileau? The old Reset bassist?” “The very same. At least I think it’s him. We haven’t kept in touch for a very long time and I, um, was in an intoxicated state at that time.”
We all avoided looking at his eyes. We know Pierre’s been battling with depression ever since the news about his brother. “We’re, uh, all very sorry, man,” Jason said hastily. “About Jay.” I saw Pierre’s fists clench. “I wish I can save him,” he whispered. “Out of all the people in the world why does it have to be my brother?” Sean sighed. “Perhaps you’re not as helpless as you think. They say the power of music heals. I propose we write and dedicate a song in his honor.” Pierre’s face softened slightly. “Yes,” he said quietly. “Because he will get through this. I’ll write a song—for him and for all those under the same circumstances.”