Status: Active/Ongoing - feedback appreciated

Fear.

Dreams Or Reality?

Bolting upright, I felt myself in a state of panic. It's not real. Look outside I told myself over and over again. The memories of the day time still fresh in my mind, slowly pushing my blanket off me I took a few cautious steps forward. The boy huddled in the corner, softly snoring, oblivious to the noises I could hear.

Another few steps.

I froze at the sound of the voices I heard earlier. The human, then the sinister voice. The language I didn't understand. Then the laugh. "Go away..." I muttered.

Three more steps. Almost there. Just whip the curtains open. It'll all be okay, you'll see. It's just my mind.. That's all it ever is. Gripping the curtains, I took a deep, yet shaky, breath. Ripping them open, I peered outside. Shock taking over me as my hands begin to shake.

Blood. Nothing but blood. Squeezing my eyes shut I count to ten. Hoping it's just my mind playing tricks on me. A loud thud in front of me, there she was. The girl called Lily. Snarling at me, smirking, speaking in tongues. "You are not real. You are not real." I yelled.

"o cara sum, sed realis"

Image


"o cara sum, sed realis" the voice whispered. I froze as it black eyes stared directly into my soul. I couldn't move, couldn't speak. I had become mute, a statue as I stared into the blackness of the thing in front of me. "You will be mine."

Without laying a hand on me, I crashed into the wall. A small whimper escaping. Darkness surrounding us as it made it's way towards me. Spitting words from it's mouth, words I couldn't understand. My body, hitting the cold floor suddenly.


Image


Looking at the girl, I couldn't figure out what were happening to me. I managed to find a spark in me, closing the curtains as fast as humanly possible. Backing away, I woke the boy. "Help me." I whispered. A bang, a crack echoing through the room. It's coming in. "You have to wake me up."

"Sian, you are awake..." he looked at me confused. I shook my head frantically. I couldn't possibly be awake. This wasn't reality. This wasn't me. A shattering sound rang through my ears. The girl, Lily, hovering in the doorway. My entire body froze as I stared at her, black taking over her eyes, a deadly smirk forming on her bloodied lips. The room becoming dark, the boy in a state of shock, frozen as well.

Image


"me autem non contradico , tibi me esse" I tried to break free of whatever hold was upon me. The fear had literally took over me, controlling me. "He will win this battle."

"Fuck you...." I managed to squeeze the two words from me.


Image


A high pitch screech echoed through my apartment. Light appearing once again, my hands clasping my ears, blocking out the sound as much as possible as I sank to the floor, screaming myself. Clenching my eyes shut, tightly as I continued my own scream. Two hands upon me, shaking me lightly. I snapped open my eyes to see TJ looking at me. Fear written all over him.

"You okay?" he asked.

"It's happening..." was all I could reply. I looked around, my balcony doors in one piece. No shattered glass, no bloody hand prints upon them. The sounds of normal life came from outside. People talking, horns honking. No screams of terror. Nothing. Just like another normal day.

"You had a bad dream. I'll get you a drink of water." he got up and went into my kitchen. I jumped up, grabbing my gun from the drawer. The second he returned, I pointed it out him. "Sian.. what's going on?"

"It's you. You're causing this. You're it." I shouted, my hands shaky. It had to be him. Everything were fine until he arrived. He's the cause of all this. My eyes stung as tears threatened to spill. My whole body began to shake. Blinking fast, I regained focus. "You're bringing it in."

In that split second, it happened again. The blackness began seeping in, his eyes changed before me. Cuts began appearing on his body, a sinister laugh coming from his lips. A nod coming from him. The gun dropped from my hands.

Image


Everything seemed to slow down, my heart raced. A loud rumbling noise came around as the thing in front of me laughed at my attempt to be forceful. Swiping its hand across me, three cuts appeared on my stomach area. My mouth opened but nothing came out. My tongue seemed tied, everything on me frozen again.

Image


"This isn't real. You are not real, I am real. You are not. Me, real. You, not real." I repeated this several times, but the darkness didn't evaporate. Screams filled the streets of outside once again, explosions going off. "You do not frighten me." I yelled, tears falling my eyes. Wiping them away, I took a step back. "You do not scare me. Leave me alone!" my voice screamed, cracked. The sinister laugh coming from the boy shook the room.

He dropped to the floor. Everything returned to normal. I curled up on the floor, bringing my knees to my chest. Whispering to myself, I had to gain control. This was a dream, I will wake up from this hell.

My dear friends, my nightmare has reached reality so it seems.
♠ ♠ ♠
So guys, this Vicky... I'm posting on behalf of Charlie (read my blog post on vickyptv to find out why) but I have a message from her:

Hey everyone, thank you to those who are being patient with me. I'm struggling to be able to update but my good friend is helping me. I am so very sorry for the delay but I'm back as such. Here's the newest update, let me know what you think! xx

Any feedback will be passed onto Charlie and I will be keeping this story running. Thank you! :)