Captain Clutch

Chapter 52

I woke up in an unfamiliar room. I rubbed my eyes before I looked around. Right I was at James’, in his guest room. I rolled over to the left nightstand where my phone was sitting. I had forty-six missed calls, thirty-six voicemails and twenty-two text messages. I dropped my phone on the bed beside me and sighed. I let my arm drop over my closed eyes. After a couple minutes I heard a small knock on the door.
“Come in.” I said loudly. The door opened slightly and James stuck his head in.
“Hey, are you alright?” James asked opening the door a bit more.
“Yeah, I’m fine.” I said sitting up. “Come in if you want.” I said patting the bed next to me. James opened the door more and walked over to the bed. He sat down at the edge and turned toward me.
“Do you want to talk?” James asked. I didn’t answer right away. I just stared at my hands. “If you don’t want to talk, I can come back later.”
“I’m just not sure what’s going to happen and I’m scared.” I said looking up at James.
“There is no way it’s his baby.” James said. “He would never cheat on you.”
“I hope he wouldn’t.” I said.
“Sidney is not Brandon.” James said. I looked back down at my hands and I felt a tear slip down my cheek.
“Its hard to trust someone after you get treated the way I did.” I said. James reached over and took my hand.
“You can stay here as long as you need to.” James said.
“Thanks.” I said. “Do you mind driving me to get some clothes?”
“Sure, let me know when.” James said letting go of my hand. He stood up and left the room. I didn’t move for a couple minutes. I just sat there looking at the door James had just exited. After a couple minutes I got off the bed and went to the washroom. I was in my panties and one of James’ shirts. I went back into the bedroom and changed into my clothes from the previous day. I grabbed my phone off the bed and tucked it in my pants. I quickly made the bed and I folded James’ shirt over my arm. I left the room and went downstairs to the kitchen where James was sitting drinking coffee at the table.
“Ready?” I asked.
“Anytime.” James said.
“I’d like to get this over with, and come back to take a shower.” I said.
“Let’s go then.” James said. He got up and I followed him to the car. We drove in silence to the house. Once we got there I just sat in the car staring at the house. After a couple minutes I got out and walked toward the house. I went up the steps and unlocked the door. I tried to be as quiet as possible. As I walked toward the stairs I saw Sidney lying on the couch asleep. I snuck over to him and pulled the blanket from the top of the couch over him. I snuck upstairs and into the closet. I stood up on my tippy toes and pulled on a suitcase. I pulled it down and I landed on my ass.
“Ouch. Shit.” I said as the suitcase came crashing down on top of me. After a couple minutes I heard footsteps running up the stairs two at a time. Shit I had woken Sidney up.
“Shit Kayla. You scared the crap out of me.” Sidney said helping me up.
“Sorry.” I mumbled. I picked the suitcase up.
“Are you okay?” Sidney asked taking the suitcase into the bedroom. I followed him into the bedroom.
“Yeah I’m fine.” I said. Sidney was silent for a couple minutes. He ran his hand through his hair nervously as he passed back and forth. I stood there awkwardly.
“Please don’t leave.” Sidney said.
“I have to.” I said. “I need some time.”
“I didn’t do anything.” Sidney said stopping and looking at me.
“Are you sure?” I asked. I didn’t wait for an answer I just went into the closet and grabbed a bunch of clothes out of the closet. I walked with them back to the bed and dumped the clothes into the suitcase.
“God Kayla, how can you not trust me?” Sidney said. “I love you so much.”
“I love you too.” I said. “And if you seriously love me, you will give me time.”
“Kayla…” Sidney said. I turned back toward him.
“Were you with her?” I asked.
“When?” Sidney asked looking at me confused.
“February 17th. The last time you were in Montreal when I was in the hospital.” I said. Sidney didn’t say anything, but his eyes did. I shock my head.
“You don’t even have to say anything, I already know the answer.” I said. “Someone told me you guys were together.”
“Kayla…” Sidney started.
“Did you sleep with her?” I yelled.
“No I didn’t.” He said. “Why would I?”
“I don’t know. Maybe because I was in a coma, and she is your ex.” I said. “Maybe it’s because she’s beautiful.”
“You are the most beautiful girl in the world and I would never cheat on you.” Sidney said. “Why don’t you believe me?”
“Seriously?” I asked.
“Yes seriously.” Sidney said.
“You’re ex girlfriend shows up on our porch, pregnant and you’re asking me why I don’t believe you?” I asked.
“Yeah I am.” Sidney said.
“Well you shouldn’t be.” I said. “I’m staying with James for a couple days.”
“Kayla, please stay.” Sidney said.
“No.” I said. “Stop asking.”
“What can I do to make this better?” Sidney asked.
“Just tell me the truth.” I said. “Its pretty simple.”
“Fine.” Sidney said.
“So you did sleep with her.” I said.
“No, but I did see her.” He said.
“Why didn’t you tell me?” I asked.
“I forgot. There was so much going on around that time it just slipped my mind.” He said.
“So you met with her and then you slept with her. Now she’s pregnant.” I said.
“Not true.” He said.
“Can we talk about this later? I have things to do.” I said getting more clothes then closing up my suitcase. I went into the washroom and got my toiletries. I pulled my suitcase off the bed and dragged it toward the door. I went downstairs with Sidney behind me.
“Kayla.” He said.
“Later.” I said. I went out the door to the car. Sidney stood in the doorway staring at me. I put my bag in the car and then I hopped in the front seat.
“Just drive.” I said to James before he could say a word to me. I didn’t feel like talking about it. I just needed time to process before I could even begin to talk to someone about what was going on. I wasn’t sure what I was going to do and if I believed a word he said. I needed to spend some time away from Sidney so that I didn’t say something I would regret.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hmmmmmmmmmm whats gonna happen?!?!

enjoy xoxo