Captain Clutch

Chapter 47

I walk out of my office and shut the door behind me. It’s only my first day and I’ve already gone around my office and wrote a list of things that I want to get to decorate it. I’ve also done most of my work for the day. Turns out, Social Media is where I belong. The team should be getting on the ice now for practice. I walk toward the elevator, my laptop and iPad in hand. I have to write a practice-day blog post. I stop at the first office before the corner. I knock on the open door.
“Justin, practice should be starting now.” I said.
“Coming.” Justin said grabbing a notepad and pen. He took the stuff from my hands and followed me down the hallway. We got into the elevator and went down to the dressing room area. We were talking about the practice and the upcoming game. Once we got into the dressing room I saw Sidney standing at one of the doors talking to someone. I went up behind him and tried to cover his eyes, but failed miserably. Sidney turned around smiling at me.
“Wow you’re even more beautiful than you were this morning when you left.” Sidney said leaning down to kiss me. I heard some of the guys hooting and hollering. I pulled away from Sidney and peaked around him. James was behind it all. I glared in his direction and he quickly sat down not saying another word. I looked back up to Sidney.
“Have a good practice. I’ll be watching and writing everything down.” I said giving him another quick kiss before motioning for Justin to follow me. I knew Sidney was watching me as I walked away so I swayed my hips just a little more. We set ourselves up for practice and took notes the entire time. Once practice was over Justin and I went back upstairs so we could finish the blog and get going for the day.

----------------

Sidney and I were walking down the streets of down town Pittsburgh, hand in hand. Practice had ended just a couple hours ago. I quickly finished up my work for the day, and Sidney spent some time in the weight room and getting his equipment fixed. Things are much easier now that we don’t have to hide our relationship. We are able to go out and not worry about being front page of the paper. Sure at first people were all over us because it was the top story. Media was all over us until finally a new, bigger story broke. I’m happy we don’t get bothered much by people anymore. That’s one of the reasons I love Pittsburgh so much, people don’t bother us while we’re out eating or shopping. We decided to stop at a small café to get lunch. As we stepped in the door my eyes immediately went to the corner of the room where my ex-boyfriend was sitting with a petite black haired girl. I stopped dead in my tracks pulling Sidney to a halt in front of me. Sidney’s eyes followed my gaze. All the sudden my ex looked up at me and smiled that slick half smile showing just the bottom of his teeth. His eyes were glowing. Suddenly he stood up and walked over to where Sidney and I were standing. Sidney snaked his harm around me protectively around my waist.
“Lala.” Brandon said pulling me away from Sidney and into a hug. Sidney tensed up and I could feel him glaring at Brandon. I pulled away as fast as I could.
“Don’t call me that.” I said through clenched teeth. This is the last person I want to see right now.
“Sorry.” He said flashing his wicked grin. I try to take a few calming breaths, but they come out shaky and ultimately I’m angry.
“How are you?” He asked looking me up and down.
“Fine.” I said not returning the same pleasantries.
“You look great.” He said after I don’t answer. “I’m doing wonderful. I just got out of rehab and I feel amazing.”
I roll my eyes. Of course he wants to make this about him. Self centered bastard.
“Kayla we should go.” Sidney said taking my hand and pulling me back to his side. I shake my head at Brandon. I don’t even bother saying goodbye, I just turn on my heel and let Sidney guide me out the door. We went back to the car and we didn’t say a word the entire way home. Sidney just held my hand as I sat there and thought about the past and all I could think about is how much I wanted to get high and erase him. Once we got home I got out of the car and went straight into our house. Beau was sitting on the couch in the living room. James and Geno were in the two chairs. I could hear sports centre on in the background. I took my jacket off and dropped it and my bag on the chair by the front door. I quickly walked over to the bar, my heels clicking loudly with every step I took. Sidney stood at the entrance to the living room. I could feel all the guys watching me as I took out a bottle of vodka and three shot glasses. I poured them up to the top. I took a deep breath and quickly took all three shots. I sighed before I looked up and glanced between the four guys. Geno looked proud, while James and Beau looked confused. Sidney’s face was a mixture between shocked and concerned.
“Kayla, are you alright?” Beau asked.
“I’m fine. Why?” I asked back.
“Well we’ve never seen you do shots like that.” Beau said nervously, like he was afraid I was going to snap any minute.
“Its nothing.” I said before I walked over to the couch and sat down next to Beau. I leaned against him and he wrapped his arm around me. I felt tears forming in my eyes and I knew I couldn’t stop them. Beau pulled me closer.
“Kayla.” Beau said now obviously concerned. I sighed.
“We saw Brandon.” I said wiping the tears that fell from my eyes. Sidney moved from the door to the open space next to me. Beau released me and I moved closer to Sidney. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me close. I buried my head in his chest and climbed on his lap.
“Do you want to talk about it?” James asked. I shook my head no.
“We do fun thing.” Geno said smiling at me.
“Can we go skating?” I asked looking up at Sidney smiling shyly.
“Sure, if you want to.” He said as he kissed the top of my head.
“Yay. I exclaimed as I jumped off his lap and clapped as I jumped up and down.
“You can skate?” Beau asked as he looked at me confused. I stopped and glared at Beau. Then I got an idea.
“Does it matter?” I asked as I batted my eyelashes. The guys looked between each other.
“No.” James said quickly as he leaned over to smack Beau in the arm, giving him a stern look.
“We teach.” Geno said smiling.
“Perfect.” I said.
“Go get ready.” Sidney said. I smiled and skipped off toward the stairs. Before I hit the stairs I heard Beau say: “This is going to be interesting”. The other guys laughed. I smiled to myself as I went up the stairs. This was going to be interesting, but not in the way they assumed it was going to be.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahhh the long awaited chapter!
I'm sorry to everyone I know it took so long, but my friend passed away recently from a drug overdose and its been really rough. I've been in recovery for the last 80 days.
Yes you all read that right I am 80 days Sober!!! Haha I'm 10 days away from getting my 90 day tag and I'm so happy.
I was going to wrap this story up, but I have a couple more things that need to happen first so we could see this story go longer in chapters and possibly longer physical chapters.
Many things to still come, so get ready!

Thanks again to all the people who read my story & thank you to everyone who subscribes! Love you all!!! <3