Captain Clutch

Chapter 55

After answering what felt like a million questions from the half of the team that was piled into James’ living room I excused myself to take a quick washroom break. When I came out of the washroom I went downstairs. Most of the guys had left by now. The only guys who were left were Sidney, James, Beau, and Geno. Their eyes all followed me as I walked across the room to a big armchair. I sat down and didn’t say a word. I looked around the room nervously. I wasn’t in the mood to fight and all I wanted to do was go home and take a nice long relaxing bath, but I knew that wouldn’t happen for a little bit.
“Where were you?” Beau asked studying my face.
“I was with a friend.” I said.
“Who?” James asked looking more pissed off than ever.
“It’s none of your business. Three out of the four guys in this room are not my boyfriend, and the only one who needs to know is that boyfriend.” I said.
“Then talk to me.” Sidney said. I sighed.
“Let’s talk.” I said.
“You want to talk now?” He said.
“Can we talk at home?” I asked. “I don’t want an audience.”
“Then lets go.” He said. “I’ll drive.”
“Uh no, I will meet you there.” I said.
“Are you sure you will make it there?” He asked.
“Are we talking about trust here?” I countered. Sidney didn’t answer he just ran his hand through his hair. “I’ll get my bags and meet you at home.”
“Fine.” He said. I got off the chair and went upstairs to the guest room. I locked the door behind me. I gathered up my stuff and put it in the suitcases. I set myself up a hit before getting my bags and taking them out to the living room. James helped me carry my bags to the car.
“Are you okay?” He asked. He seemed softer now, like he wasn’t as upset anymore. I nodded. “Please don’t be mad at me.”
“I’m not.” I sighted. “I know you were worried, but I’m an adult and you need to have a little bit of trust in me.”
“I know, but you worry me and I don’t need you to be running off and turning your phone off all night.” James said. “Not with everything that’s going on.”
“I know I should have called you. I’m sorry.” I said.
“Just promise me you will give him a chance. He loves you and he’s a good guy.” James said.
“I know. I have to face it sometime so I guess the present is the best time.” I said.
“Go.” James said pulling me in for a quick hug. I walked around my car and got in. I waved to James as I drove off. I rolled down the windows, opened the sunroof and turned the music up really loud. For the next thirty minutes I didn’t want to think about anything at all.

------------------------------------------

When I got back to the house Sidney was pacing back and forth in the living room, running his hands through his hair nervously. He smiled as he saw me. I couldn’t help, but smile as well. I didn’t want to fight and I didn’t want to hurt anymore. I just wanted to get everything out on the table, that way we could just move on and hopefully everything would work out in the end, even if it turned out to be his baby. We would cross that road once we got to it. I dropped my purse on the ground by the living room entrance and ran over to Sidney. He picked me up and I wrapped my legs around his hips and my arms around his neck.
“I’m sorry.” I said. “And I love you.”
“I love you too, and I’m sorry as well.” Sidney said. I kissed him like I hadn’t seen him in months. I missed his soft lips. I was ready to hear what he had to say and figure things out with him.
“That’s a nice welcoming.” He said. He let me down and pulled me in close to him. I buried my face in his chest. I inhaled deeply taking in his scent.
“I missed you.” I said.
“I missed you too.” He said.
“We should talk though.” I said pulling away a little bit.
“We should.” He said. He lead me over to the couch and sat down. I sat down on his lap.
“Tell me why you were with her in February.” I said. He sighed and looked at the ground. “Sidney this is where we are going to be honest.”
“She called me right before we went to Montreal, she wanted to see me while I was in Montreal.” He said. I didn’t speak I just let him talk. “I agreed to meet her, just to talk. That’s all we did was talk.”
“What did you talk about?” I asked.
“She said she missed me and she wanted to be with me.” He said. I nodded trying to take in what he was saying. After a couple seconds of silence I broke it.
“What did you say?” I asked. He looked me in the eye.
“I told her it was over between me and her. I told her that I love you and that wasn’t going to change. I told her that I found the girl that I want to spend the rest of my life with. She was never going to change that.” He said. I smiled.
“I love you too.” I said. “Is that all?”
“Yeah, she was pretty mad, but I didn’t care.” He said.
“That’s all that happened?” I asked.
“Yeah we even met in a public place. We were never alone, I promise you that.” He said. I didn’t answer for a couple minutes. I jumped to conclusions. I should have talked to him. I was just so scared that he would end up with this girl or even fathering her child, but I have to trust that he isn’t lying to me. I took a deep breath before answering.
“I believe you.” I said.
“Really?” He asked.
“Yes, why would you lie to me?” I asked.
“I’m sorry I didn’t tell you.” He said. “I honestly forgot about it, I was to busy thinking about the most beautiful girl in the world.”
“Understandable.” I said. We both started laughing.
“So where were you last night?” He asked. “You had everyone pretty worried about you.”
“James over reacts about everything.” I said rolling my eyes.
“That’s true.” Sidney said.
“I went to Brandon’s.” I said closing my eyes.
“Oh.” He said.
“Please don’t be mad at me. He’s one of the only people I could really talk to about this.” I said.
“Why do you think that?” He asked.
“He isn’t your friend.” I said. “He isn’t going to tell me to believe you because you love me.”
“And that’s a good thing?” He asked.
“Well he’s the reason I’m here talking to you now.” I said.
“Really?” Sidney asked sounding surprised.
“Yeah, he told me to talk to you.” I said.
“That’s surprising.” He said.
“He also told me he loves me.” I said covering my face.
“Of course he did.” Sidney said.
“He knows that I’m not going anywhere, that I’m going to stick it out with you and that we are going to figure things out as we go.” I said.
“We are?” He asked. He couldn’t hold back his smile it was beaming on his face.
“Yes we are. I realized I love you and I will do anything to keep you in my life.” I said.
“As much as I hate Brandon, he actually did something good for us.” He said.
“Yes I agree.” I said smiling. I gave him a quick kiss.
“I’ll get your bags from the car.” Sidney said.
“Sounds like a plan. I think I’m going to take a nice hot bath.” I said.
“Alright.” Sidney said. I got off his lap and grabbed my purse before heading up to the bedroom. I went into the washroom and turned on the bathtub. I got out my supplies. I quickly locked the door and set up a nice hit for myself. As the tub filled up I took my hit. I was feeling pretty good by now. I felt myself slipping in and out of consciousness. After a couple minutes of nodding off I shook off my sleep. I poured a bit of bubble bath into the tub. As it continued to fill up I stripped my clothes off and stepped into the tub. I set myself up another little hit. I slipped from consciousness again. This time a little longer. I woke up for long enough to turn the tub off.

-----------------------------------

I guess I slipped out of consciousness for a little longer than I thought I had since I woke up with a start because Sidney was screaming my name and knocking on the door. I rubbed my eyes and looked around the room.
“KAYLA, ARE YOU OKAY?” Sidney screamed from the other side of the door.
“Shit, yeah sorry.” I said. “Give me a minute.”
“WHAT’S GOING ON?” He yelled.
“Nothing just one minute.” I said. I got out of the tub and stashed my supplies. I took out my iPod and put it on the counter. I wrapped myself in a towel before opening the door.
“What’s happening in here?” Sidney asked coming into the washroom.
“I was listening to my music.” I said. “Sorry.”
“You had me worried.” He said. “Are you sure that’s all?”
“Yeah, I just wanted to relax for a bit. I had a stressful couple days.” I said giving Sidney a kiss on the cheek before drying myself off. I dropped the towel and put on my robe. I noticed Sidney checking me out.
“Like what you see?” I asked.
“Always.” He said. I shook my head. I picked my purse up from off the ground and went into the bedroom. I tucked it under my side of the bed. Sidney came up behind me and pushed up against me. I could feel his hard on.
“You going to use that on me?” I asked. He kissed my neck and pulled open the top of my robe.
“I missed these.” He said pushing together my breasts.
“They are all yours.” I said.
“Good.” He said. He turned me around and undid my robe fully. He pushed me down on the bed and spread my legs open. He kissed my inner thighs. He continued until he got to my intimate area. He moved his tongue and fingers around. The pleasure was insane. I was moving under him trying to keep still. After a couple minutes I felt myself melt under him. He moved up onto the bed next to me. He wrapped his arms around me and I curled up against his side, my head on his chest. We fell asleep in that position and I felt safe in his arms.