Captain Clutch

Chapter 50

I rolled over and slowly opened my eyes. I looked around the room in a bit of a panic. Sidney’s side of the bed was empty and he wasn’t in the room. I got out of bed and went into the washroom. He wasn’t in there either. After I did my morning business I went downstairs. I went into the living room. Sidney was sound asleep on the couch with a blanket over him. Beau was sitting in one of the chairs with the TV on sports centre. He was on his phone most likely on twitter. I rolled my eyes at him. He looked up at me.
“What’s with this?” I whispered.
“I don’t know. I found him like that this morning.” Beau said shrugging. I walked over to the couch and sat down where Sidney’s stomach curved. I started playing with his hair. After a couple seconds Sidney sturred, he opened his eyes slowly. As soon as he saw me a big smile came over his face.
“Morning sleepy head.” I said smiling down at him.
“Morning beautiful.” Sidney said.
“Babe, why did you sleep here?” I asked pouting.
“I just wanted to give you a bit of space.” Sidney said. I quickly glanced at Beau. He was looking at his phone, but I wasn’t sure if he was really doing anything or just trying to listen to what we were saying.
“Oh.” I said not wanting to talk about this in front of Beau. We were silent for a couple minutes. Beau stood up.
“I’m gonna go… Do something.” Beau said walking out of the room quickly. We both watched as he walked out of the room. I continued to play with Sidney’s hair.
“Are you okay?” Sidney asked.
“Yeah. I’m fine, but can we go to the drug store?” I asked.
“For what?” Sidney asked.
“I want to buy Plan B just to be safe.” I said. “Plus I want condoms for every room in the house and both our cars.”
Sidney chuckled. I tried to be serious, but after a couple seconds I was laughing.
“Stop it. I’m trying to be serious.” I said.
“I know, but you’re just so cute.” He said pulling my face down to his. He kissed me gently.
“Let’s go.” He said. I stood up and folded the blanket and placed it on the back of the couch as Sidney fixed the pillows. Once we were both done he took my hand and lead me upstairs to our bedroom. “Get dressed.”
I went into the closet and picked out a black tracksuit from Juicy Couture. I pulled it on. The pants ride low on my hips and the sweater rides high showing off part of my stomach and the small of my back. I grabbed my favourite sunglasses off the dresser and stuffed my phone in my pocket. I put on a pair of flip-flops and put the hood up. Sidney came out of the washroom and stopped. He looked me up and down.
“What?” I asked feeling a bit self-conscious.
“I never see you in flat shoes.” Sidney said.
“I just don’t feel like dressing up. I just want to go and come home. I’m tired.” I said. Sidney puts his wallet in his pocket and we go down the stairs hand in hand. I’m anxious about everything and I know I will feel better once I get a Plan B.
----------------------------

The next couple weeks of the playoffs went by very quickly. Sadly, we were eliminated by the Rangers after seven games. The guys were pretty upset about getting eliminated. Today they had to go clean out their lockers. Sidney was up already and he seemed to be moping around. I had heard some rumors of trades and I wasn’t really excited for this offseason. I was lying in bed staring at the ceiling when I heard several sets of footsteps and then the bed was moving. I looked at the three guys around me.
“Kayla what are you doing?” James asked. I looked up at him.
“Counting the dots on the ceiling.” I said sighing.
“Why?” Geno asked.
“Seems like a good idea.” I said.
“Get up and get dressed.” Beau said.
“Why?” I asked.
“Time to clean locker.” Geno said. I turned my head to look at him. He looked kind of sad. I looked at the other two guys who also looked a bit sad. I put my hand on top of Geno’s.
“Do you have to go to Russia this summer?” I asked.
“Yes.” Geno said.
“Are you sad that it’s summer?” James asked.
“Yes. Geno is going to Russia, James is going to LA and then he’s going to Whitby, and you know Beau goes back to California every summer.” I said rolling onto my stomach and burying my head in the pillow.
“Yeah, but Sidney and you are going to Montreal and to Nova Scotia. Plus everywhere else that Sidney has to go.” James said rubbing my back.
“Not for another three weeks.” I said. “You guys are all leaving this week and next week.”
“We have time.” Beau said.
“What about the trade rumors?” I said looking between the guys.
“Rumors. That’s all it is.” James said. I pushed the covers off myself and stood up. I walked across the bed and jumped off at the end. I walked into the washroom and slammed the door.
I heard Sidney come into the room.
“What’s wrong?” I heard him ask the guys.
“Who knows.” I heard James say. I washed my face and found a pair of track pants on the floor. I pulled them on and went back into the bedroom. All the guys were staring at me as I went into the closet. I closed the door behind me and started going through my clothes. I decided on a light purple tracksuit from PINK by Victoria Secret. I didn’t care about what I was going to were to the rink today because I wasn’t working. I got dressed and slipped on my flip-flops again. I grabbed my large zebra print purse and my aviator sunglasses. I grabbed a hair-tie and piled my hair on my head. I put my sunglasses on top of my head. I went back into the bedroom where the guys were all still sitting on the bed.
“Ready?” I asked.
“Yes.” Sidney said getting up first and coming over to give me a kiss.
“Let’s go.” I said. “I’m driving.” I said. Nobody objected. We all went downstairs. I grabbed the keys out of the dish by the front door and went out to the car to wait for the guys. I turned the car on and cranked the music. After a couple minutes the guys all got in. Sidney turned the music down and took hold of my hand.
“I love you beautiful.” Sidney said kissing my hand.
“I love you too.” I said smiling. The guys in the back were all talking so Sidney shifted his body so he was facing me a bit more.
“Are you okay?” He asked.
“Yeah.” I said focusing on the road.
“Are you sure?” He asked. I looked in the rearview mirror at the guys. They weren’t paying attention though.
“I just started my period.” I said. “I’m just tired.”
“Just tell me if there’s something bothering you okay?” Sidney said.
“Okay.” I said sqeezing Sidney’s hand. We got to the rink and the guys cleaned out their lockers. I helped Sidney clean out his locker and then I went up to my office to get a couple things for the week. Even though the guys had the summer off I still had to do some work. Once we were done we went back to the house. We were planning on watching some movies and ordering some food in. As we pulled into the driveway I noticed someone sitting on our front steps. We all got out of the car and walked up to the house. I smiled when I saw it was my friend Alexandra’s sister Jenny. She stood up and I jogged toward her. Before I got to her I noticed her stomach was bigger.
“Hey.” I said giving her a hug.
“Hi.” Jenny said hugging me back.
“What are you doing here?” I asked.
“I think we should talk inside. Alone.” She said looking between the guys. Sidney hadn’t said a word and he looked confused as hell.
“Guys can we have a bit of time?” I asked.
“Yeah we will call later.” James said.
“But I live here.” Beau said. I turned around and glared at him.
“Beau shut up.” James said.
“But.” Beau said. James and Geno grabbed each of Beau’s arms and pulled him toward Geno’s car. I looked at Jenny.
“Come in.” I said walking to the house. I unlocked the door and went into the house. We went into the living room and sat down. I wasn’t sure why she was here, but I was very scared. She was pretty darn pregnant and I had a pretty good idea of what was going to come out of her mouth next.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahh I actually got a chapter posted on the Captains birthday!
​Well well!

​Happy Birthday Sidney!! Wow 27 now amazing! Haha!

​So anyways ... maybe Sidney is going to have a baby, but maybe it isn't Kaylas.... uh oh.
​What's gonna happen?!

​Enjoy xoxo​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​