Captain Clutch

Chapter 51

We were all sitting in the living room Jenny was in the chair her hand on her stomach, Sidney and I were sitting on the couch. Sidney had his hand on my leg and I was fidgeting with my hands. I was so nervous about her being here. I wasn’t sure if she was about to tell me something bad or if she was just here for a friendly visit. I hoped it was a friendly visit, but I pretty much knew by the tone in her voice that it wasn’t a friendly visit.
“Can I get you a drink?” I asked, my voice coming out higher than I wanted it to. I quickly cleared my throat.
“No, I’m alright thank you.” Jenny said looking down at her stomach as she moved her hand around in circles. I looked up at Sidney and he looked down at me. He looked like there was nothing to worry about. I didn’t understand. How could he look so calm at a time like this?
“How long have you been in Pittsburgh?” I asked my voice sounding a bit more stable right now.
“I just got here yesterday.” Jenny said looking up at me now.
“Just visiting?” I asked. I think I was hoping more than anything else.
“Not really.” Jenny said. I felt my heart sink a little.
“Then why are you here?” I asked starting to get a bit annoyed. Sidney squeezed my leg.
“Sidney, I have something I need to tell you.” Jenny said turning a bit so she was facing Sidney more. “I’m having you’re baby.”
I felt the colour drain from my face. It felt like the world was spinning one hundred miles an hour and it was never going to stop. I couldn’t look at Jenny and I didn’t want to look at Sidney. I was focusing on one little spot on the rug. Surely it wasn’t his child. That would mean he cheated on me. He couldn’t have cheated on me could he have? I don’t think he could have. I wasn’t listening to the conversation Sidney and Jenny were having. I tried to judge how far along she could be. She was clearly pregnant, but no more than five months. It’s June now, which means that she got pregnant sometime in late January or early February. I stood up and ran toward the front door. I didn’t even bother listening to Sidney as he called my name. I just kept moving. I grabbed my keys out of the bowl by the door. I went out the door and went right to my car. I got in and backed out of the driveway. I saw Sidney standing at the bottom of the stairs looking nervous and trying to call for me to come back. I just kept driving until I was on the high way. I found James’ number on my phone dashboard and hit dial. The phone rang out all around me until James’ voice filled the car.
“Kayla, what’s going on?” James asked.
“I don’t have time to explain right this second. Just promise me you won’t tell Sidney I called.” I said holding my breath.
“I promise.” James said.
“Where are you guys?” I asked.
“My house.” James said sounding worried.
“I’ll be there in less than twenty.” I said.
“I’m sure you will.” James said clearly trying to lighten the mood. I let out a little defeated laugh before hanging up and stepping on the gas pedal. I needed to get to the guys quickly. I needed to find out some facts that I knew they would know.

---------------------------------

I let myself into James’ house and quickly walked through it. I walked straight into the living room and sat down on the couch between James and Beau. The three guys were quiet. I pulled James’ laptop off the coffee table onto my lap. I opened the laptop and typed in James’ password. I opened the browser and typed in Pittsburgh Penguins schedule. When I pulled it up I went back to January and scrolled to the bottom. I looked through the dates, but found nothing. I flipped to February. That’s when I saw it. The game against the Montreal Canadians, in Montreal. February 17, 2014. I took a deep breath. I looked between the three guys who were looking pretty nervous.
“I was in the hospital during this game, wasn’t I?” I asked.
“Yes.” James said looking at me confused.
“I was still unconscious?” I asked.
“Yeah.” Beau said.
“Well, the time line fits.” I said closing the laptop and putting it back on the table. I flopped back on the couch. I rubbed my eyes. This couldn’t be happening right now.
“What’s wrong Kayla?” James asked. I took a deep breath and tried to choose my words carefully.
“You know that girl on the porch?” I asked. All three guys nodded. “Well she’s pregnant, and apparently Sidney is the father.”
The three guys were silent. I fiddled with my hands.
“Are you sure?” James asked.
“No, but it seems like the time line fits and I wasn’t around last time you guys went to Montreal.” I said.
“Its not Sidney’s baby, he would never cheat on you.” Beau said.
“Sidney good guy.” Geno said.
“One of my brother’s friends saw him with her in Montreal.” I said looking down at my lap.
“Are you sure?” Beau asked. I looked up at Beau.
“My friend described her to a tee.” I said feeling the tears welling up in my eyes.
“Maybe it wasn’t her.” James said.
“Even if it wasn’t why didn’t he tell me that he was with a girl in Montreal.” I said.
“Maybe he didn’t think anything of it.” James said. “Don’t judge him for that, he might have forgot. Remember you didn’t wake up for another week or so.”
“You’re right, but I need some time to think.” I said.
“Rightfully so.” Beau said.
“Can I stay with one of you tonight?” I asked looking between Geno and James.
“You’re welcome here anytime you want Kayla.” James said.
“Me too.” Geno said.
“Thanks guys.” I said smiling. I flopped back against the back of the couch. I wasn’t sure what was going to happen with this baby, but I really hoped it wasn’t Sidney’s. It would be heartbreaking after just losing a baby.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahhh the drama continues!!!

Is it Sidney's baby?????

Enjoy xoxo