Status: Active

Deep in My Veins

Chapter 4

Vivian stirred feeling a strange feeling in her head. Opening her eyes she found herself in an unfamiliar room. Then she rememberd going to the party and going upstairs with Shadows.

She sat up a little too fast and groaned.

"Easy." A voice said from beside her.

Her blurry vision slowly focused and settled on Shadows eyes.

"How you feeling?" He asked wiping her face with a wet cloth.

"I feel strange." She said. "Like there's a weird feeling going through me."

He chuckled. "It's probably the alcohol you've consumed."

"I didn't have much except for they glass of champagne and that glass of wine you offered me." She said setting her feet on the floor.

"The champagne and wine is fairly strong." He said. "Maybe you're stomach couldn't handle it."

"Maybe not." She said looking at the floor. "What time is it?"

"It's almost ten." He said.

"I've been out for almost an hour?" She asked getting up too fast.

Shadows grabbed her and sat her back down as she grabbed her head.

"I feel horrible like I'm coming down with something." She said.

"Do you want to spend the night here?" He asked.

She shook her head. "No I can't."

"Why not?" He asked.

"I hardly know you and it'd make me feel uncomfortable." She said.

"I don't want you to feel uncomfortable around me." He said.

"I better go then." She said slowly getting up.

"Are you sure you don't want to spend the night here?" He asked helping her up.

"I'm sure." She said. "Thank you for tonight."

"You're welcome." He said. "I wish you didn't have to go though."

"Me either." She said staring into his eyes again.

"Then don't go." He said stroking her cheek.

Vivians breath caught in her throat as he leaned down and kissed her gently.

She opened her eyes and felt her lips.

"Stay." He said kissing her knuckles.

"I have to go besides my lawyer will be calling tomorrow about finalizing the divorce." She said.

"You'll finally be free of that cheating bastard." He said.

"Hopefully." She said walking to the door and opening it.

She walked downstairs through the party goers and to the main door.

"You don't have to follow me." She said walking onto the steps.

"I want to make sure you get to your car safely." He said.

She smiled. "Thank you." She said and pressed the button.

Her car flashed and beeped. She walked over pressing the unlock button.

Shadows opened the door for her she got in.

"Thanks again for tonight and for walking me to my car." She said with a smile.

"You're welcome and I know you say you're not ready but when you are know that I'm waiting for you." He said.

"You're willing to wait for me?" She asked. "It might take me a while."

"I have all the time in the world I'm not going anywhere." He said.

"You never know when your last day is." Vivian said. "There's no such thing as immortality or a fountain of youth."

Shadows chuckled. "Let's say there is hypothetically would you take the opportunity to live forever?"

She thought about it. "I really honestly don't know what I would do." "It would be nice to live forever and never grow old but it would get boring to live forever."

"Not if you had someone to spend it with." He said looking into her eyes. "Someone you could share it with."

"Wouldn't you get tired of that person eventually?" She asked.

"Not if you have a strong connection to that person." He said. "Not if you're destined to be together and you belong together."

"Like a soulmate?" She asked.

He smiled. "Exactly." "You would never be lonely or get tired of that special someone who you're destined to be with."

She laughed lightly. "You sound like one of those old romantics."

"Is there something wrong with that?" He asked a grin forming.

"No it's just you seem to think and believe that true love still exists." She said.

"You don't believe it exists?" He asked.

She sighed. "When I was a little girl I always watched and heard stories of princesses finding their true love." "I always thought and wanted to find that someday." "I thought I found it in Jesse but I was wrong."

"And you don't believe it exists all because of one person?" He asked.

"It's just hard to find and hard to find that someone you should be with." She said.

He shook his head. "It's not hard if you feel in your heart that someone is out there."

She giggled. "How are you single?" "Other than being an old romantic you have all the qualities most women look for in a man."

"Maybe I'm single cause I was in the same situation you were." He said. "I thought she was the one but I was wrong." "But I never gave up on it and I think I found that someone tonight."

Vivians eyes widen. "Why me?"

"Cause it was meant to be Vivian." He said leaning over.

She scooted a little away.

"I'm just putting your seatbelt on." He chuckled. "Don't want you getting into an accident and not have it on."

"Oh thank you." She said nervously. "I'll see you later then."

He nodded. "You'll see me soon."

His words were strange but she simply nodded. He slowly backed up as she pulled out.

He waved as she honked her horn and drove away.

Shadows walked back into the house where he found Synyster waiting nearby with a girl on each arm.

"Well?" He asked.

Shadows grinned. "She's turning."