Status: Active

Seeing Is Believing

Chapter 3

The next morning, I was the first on up. I shimmied out of Jack’s grip, and replaced myself with my pillow. I tip-toed through the apartment, passing Merritt’s room, hearing him snore loudly. I giggled and walked to the kitchen.

I made coffee first, then I pulled out the eggs and milk, along with pancake mix, sausage and bacon. I began cracking the eggs open, adding them in a bowl. I poured some milk in the eggs and added pepper and salt. After whisking the eggs, I prepared the pancake mix in another bowl, adding some milk as well. After stirring the pancake mix with the milk, I started opening the sausage and bacon.

I turned the stove on, putting the bacon and sausage on first. Minutes later, the sausage and bacon was finished. I laid them on a plate with a napkin to drain the grease. I, then, cleaned the pan and done the pancakes, leaving the eggs for last. After cooking the pancakes, I took them up and put them on a separate plate, then started on the eggs.

As the eggs cooked, I poured everyone some coffee and set the table. I walked back over to the eggs and started raking through them, making them scramble. I felt arms go around my waist, and a chin rest on my shoulder.

“It smells so good, babe.” Jack said sleepily. I smiled and looked back at him, kissing the corner of his mouth.

“Good, go wake Snores up and the lovebirds.” I said, turning back to the eggs.

“Yes ma’am.” He said, walking out the kitchen and to their rooms. It wasn’t but seconds later, the three emerged from their rooms. Everyone sat at the table, as I fixed their plates. I grabbed the syrup from the pantry and set it on the table.

“This smells delicious, Jonna.” Henley said, drinking some coffee.

“Thanks, I just hope it tastes good.” I said, adding hazelnut creamer and sugar in my coffee.

“If it was anything like last night, then it will be.” Merritt piped up. I smiled.

“I hope so.” I said, watching everyone take a bite of their food. Henley, Daniel and Jack moaned loudly as they chewed. I furrowed my eyebrows, looking at them. Merritt groaned, nodding his head.

“The hell is wrong with yal?” I asked, looking at them.

“It’s so fucking amazing!” Daniel moaned out, eating his pancakes. I giggled, as watched as they all agreed.

“This is better than my mama’s cooking!” Merritt exclaimed, shoveling the breakfast in his mouth.

“Well, thank you.” I said, then started to eat. I had to admit, it was pretty damn good.

“So, since we didn’t get to know each other more last night, how bout we start now?” Henley asked, looking at everyone.

“No, lets finish eating, then we’ll talk.” Jack spoke, taking another bite. Daniel and Merritt nodded, agreeing with him. It wasn’t long until we finished our food. I washed the dishes quickly, then grabbed my coffee and walked to the living room. I sat on the love seat with Jack, while Merritt, Daniel and Henley took the couch.

“So, Jonna, tell us about yourself.” Henley said.

“Okay, well my name is Jonna Shaw. My father was a famous Mentalist, his name was Steve Shaw. My grandpa was Steven Shaw, a famous Illusionist, and my grandma was Elsa Shaw, a famous Escapist. My mother was a psychic, which is how I know all about the history of The Eye of Horus. I’m 23, and I’ve grew up in Georgia, but I moved to Brooklyn when I was 16.” I said, looking at the three in front of me.

“So how did you get into magic?” Daniel asked, sitting up.

“I’ve always been into magic. My grandpa showed me this card trick when I was little, and I thought it was the most amazing thing ever. I tried and tried the trick, but I never could quite get it. One day, I kept on and I kind of tweaked it, making it my own. That’s where it all started.” I replied, looking at him. He nodded and sat back down into the couch, “I specialize in Mentalism, Illusions, Escaping, Sleight of Hand, but my all-time favorite is Paradigm Shifting. I love it.”

“What is Paradigm Shifting?” Henley asked, furrowing her eyebrows.

“Paradigm Shifting is when I have you to think of an animal, while you look into my eyes, I channel your thoughts into mine, and I can turn into that animal. Any anyone around you can see what I’ve become.” I said, with a smile.

“That’s amazing! I want to see that later!” Henley exclaimed, I giggled and nodded.

“Okay, that works for me, Hen.” I smiled.

“And do you what happened with your dad?” Merritt asked, I looked at him and nodded.

“Yeah, he was coming home one day, and ended up getting in a wreck on the Brooklyn Bridge. Some say that after the car blew up, it burned him so bad, he was nothing but ash.” I stated, biting my lip. Jack wrapped his arm around me and hugged me tightly to him.

“I hate that happened, you couldn’t have found a better man to work with.” Merritt said, giving me a small smile.

“I appreciate that, Merritt, thank you.” I said, wholeheartedly.

“So, Daniel, tell us about you.” Henley said, looking at him.

“Well, I am from LA, in 28. I’m an Illusionist, I always loved magic. I’ve been doing it for about 18 years.” He said, looking at Jack and I. I nodded and smiled.

“That’s all?” I asked, furrowing my eyebrows. He nodded.

“I’m not that much of an exciting person.” He said, making Henley giggle.

“Henley what about you?” I asked, looking at her. She cleared her throat.

“I’m 29, I’ve been Danny’s assistant for over eight years. I’m originally from Chicago, then moved to LA when I was 17. I’ve always liked magic, it just felt apart of me.” She said, I nodded.

“I agree, it feels like home.” I added, she nodded.

“Merritt?” Henley asked.

“Oh yeah, I’m 43, from New Orleans, and I’ve been doing magic way before you kids came along. I worked with Jonna’s dad for ten of my years. Great man, I wished you three could’ve met him.” Merritt said, closing his statement. I smiled and mouthed a simple ‘Thank You’.

“And Jack, tell us about you.” Henley said. I nodded and looked up at him.

“Yeah, Jack!” I exclaimed, he rolled his eyes and sighed.

“I’m 25, I’m originally from Brooklyn. I didn’t have the best life growing up, I was always in trouble, my mom was always drugged or selling her body for dope.” He said, with no emotion. I bit my lip and looked at the three in front of us.

“Holy shit.” Daniel said, making me wince.

“It’s no big deal, I got over it.” Jack said, shrugging it off.

“So, what do you guys want to do today other than read up on our lessons?” Henley asked.

“I’m gonna go take a nap for about an hour. Then, I’m gonna shower and all that, then continue where I left off yesterday. There’s got to be something I’m not seeing.” I said, getting up.

“How about we all go back to sleep for an hour or so? Then, we’ll start on the reading.” Merritt proposed. I nodded and held my hand out for Jack. He took it, and stood up. He and I walked into our bedroom and laid on the bed.

“Are you okay?” I asked, running my hand over his cheek. I turned his head and kissed the inside of my palm.

“Yeah, I am, why?” He wondered, making me shrug.

“You protect me, and make sure I’m okay, and here I am never asking you once if you were alright.” I said, biting my lip. He shook his head and inched his face closer to mine.

“I’m absolutely fine, sweetheart. I’m the guy, I’m supposed to protect you and make sure you’re okay.” He said, before laying his lips on mine. I smiled into the kiss, as he pulled me closer. He laid on his back, pulling me on top of him.

His hand trailed down my hips, squeezing gently. I moaned softly, tugging his hair. He moaned into my mouth, sitting up. I ran my hands up his torso, taking his shirt off. We broke apart, I bit my lip and leaned in to his neck. I placed gently, yet rough kisses along his neck. He constricted his arms around me.

I grinned against his skin, as I bit lightly and sucked. His hand gripped my hair and pulled my head back, pushing his lips to mine. I hands trailed down his biceps, squeezing them tightly, feeling his warm skin under the pads of my fingers.

His hand ran under my shirt, his fingertips lightly trailing up my body, leaving goosebumps behind. I leaned my head back, moaning softly. His lips attached my neck, biting and nibbling across my collar bone.

“Jack.” I moaned out, running my fingers through his hair. He turned us over and took my shirt off. He kissed down my chest, over to my right breast. His lips engulfed the small nipple and gently sucked. I breathed in, squirming under him, my flesh flush against his.

He let go on my right nipple, and kissed across the valley to the left nipple. I gasped as his teeth enclosed it. “Jack, mmm!” I moaned out, raking my fingernails across his back. After he had his fun, he kissed down my stomach, to my shorts. He kissed the hem of my shorts and started to pull them off. I pulled him up and shook my head. I got off the bed, grabbed his hand and pulled him to the bathroom.

I shut the door and pushed him up against the door, pressing my lips to him. His hands rubbed my thighs, and picked me up. I squealed, as he turned around and pushed me to the door. He broke away, setting me on the counter.

He turned the shower on, letting it warm up. He pulled down his boxers and looked at me. I licked my lips, and got down from the counter. I turned, facing the door, hooking my thumb on the elastic of my shorts. I turned my head, looking at him, and pulled my shorts down slowly. I winked at him, and turning around stepping out of my shorts.

“Mmhm.” He groaned, pulling me to him. I smirked, pulling his face to mine. His hands ran through my hair, tugging my head back. He picked me up and felt the water, it was warm enough for us to get in. Once we got in, he pushed me against the cold tile wall.

“Fuck!” I moaned out, from the coolness of the wall. He chortled, and bit my neck. My legs tightened around his waist.

“I want you so bad, baby.” He whispered against my lips. I nodded and smirked.

“Take all you want, babe.” I whispered in reply. After I said that, he didn’t hesitate to push his hard cock into my sobbing wet pussy.

“Fuck, Jack!” I moaned, out, as he thrusted in and out of me.

“You are so tight, baby. I fucking love that.” He gritted out, fastening his pace. My nails dug in his back, in euphoria.

“Jack, oh yeah.” I moaned out, as his lips circled my nipple, “Jack! Yeah, baby.”

“I love it when you moan my name.” He said huskily, with my nipple in between his teeth.

“Do you?” I asked, breathlessly. I felt him nod, “Good, tonight, I’m make you moan mine.”

“Mmhm, this is going to happen again?” He asked, pressing his lips onto my neck. I nodded.

“Yes, and how many ever fucking times you want after it.” I moaned, feeling myself come closer and closer.

“I want it all the time.” He gritted out, thrusting harder into me.

“Fuck, fuck, fuck! Jack, oh god! Fuck me baby!” I moaned out, not able to hold it anymore. I felt him filling me with his seed. My legs were like jello. He sat my feet at the bottom of the shower, and rested his head against mine.

“That was the best shower sex I’ve ever had.” He breathed out. I giggled and ran my hands up his chest.

“I agree, it was for me as well.” I said, kissing his lips. We took a quick shower before the water went cold. Once we got out, we dried off, Jack dressed in dark jeans and a white t-shirt. I dressed in dark jeans and a white v-neck. I fixed my hair in a messy bun, and laid back down in the bed. I grabbed the book off the nightstand and began reading.

“The benefactor will have something to do with the bank. It’s either his bank or the one he banks with.” I said, aloud, looking up at Jack.

“When do we need to find a benefactor?” Jack asked, “Wait! What the fuck is a benefactor?”

I giggled, and motioned him over. He got in the bed, and laid his head on my shoulder, “A benefactor is a person who gives some form of help to benefit a person, group or organization. We need to find someone, then perform in front of him in order to gain his abundance.”

“You are so smart, you know all about this.” He mumbled, kissing my neck. I shook my head.

“I just read the book, babe.” I said, looking over at him. I kissed his head and sighed.

“The legend is that The Eye is everywhere. Waiting for the truly great magicians to distinguish themselves from the mediocre ones.” I read aloud, flipping through the other pages.

“Do you know about Lionel Shrike?” Jack asked, I nodded.

“When he was 14, he saw a hole in a tree in Central Park. He had a guy, who worked at the carousel, sign a card for what looked like a routine little trick. At the guy’s retirement, 18 years later, Shrike performs, has the guy sign a card and presto! The card is in the tree. It was in the tree for 18 years. The trick was not to look closely. It was to look so far that you see 20 years into the past.” I said almost robotically, “Shrike looked up to Houdini. Houdini, did the same trick in the East River, but he made it out alive.”

“Didn’t you say they never found the body of Shrike?” Jack wondered, I nodded once again.

“Yeah, they never recovered the body. He may have escaped, but I don’t know. I’d like to think he’s still alive somewhere, but I could be wrong.” I said, shrugging.

“You couldn’t be wrong, Jonna. You are one of the smartest people here.” Jack reasoned, looking up at me. I smiled and chuckled.

“Thank you, you are as well.” I said, bringing my hand up, running my fingers through his hair.

“No, I’m not. I haven’t helped at all.” He said solemnly.

“Jack, you are a very smart man. Trust me. Don’t sell yourself so short. I mean there was a reason why you were picked for this.” I tossed to him. He nodded and pressed his lips to mine.

“Okay, thank you.” He said, with a smile. I grinned and kissed him once more.

“It says that the benefactor, will need to be found by the end of the month.” I mumbled, reading on.

“The end of the month?” Jack asked, furrowing his eyebrows. I nodded.

“Yeah, I have to somehow connect the benefactor to this whole ordeal. I don’t know what they’ve done or anything, but I have a feeling it’s not good at all.” I said, sitting up. I walked to the window and lit a cigarette.

“Do you know any big time financiers?” Jack asked, making me nod.

“Yeah, one that was in with my grandparents and dad. Maybe we could use him, because he is one crooked son of a bitch.” I said, looking over at him. He nodded.

“What’s his name?” He wondered.

“Arthur Tressler.” I said, “He’s a boss of the insurance companies that’s ripped people off for nothing. I know my mom never got a cent from his insurance.”

“I think I’ve heard of him. He’s English, right?” He asked, I nodded.

“Yeah, I hope we can get him. If so, everything will fall into place.” I said, taking a drag of my cigarette, “We have three acts to do, all pertaining to money. Once I find out info on Tressler, I can go from there and do more research.”

“Will you marry me?” Jack asked, with a smile.

“It’s too soon, but I will be your girlfriend.” I said, winking at him. He chuckled and nodded, getting up and walking over to me.

“Okay, but I have to ask properly.” He said sternly, he grabbed my hand and looked into my eyes, “Will you be my girlfriend?”

I nodded “Of course I will.”

“Good. Best day ever.” He smiled, kissing me.

“I agree.” I smiled, wrapping my arms around him, hugging him tightly.

“Jack! Jonna!” I heard Daniel yell.

“Yes?” I asked loudly.

“Can you two come in here, please?” He wondered. I sighed and looked at Jack, who just smiled. I flicked my cigarette in the street and grabbed Jack’s hand. We walked into the living room and sat on the love seat.

“I figured out more stuff. The benefactor we need is a famous financier. I was thinking Arthur Tressler. He’s an ass in the business, but nice to your face. If we get him, I have a feeling that our next clues will be on the table for us.” I said, placing the book on the coffee table.

“Do you think that this has anything to do with Shrike?” Daniel asked me, I nodded.

“In a way, yes. Arthur Tressler owns an insurance company, who doesn’t help the beneficiaries of the ones who has died under him. He refused to give the payout after Shrike’s death. I know this, because, he did the same thing to my grandparents after they died and my dad as well.” I replied, sitting back.

“We have three tasks to carry out, all have to do with money. If I can find more info, deeper than just what I know, then we can carry this out like it was a petty job.” I added, looking over at them.

“You were always the brains.” Merritt said, pointing his finger at me.

“She’s smart as hell.” Jack said, wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

“And loud.” Daniel said, smirking. I rolled my eyes.

“At least I got some. Maybe if you got laid, you wouldn’t be so uptight.” I spat, propping my feet up on the coffee table.

“So when do you want to start looking for the benefactor?” Henley asked.

“If I can dig up more info on Tressler, then I’m sure he’d comply.” I said, nodding.

“Great! I’m excited.” She exclaimed, I giggled.

“I am, too.” I smiled, getting up and grabbing my laptop. I opened it and logged on, clicking the internet and typing Arthur Tressler. After reading, I found out he was the most recommended insurance company, but the reviews were awful. After hacking into the system database, I found out he banked in Paris, France at the Credit de Republican. He is one of the wealthiest men in the world.

“What’d you find out?” Daniel asked, getting up. I held my finger up and pulled my phone out my pocket. I dialed the number to Tressler Insurance. I got up and walked to the window, lighting up a cigarette.

“Tressler Insurance, this is Amanda, how may I help you?” I heard my best friend ask. I smiled, and took a drag of my cigarette.

“Yes mam, I need to speak with Arthur Tressler. I have a contact card that he left at my office the other day.” I disguised my voice.

“Yes ma’am, give me just a moment. I’m going to put you on hold.” She replied.

“Thank you, ma’am.” I spoke, looking at the four. I nodded and held my thumb up.

It wasn’t just minutes later, I heard a throat clear, “Arthur Tressler.”

“Oh, yes, Mr. Tressler. I need a favor and I think you’d be the one that could help me. You see, myself and four others are magicians. We are some of the best, and we’ve been selected to be in a group. For our tasks we have to go by, our first tasks were to get a benefactor. Now, mind you, the five of us have heavily dedicated our lives to magic. We want to put on a show, and we won’t to help you earn more money.” I said, hearing him thoughts. I put the phone on speaker phone.

“Now, I want you to listen to me.” I said, snapping my fingers, gaining his full attention, “We are called the 5 Horsemen. Our group consists of three men and two women, and we need all the help we can get in order to succeed and move on with our lives. Now, when I snap my fingers you will comply and help us, no questions asked.” I spoke, snapping once again.

“Ma’am, that sounds very good. Would you like to set up a meeting in the morning?” He wondered.

“Mr. Tressler that will be amazing. What time and where?” I asked.

“I’m at my office in New York until the 16th of June. The address is 224 West Park Drive. I will be more than happy to see you five in the morning at 9:30 AM.” He replied, I looked over at the four and their smiles widened.

“That’s great. Thank you Mr. Tressler, we will see you in the morning.” I spoke, hanging up the phone.

“Holy shit! You just hypnotized someone over the phone.” Jack exclaimed in awe.

“I actually learned that from Merritt when I was younger.” I said, chuckling, and taking a drag of my cigarette.

“Amazing! You are a big asset to us.” Daniel complimented, making me smile.

“Thanks Daniel,” I said, “I figured that when we get there in the morning, we show him tricks. Henley and Merritt, we can use yal’s websites. Daniel, Jack and I will show him our tricks with Illusions and Sleight of Hand.

“That works,” Henley said, walking over to me and hugging me tightly, “This is so amazing.”

“I know!” I started, “I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it. I'm about to lose control, and I think I like it.” I sang, making everyone laugh.

“I’m so excited, and I just can't hide it, and I know, I know, I know, I know, I know I want you, want you.” Merritt sang, dancing along with the song. I giggled and shook my head.

“So, back to the book. I need to make a checklist. We need to get Legos to build the arena. We need to put a plan ahead.” I said, walking into my room and grabbed my steno pad and a pen. I walked back in the living room and sat Indian-Style on the love seat. I started making a list:

1. Find a Benefactor – Arthur Tressler.
2. Find a bank – Credit de Republican, Paris, France.
3. Find Act 1 – Robbing Bank/ Where?
4. Find Act 2 – Robbing Benefactor/ Where?
5. Find Act 3 – What?/Where?

“So, since we have a plan; we need to ask him tomorrow if we can go ahead and get the Act’s together. After we find out where they’ll be, we can go farther into our tasks.” I said, looking up from my list.

“Were you a nerd in school?” Daniel asked, I looked up at him and shook my head.

“No, I was actually popular. I had a lot of friends, I’m just smart.” I said, smiling bitchily over to him. Henley snorted and sat beside me. The five of us had our noses in the books, I grabbed one of the written books and watched as the writing appeared on the blank pages.

'Now you have a benefactor, you know how he is connected. I know you are a smart girl, Miss Shaw, you will be a big help to the others. Once he finds the acts, your knowledge will venture to better the Horsemen and The Eye. Remember, don't look too close, you won't see anything. Act 1 is robbing the Credit de Replubican bank; Act 2 is to 'magikally' steal the money from the benefactor to give to the ones he took from; Act 3 is bigger and will come in time.

You have the brains of carrying this out, don't over think.'
♠ ♠ ♠
More to come!