Violent Kisses and Violent Minds

Chapter Six

Chapter Six:
Derek reached the bottom of the staircase, inching slowly forward. He checked the downstairs rooms and they were all still and silent. He paused, realising he’d left Sonny upstairs alone. Oh fuck. He walked quickly up the stairs, and they creaked loudly again. He ran into Sonny’s room to see him sitting on the bed still. Phew! A wave of relief swept over him, though he knew he had yet to check the upstairs rooms. He looked through them, they were all clear. He returned to Sonny and told him the house was safe.

B A N G ! B A N G ! B A N G !

“Fuck, what is that!?” Derek exclaimed, getting up again just after he’d sat back down next to Sonny.

Derek wandered cautiously to the door and disappeared down the creaky stairs again. Little did Derek know, Sonny followed him down the stairs, his small body not making the stairs creak as he walked carefully, quickly and quietly down the stairs.

Derek was checking the kitchen again as Sonny entered the lounge room. As he passed the window, he swore he saw a dark shadow move past outside.

“Derek!” Sonny called, and a moment later Derek was at his side.

“Sonny, what are you doing down here, I told you to stay up there.” Derek said, fearing only for Sonny’s safety.

“I saw something, or someone move out there.” Sonny said, ignoring Derek’s question, his eyes fixed on the window.

“Come on. It was probably just a dog or something. Let’s go back to bed.” Derek offered.

Sonny obeyed. I mean, he was hardly going to choose staying up all night staring at the window over going back to sleep… with Derek.

-Next day at school-

Derek and Sonny arrived, yes, still alive. It was class, and all four of the friends were in separate classes.

NOTE: Travis’ POV for this next part:

I sat in art, as our old, 50 year old art teacher explained to us what we had to do this class. I didn’t listen, meh, it’s art, I’ll paint, that’s it. A few minutes later I heard the teacher announce we were going to have partners for this double class. Oh great. A partner. Now I’ll actually have to work, or be beaten up. My luck I’ll be paired with a jock.

The teacher read through names, pairing people up. “And Travis, you can go with… Simone.” She said, I looked over at my partner, a girl with brown hair, brown eyes and tanned skin. I recognised her, she wasn’t too bad. Not a prep, which is DEFINITELY a good thing, she’s not exactly what I’d call a friend, but she’s someone I don’t mind being paired with.

‘Not exactly someone I’d call a friend’ Yeah Travis, that’s because you only have three friends, remember?

“So what do we have to do?” I asked Simone as she walked over to me, as I stared blankly at the canvas and painting equipment laid in front of us.

“Dunno. It’s art. Art sucks.” Simone said, shrugging. Her long dark brown hair was tied back in a pony tail. I don’t think I’ve ever seen it any other way… she always wears it like that.

Simone dragged over a seat for herself, and another for me. No one ever thinks of me, maybe we could be friends. Maybe. Before I sat down I moved all these tubes of paint that were getting in my way. I went to move them off the easel and onto a nearby table, but I dropped one on the ground.

I reached down to pick it up but my hand touched something other than the tube of paint, something softer. I looked up and was greeted by a pair of enticing brown eyes and a head of medium length brown hair.

Oh great, it’s Megan, another person who is sure to hate my guts. But I mean, who doesn’t? She awkwardly moved her hand away from under mine, and I fucking grabbed the fucking tube of fucking paint. I’m in a swearing mood now, I don’t get why everyone doesn’t like me, I know I’m different but isn’t that a good thing?

I sat back on the fucking chair near Simone and she began talking to me. She said some pretty fucking weird things, but I’ve heard she’s like that, a bit fucking weird, naturally. Yet she had a lot of fucking friends, weird is fucking different, she’s fucking different but has friends. I’m not fucking saying I want a lot of friends, I’d just like people like Megan to give me a chance…

Anyways, now that I've got my emotions out via swearing in my head...