Captain Clutch

Chapter 41

The press conference went better than we could have ever imagined. We go through it without getting frustrated with the press and they didn’t ask many stupid questions. I was happy when it was over because I didn’t care to be on live TV. I’m used to having a bit of media attention due to the fact that my brother is an NHL star, but I really don’t need the spotlight on me. It felt good to finally tell the world about my relationship with Sidney. I knew there might be a bit of backlash from some people, but that always happens. Sidney and I were sitting in the kitchen. He was cooking dinner and I was sitting at the bar on my laptop. I was going through twitter. Most people were happy that Sidney had found someone he seemed to care about. There were some female fans though that weren’t happy at all and they made that very clear on twitter and other social media sites. I couldn’t take some of these tweets anymore. I burst out laughing. Sidney looked up at me.
“What’s so funny?” He asked.
“Nothing.” I said biting my lip to keep from laughing harder.
“Tell me.” Sidney said frowning.
“Just some people on social media.” I said trying to brush it off. I knew how much Sidney hates social media and how much he doesn’t want me using it, but I didn’t care. He sighed.
“What are they saying?” He asked slowly, obviously trying to remain calm. I flipped through more tweets finally finding one that was truly comical.
“Well some girl said ‘Sid’s girlfriend is so ugly. God she looks like such a whore.’ Another person said ‘Crosby’s girl is such and ugly bitch, I hope she dies.’ The usual.” I said calmly. I truly wasn’t affected by these people’s comments. I was used to it from being a Talbot. People always say things about us, especially because I’m a female and my brother is famous. Somehow that makes me a whore. Even though my ex-boyfriend is a piece of shit, I was with him for many, many years. I’ve only ever been with two guys, Brandon and Sidney. Regardless these people make me laugh.
“What?” Sidney said getting even angrier than he already was. I closed my laptop realizing this wasn’t going anywhere and he was just going to be upset with me. I sighed.
“Don’t worry. It doesn’t matter. People are always going to say things.” I said getting up from my seat and moving over to where he was standing. I hugged him from behind.
“I know, but I love you and I don’t want you to be upset by what people say.” He said turning to me and pulling me close to him. He kissed the top of my head then put his chin on the top of my head.
“Babe, I love you too, but I know how to handle this type of thing. I have a brother in the NHL too.” I said.
“You’re right.” He said before going back to cooking. We didn’t talk about it again for the rest of the day. He didn’t want to bring it up and I decided it was a bad idea because he would get fired up again.

---------------------
“Beautiful, wake up.” Sidney said kissing my forehead. I pulled the blanket up over my head and groaned.
“Come on beautiful its time to get up.” Sidney said pulling the blanket down and kissing my face all over. I sighed and finally opened my eyes.
“Why?” I groaned. “Let me sleep.”
“Nope, we have a couple days off and were going away.” Sidney said getting up off the bed. I raised my eyebrow as I sat up.
“Going away?” I asked.
“Yes, pack a small suitcase.” He said going into the closet. I sat there thinking for a couple minutes before he came out of the closet with a couple pairs of jeans and some t-shirts. He put the clothes he got out of the closet into a bag sitting at the foot of the bed. I groaned again, but decided I should just get up and get dressed. I was tired and I couldn’t figure out why. I looked over at the clock. It read seven-thirty AM. No wonder I’m so tired.
“Sid.” I groaned. “Its so early.”
“Yeah I know. I have the next three days planned.” He said smiling at me. The regular season just ended and the playoffs don’t start till next week so coach gave the team a couple days off. I thought we were going to spend the next few days just hanging around the house relaxing, but obviously Sidney has other plans. I decided to just do what he asked and went into the closet and pulled out one of pink suitcases. I put it on the ground and stand up going through my clothes. I pick out a couple outfits and some cute lingerie. Then I pick out a couple different pairs of heels and throw them in on top. I zip up my suitcase and grab the matching bag for my makeup and other toiletries. I put my suitcase by the door and then go back into the closet to pick an outfit. I decide on a pair of dark wash jeans, a white tank top that hangs lower on each side with black printed flowers on it and a black leather jacket. I chose a pair of gray sway high heel boots with a buckle on the outside. I quickly changed into that and went into the washroom and pulled my hair up into a messy bun. I brushed my teeth and decided on just a small amount of makeup. Just a bit of mascara. Once I put all my toiletries into my bag I walk back into the bedroom. Sidney is nowhere to be found and our bags aren’t by the door anymore. I grab my bag off the chair on my side of the bed and my phone off the bedside table. I walk toward the door and close it behind me. I walk down the stairs to the kitchen. I throw on a pot of coffee because I know Beau will be up soon and he will be looking for it. I put the coffee on and then walk over to the bar where my laptop is still sitting. I sit down on the bar stool and open my laptop. Sidney comes into the kitchen. He stops when he sees me.
“You are breathtaking.” He said smiling at me. I giggle.
“No I’m not.” I say blushing.
“Yes, beautiful as ever my love.” He said coming over to me and giving me a kiss. I smile up at him.
“Thank you.” I said. “I’m just going to make some coffee then we can go.”
“Sure.” Sidney said heading toward the living room.
“Did someone say coffee?” Beau asked coming into the kitchen.
“Yeah. It will be ready in ten minutes.” I said logging into my email.
“Awesome.” Beau said sitting at the bar next to me. I go through my emails. I saw an email from the Penguins organization and I looked over at Beau who was looking at the screen questioningly. I wasn’t sure why they were emailing me and I was nervous to open the email. I sat staring at the screen for what felt like forever. Beau didn’t say anything. I didn’t know if I wanted to open it or not. So I just sat there, trying to think of what this email could possibly hold.
♠ ♠ ♠
Whats in the email?!?! ahaha hmmm!