Can You Fix the Broken?

Ch 7

Jack followed Alex down the stairs and into the kitchen. His mom was unpacking the groceries while his dad was starting a pot of tea.

"Hi mom and dad!"

His mom and dad looked up, "Hi sweetheart! Oh hello who is this?"

Alex gestured behind him to a shy Jack, standing awkwardly by the doorframe. "This is my friend Jack. I invited him to spend the night. Is that cool?"

Alex's mom smile was blinding. "Of course! Any chance to meet one of your friends!"

She rushed over, opening her arms for a hug but Alex stopped her. She stopped, looking confused.

"Jack's not a hugger mom."

She looked taken aback. Jack stepped out from behind Alex and gave Mrs. Gaskarth a sheepish smile.

"Its nice to meet you ma'am. Thank you for letting me stay." His soft polite voice seemed to please her.

"Its no problem dear. Are you hungry?"

He shook his head. Alex spoke, "We ate at Jack's house."

She nodded, "Okay well if you need anything don't hesitate to ask."

Mr. Gaskarth slipped a hand around his wife's waist. "Our room is down the hall. Don't let Alex pressure you into anything."

Alex rolled his eyes, "Dad you know I'm an angel."

The Gaskarths shared a secret laugh together while Jack just smiled. Alex noticed Jack's discomfort and escorted him back to his room, calling a goodnight to his parents.

Once they were inside Alex closed the door and locked it, turning around to see Jack sitting on his bed. HE tried to shake the thoughts that invaded his mind of all the things he wanted to do with him.

Instead he took a deep breath and sat in the desk chair, leaning his elbows on his knees.

"So what do you want to do?"

Jack only shrugged. "There has to be something you want to do...."

Again, he got a shrug. "Its your house, I'm cool with whatever."

Alex raised his eyebrows. "Careful what you wish for."

He got up and went over to Jack. HE straddled him and leaned down to kiss him. Jack turned his head and closed his eyes.

"Please don't."

Alex pulled back. "Why not?"

Jack shifted uncomfortably. "Please Alex."

Alex got up but didn't go far, instead settling on his bed, next to Jack. "Why not Jack? You were fine not even an hour ago. What changed?"

Jack bit his lip. He didn't want to tell Alex, not yet, he couldn't even come to terms with what happened yet. He looked at Alex, who was patiently watching him and sighed.

"Its just too much okay? I don't come with a manual I cant tell you when I can deal with affection and when I cant. I'm sorry, you deserve better."

Alex shook his head and gently took his hand. "You're worth the wait."

Jack looked away, "No I'm not. Trust me on this. I-"

Before he could finish, Alex put his hand over his mouth. "Listen to me, You are funny when you decide to speak, you're so smart and very attractive. I want to help you, I want to know you, I'm not leaving you anytime soon so stop. I'm not going anywhere."

Jack's eyes teared up. No one had ever made him feel worth anything. No one made him feel so wanted and special. No one until Alex. He nodded and pulled Alex's hand from his face.

"I know what I want to do."

Alex's eyes lit up like a Christmas tree. "What is it?"

"Can we watch a movie and..." He was hesitant to finish his statement, suddenly unsure of his decision.

"And what Jack?"

Jack fiddled with the thread on the bed sheet, "Cuddle?"

Alex's smile was priceless. Jack could get used to causing that. "Sure! You can change while I go find a movie."

He left the room and Jack changed into PJs. He climbed back into the bed and under the covers. He curled into a little ball by reflex and waited for Alex to join him.

Alex came bounding into the room and held up a case. "I hope you like Harry Potter!"

Jack only smiled and patted the bed. Alex held up one finger, "Let me get changed."

Jack's eyes widened. Alex winked and took off his shirt then his pants so he was down to his boxers. Jack's heart rate picked up as the other boy walked over to him after pressing play.

Alex caught his facial expression and smirked, "I sleep in my underwear sorry."

He crawled into bed close, but not quite touching Jack. He directed his eyes toward the screen as the opening credits started. Jack realized he was waiting for him to make the first move, giving him complete control. He was grateful for the understanding Alex showed.

Jack scooted over so he was curled against the older boy. Alex smiled and put his arm around Jack's body, securing him safely to his side. He then took a leap of faith and kissed the top of his head, taking in his scent.

The boys continued their night watching the movie and talking well into the night. When Jack drifted into sleep, he wore a smile. Finally, he could sleep in peace.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I went MIA school has been killing me. I'll try to make it up to you guys >.<