Status: Um... Comment? :3

Counting Stars

Hurt

Chapter Four:

Hurt.

Tessa's P.O.V.

Barging into my room, with her hot curlers in her hair. My mom put her hands on her hips as she walked gracefully over to my bed. I closed my laptop and sat it next to me, wondering what she could possibly want at 11 o’clock at night. My mom made her way across my room, and sat on my bed.

“One of my coworkers has a daughter, and I’m letting her move in.” Her blue eyes scanned over me and over my pale pink comforter. Of course it was something she had picked out for me. Personally, I love the color blue; it’s probably my favorite.

“Um… Why?” I kicked the covers off of me, to expose my extremely childish hello kitty pajamas.

“Because she’s going out of town for three months.” My mom crossed her legs in her tiny pathetic robe she was supporting. It made her look like a hooker, but I suppose she thought it’d make her look attractive – when in all reality it was too indecent.

“Okay… So who’s room is this girl staying in?” I move my blanket off my legs to expose my pale white legs in my hot pink hello kitty shorts.

“Yours. She’ll be sharing a room with you, since we don’t have any extra rooms and you’re both girls. So I need to have your bed moved over and put another bed in. Until then she’ll be sleeping on the couch.”

“Uh—“Great, just what I needed was to have to share my room with some random girl I don’t even know. It’s not fair. “When is this girl moving in?” My mom made it sound like she was moving in this very second. Hopefully it won’t be for like a month, so I have time to prepare myself.

“Tomorrow.” My mom gets up from my bed and heads to the door.

“You’re joking right?” Please tell me she’s joking, seriously. I don’t want to share my room.

“Nope.” My mom is turned around, leaning against my door frame.

“Shouldn’t she wait until she transfers to my school?” This daughter of my mom’s coworker has to go to a different school, doesn’t she?

“She already goes to your school, so there’s no need to wait.” My mom walks right out of my room. “Goodnight Tessa.” She closes the door behind her and I climb back into bed.

Just great.

Rubbing my eyes open, I felt weight crushing the bottom half of me. Which was starting to really hurt and become inevitable to ignore any longer. I opened my eyes lightly, peeking a bit to only see that same girl who dragged me around school on my first day sitting on my lap. At first I didn’t notice that it was her, because she usually looks like a rebel but today she was supporting two pig tails and her brown eyes were narrowing on my face – looking quite seductive. She suddenly bent over me, her arms holding her up were placed on both sides next to my head.

“Your mom told me to wake you up.” Her face was inches away from mine. I could smell the faint sent of toothpaste coming off her lips and it was like she was about to kiss me. I didn’t even know her name. I don’t want her to kiss me, it’d be my first kiss.

“Alex. Tessa.” We both turn our heads to see my mom in the door way, patting her cheap-black-stilettos on the floor, “Lunch is ready.” In a swift turn of her legs, my mom stood very still. “Oh and Alex, get off of my daughter. What you’re doing is really indecent.” After having said that, my mom walked away.

Alex, so that must be her name. “Okay…” I looked to Alex. “Can you get off of me now?” I asked, trying not to sound too diffident. I didn’t want Alex to think of me as too pathetic. What if I seem so pathetic or weak that she’ll try to kiss me? I’m not prey, and even though she prays after other girls, I don’t want her to hunt me.

“Sure. Sorry.” She quickly got off of me and sat on the edge of my bed.

In all honestly, I’m surprised to see Alex obeying because at school she doesn’t seem like the type to listen to others. Though she also isn’t dressed in something fitting for her normal ‘bad-girl’ reputation. Worn-out jeans and a plain white T-shirt can only be so intimidating, I hope she knows. It’s also really weird seeing her in a pair of flats and not her boots I’ve seen her wear. I didn’t know she owned any other shoes or clothing other than leather.

I threw my covers off of me and kicked Alex in the back, causing her to fall off my bed. “Ow! What was that for?” She turned around, looking at me like I had hurt her.

I only had kicked Alex because it was the only chance I could imagine of ever getting to get revenge. “My mom is going to think I’m gay now!” I got up out of bed, to stand to face her, sadly, Alex happened to be a taller than me by quite a bit. It made her a bit intimidating.

Alex narrowed her eyes at me in annoyance. “Do you have a problem with me ‘coz I’m gay?” It was like she was trying to smolder me with just her eyes, because she made it hard for me to breathe just from looking into them.

“N-no. I don’t have a problem with gays.” I really just rather not be considered as one of them. I like guy’s, I’ve had boyfriends. Like Adam and Greg, but I’ve never kissed them.

“Good.” She shrugged and walked out of my room.

She’s not mad is she? I kind of feel like she’s mad at me. Wait, no, that feeling is dread. I gulp and make my way into my closet. I need to get ready for the day; because I guess I need to make my room suitable for both me and Alex to live in together. Even if I’d rather not live in the same room as her.

Making my way downstairs, after having changed into a pair of jeans. Rico pulled me from the ugly-yellow hallway that reminded me of a sunflower. Like seriously, the top of the walls were painted this bright ugly yellow and the bottom of the walls were made with dark wood panels. Seriously whoever made this hallway had to be imagining a sunflower. Rico pulled me from the hallway and to James room, who was pacing back and forth. They both look like they’re lost in thought, Rico and James. James had his hands on his cheek, scratching, and Rico leaned against the wall with his arms crossed.

I folded my arms and continued to look between my brothers who were making me way too uncomfortable. “What did you drag me in here for?”

“Why is she here?” James asked, he paused – stopping his feet and turned towards me.

“She who?” I asked, usually by now they’d have kicked me out or called me a bunch of horrid names so it’s strange to see them act this way towards me.

“She, Alex, the girl who’s moving in.” James asked, pointing towards the door. He had an attitude about the way he talked, making him come off as angry. But I think he was really just nervous.

“She’s moving in? Didn’t mom tell you?” I’m surprised that they’re asking me this stupid question, usually mom informs them of stuff before me – since she likes them better.

“That’s the girl who’s moving in?” James asked, his eyes meeting mine.

“Yeah.” James is acting really weird, and so is Rico. I exit the room and actually make my way downstairs now – nearly tripping on the last step. I hate my feet.

Alex is laying on the couch, some lady is in the kitchen talking with my mother. Alex was just flipping through channels. I walked past her view and went to where she had her feet resting on the couch. “Can you move your feet please?” I ask, pretty much pleading her. I was afraid she’d attack me right then and there.

She eyed me suspiciously. “Only if you kiss me.” She blurted out in a teasing way.

Sighing, I put a hand on my hip and leaned closer to one side. “Never mind.” I murmured and scurried out of the room.

She grabbed my wrist and I spun around, feeling like a ballerina. She had me pinned against the wall in a matter of seconds, my hands held captive above my head and her knee was placed between my thighs. Her face was way too close for comfort. I could see all the little imperfections in her face. Like a tiny little scar underneath her left eye. I’ve never noticed the scar before until now, but then again, I haven’t been this close to her other than this morning. And this morning, I wasn’t awake enough to see clearly.

“Why are you doing this?” I felt my face heat up as her knee inched further up my thigh.

“I want to kiss you.” She spoke in a hushed tone, her free hand found my chin and she played with it, letting her finger run along it as her brown eyes looked into mine.

“S-stop.” I felt my nether lip shake as I stutter.

“But I don’t want to, you’re so cute.” Her smirk kind of disgusted me. It was like I was some kind of toy she could play with and ditch. I wonder if she was like that kind of girl, the one my friends at school said she was.

As Alex’s face and lips inched closer to mine, her knee was now rubbing against my crotch and I wanted to make her stop. “N-no!” I squeezed my eyes shut and cried out loud as possible.

“Alexandria Rose!” I heard someone shout.

Alex pulled away, chuckling like it was perfectly normal to have done that to someone. She really was quite twisted, wasn’t she? “Sorry, sorry. She just is so cute.” She looked back at me, smirking.

Alex was really attractive, if I do say so myself. But am I attracted to her? No, because I’m straight. I’m attracted to boys not girls. If I was attracted to girls my mother would surely have my head, being gay is unthinkable and shameful to her.

“Don’t ruin your chances of living here. Please.” The woman pleaded with Alex.

“Yes, mother.” Alex replied in an obedient manor.

“If your daughter kisses my daughter, I’ll kick her out. Being gay is wrong.” My mom told the other woman, which I’m now assuming is Alex’s mother since she had called her that only moments before.

“Of course it’s shameful; Alex needs to learn some self-control. I raised her to be a lady, not some barbarian.” Alex’s mom had her head held high and looked at Alex with a disgusting look on her face. Her nose was even all wrinkled like there was a vile smell around.

In return to her mother’s look, Alex sent her this dead expression – and I could tell now she was really hurt. Like about to cry hurt. “Of course it’s bad that I’m gay.” She held her hands up and walked out the front door.

I kind of felt bad for and wanted to chase after her.