Captain Clutch

Chapter 24

He opened the door and gave me that wicked grin. I rolled my eyes and walked past him into his apartment. It still looked the same as it did when I was here over a year ago. I walked right into his bedroom and sat down on the bed. He came in and sat down across from me at the foot of the bed.
"Hey." Brandon said.
"Hi." I said.
"I knew you would be back." He said that wicked grin coming over his face again.
"Shut up please." I said.
"So whats wrong?" He said studying my face.
"Maxime wants me to leave and move to Philly." I said.
"Oh." Brandon said moving up beside me. I leaned my head on his shoulder.
"He got traded. But its fine. I don't want to deal with it right now. I just want to forget about everything." I said fighting back tears.
"I can help you." He said jumping off the bed and running toward the table. I looked over and saw everything from my past life there. Sitting there calling my name. I saw tin foil and white packages. My eyes lit up. Brandon turned to me. He smiled when he saw the look on my face.
"You want baby?" He asked walking back to the bed with his supplies.
"Yes." I said. He opened up a package as I gathered all the tools. He cut me a nice piece and handed it to me.
"Scissors?" I asked holding my hand out. He handed them to me. I cut my piece smaller because I knew my body couldn't handle to much at once. I got everything ready took a deep breath and lit under the tin foil. I saw the smoke start up and I inhaled. After the piece was finished I leaned back and closed my eyes. I felt the effects take over. All my worries started to slip away.
"Feel good babe?" He asked.
"Yeah." I said opening my eyes and looking at him. I did another little piece feeling much better. I heard my phone ringing in my purse on the ground. I leaned down and picked my phone out of my bag. Sidney. Shit. I answered quickly trying to compose myself even though I was completely high off my kite.
"Hello." I said into the phone.
"Hey beautiful." Sidney said.
"Whats up?" I asked looking at Brandon. His eyes were closing. Goddamn I wish I was that high.
"Just enjoying my day off. Missing my beautiful girlfriend." Sidney said.
"I miss you too." I said.
"Come over baby girl." He said. I could hear the pout in his voice.
"Sure. I'll come over soon. I'm just doing some errands." I mumbled. I felt myself slipping. I was starting to nod off.
"Are you okay?" Sidney asked sounding concerned.
"Great." I said eyes closed head falling toward my lap.
"Kayla." Sidney said trailing off.
"I'll call you later." I mumbled fumbling to hang up the phone quickly. I dropped my phone beside me and let my eyes close again.

--------------------------

I woke up a couple hours later groggy and feeling sore. My legs throbbed a bit and I groaned. I saw Brandon sitting on the couch. He smiled when he saw I was awake.
"Shit, sorry I didn't mean to fall asleep." I said sitting up and yawning.
"It's okay sweetie." Brandon said. I looked around me and saw all my tools from the activities before I fell asleep. I grabbed the tools again and cut myself another piece. I inhaled slowly. While I held my breath in I looked up and saw Brandon staring at me.
"I don't want you to leave." Brandon said.
"Please don't remind me." I said after exhaling. I leaned back and closed my eyes. My head was spinning and not in a good way. After a couple seconds and a couple deep breaths I leaned over the side of the bed and threw up. Before I even finished throwing up I felt myself go numb. Everything went black and I felt myself falling. I don't remember anything that happened after that. I just remember darkness.