Let Your Heart, Control Your Mind.

And I Just Might

When at last we had finished with the formalities of graduation day and my parents finally let us be we escaped. The weather wasn't too hot so we decided to make use of my bedroom’s small mostly underground patio.
“I haven’t been out here since I was thirteen.” He said as he opened the French doors to the outside. “You still have it. Everything else out here has changed but you still have it.” I smiled at his wonderment. He was referring to the cottage. It was like a permanent tent just big enough for the full sized patio bed underneath it. My parents gave it to me when I was ten because I wanted to have camp outs all the time. Every night we could manage during the summer Nick and I spent the night out here up until he turned thirteen and became famous.
“I never have seen a reason to get rid of it. I still use it all the time. I read out here all the time still.” I recalled opening the canvas and sitting just inside.
“I remember it being so cold during the night that we had to go back inside.”
“Until they put heating pads underneath the cover and made the mattress warm.”
“You always hogged the bed.” He claimed.
“Only because you took the blankets and I wanted to cuddle so I wouldn't be cold.” I admitted. “I always want to cuddle.” He smiled and climbed onto the mattress laying his head in the pillows.
“It’s almost just how I remember it.” I laid down next to him and he moved his arm underneath my neck. “Now it’s just how I remember it.” I laughed and turned toward him using his bicep as a pillow.
“I don’t think I had the urge to give you kisses though.” He smiled as I said that.
“I did.” He admitted pressing his lips to mine. This made me grin. “I can’t kiss you if your mouth is open, but I do like your smile.” His hand held my face. “You beautiful girl.”
“I love you, you know that right?” Again he kissed me pulling me closer as he did so. “I’ll take that as a yes.”
“It is always going to be a yes for you.” I straightened out my graduation dress. My dad walked around the corner of the house pretending to trim the hedges. I say pretending because my father had never trimmed the hedges. I giggled and leaned into Nick’s chest.
“Hi, Mr. Carter.” Nick waved as dad looked at us.
“Oh, hey there you two. I didn't see you there. I was just doing a little yard work.” He acted as if he had no idea.
“In a suit?” I raised an eye brow at him. It is okay, though. Two weekends ago he decided to watch UP with us even though he doesn't like animated films. I think he is having issues with me having a boyfriend for the first time.
“It was a sudden decision. Your mom is nesting and all. She wants the house in top shape for when the baby comes.” Dad responded clipping a few branches.
“I know you are a lawyer and all, daddy, but I think sometimes you suck at lying.” He sighed and dropped the pruning shears to his side.
“Fine, I’ll just go back to watching you from the security cameras. I warn you, Jonas, try anything and I’ll be back.” I laughed and pulled down the side flap of the tent. “I’ll use the one from the pool house.” I put down the other canvas wall and then untied the door flaps.
“Good luck.” I told him.
“You better keep it G rated in there.” He warned us.
“Don’t worry, Mr. Carter. You know you can expect me to treat your daughter with the utmost respect.”
“You better.”
“Bye, daddy. I’ll see you at dinner.” We waited until we thought he had left before he ducked in and gave me a nice slow kiss.
“I better hear talking.” He hadn't left.
“Nick, did you know over bearing parents are the cause of rebellious children in most cases?”
“Fine, I’ll go.” Both of us broke out in a fit of laughter. When we calmed down Nick took my hand in his. He kissed my forehead.
“That smile.” He let go of my hand and held my face running his thumb over my bottom lip. “I could marry you just to see that smile every morning when I wake up.”
♠ ♠ ♠
<3 Kelsey