Status: Active

Seeing Is Believing

Chapter 4

“Jack and I need disguises for tomorrow.” I said, catching everyone’s attention.

“Why?” Daniel wondered.

“Because my ex-roommate, Mandy is the receptionist at Tressler Insurance in the New York office.” I said, looking at Daniel.

“But why does Jack?” He asked. I rolled my eyes and groaned, pinching the bridge of my nose.

“Daniel, Jack has been to my apartment and met Mandy. Is that a good enough answer for you?” I asked, looking at him.

“Oh meow!” Merritt said, wiggling his eyes. I giggled and shook my head.

“I just asked a question!” Daniel exclaimed.

“Now, you keep pushing and pushing. If you don’t know play by play then you whine like a fucking baby, until you get under someone’s skin enough that they crack.” I spat, getting up and dropping the book on the table.

Jack and I walked into our bedroom. I sighed angrily and looked at him, “How can you like such arrogance?”

“I try to find the good in everyone, babe. Just calm down. I wish Henley would give him some.” He said, lightening up the mood. I giggled and shook my head.

“I’ve come to terms that it won’t help him. He’s too far gone.” I joked, walking over to the closet. I picked out a v-neck low thigh length dress with black high heels. I hung them on the closet door and turned to Jack.

“We need to have your clothes ready.” I said, as he sat on the bed. He nodded and motioned me to come to him. I complied and walked over to him. He wrapped his arms around my middle, hugging me tightly. I ran my fingers through his hair and leaned down, kissing the crown of his head.

“You okay?” I asked, he nodded and looked up.

“I just don’t want all this to turn around on us.” He said. I nodded, knowing what he meant. I felt the same.

“I feel the same, babe. Maybe this is really our destiny. We were chosen to be the keepers of real magic and protectors of those who practice it. Maybe this will really turn to the upside.” I said looking down at him.

He smiled and nodded, making me smile. He had a beautiful smile, “You open everything up. I love it.”

“Well, I just want you to know that you have me beside you through it all. If you go down, I go down.” I smiled, leaning down and capturing his lips, “Now, pick your clothes out for the morning.”

He groaned playfully and got up, pushing me on the bed. He turned his nose up and walked over to the closet and picked out some black dress pants and a black button down shirt. He hung the clothes up beside mine and walked back over to the bed. He laid on his side and looked at me.

“Can you show me how you turn into an animal?” He asked. I nodded and sat up.

“Think of an animal.” I said, looking in his eyes. I read his thoughts, he thought of a Siamese cat. I channeled his thoughts and felt myself changing in the feline. His eyes widened, and ran his hand across my back. I snuggled in his chest and purred.

“Fucking amazing.” He whispered, kissing my head. I nuzzled into his chest and heard a knock on the door.

“Come in.” Jack said, rubbing my back.

“Where’s Jonna?” I heard Henley ask.

“Right here,” Jack started, as he picked me up and showed her.

“No way! Danny! Merritt! Come quick!” Henley yelled, walking over to Jack and I. She ran her hand over my back, making me purr.

“What is it?” Merritt asked, alarmed.

“A cat?” Daniel asked, rolling his eyes. I closed my eyes and felt myself changing back into my normal self.

“It’s me.” I said, smiling.

“What the fuck?” Merritt asked, walking in, “That was fucking amazing!”

“Thank you.” I said, looking up at him.

“Ho-how did you do that?” Daniel asked, making me shrug.

“That is Paradigm Shifting.” I said, winking at him. He smiled and nodded.

“That was pretty damn cool.” He said, sitting on the bed.

“Thanks.” I said, looking at the time. It was already 3 PM. Henley and I decided to go down the block for ice-cream while the guys stayed back at the apartment working on their magic.

“Well, I see that Jack has fulfilled your needs this morning.” She giggled, winking at me. I nodded and sighed happily.

“He knows what he’s doing. Very amazing, best I’ve ever had hands down.” I started, “He asked me to be his girlfriend.”

“Awh! I knew he would! I had a feeling. Every time someone says your name, his eyes light up. It’s so cute.” She said, taking a bite of her ice-cream.

“Wait, what?” I asked.

“Yeah, the other night, Daniel said that they were talking about you and he kind of spilled his guts. It’s cute actually, you can tell his eyes is only on you.” She pointed out. I bit my lip and nodded, “Just like your eyes are only on him.” She added.

“I like him a lot. More than what I’ve ever like anyone else. We just have a connection, I don’t know how to explain it.” I replied, looking over at her. She nodded.

“I understand.” She rested her hand on mine and smiled.

My phone rang, I looked at the screen and it was a picture of Jack and I, “It’s Jack.” I told Henley, she nodded as I answered it.

“Yes sir?” I asked, sweetly.

“We need for you two to get back here. We received a package.” He said quickly. I nodded to myself.

“Alright, we’re leaving now.” I said, hanging up the phone. I looked at Henley and stood up, “We’ve got to go.”

“Okay.” Was all she said. We walked out of the shop and headed back to the apartment. I stopped her and closed my eyes, thinking I was back in the apartment. I opened my eyes and we were in the living room.

“Boo.” I said, making Jack, Merritt and Daniel jump slightly.

“How the hell did you get here that quick?” Daniel asked. I closed my eyes and thought of being behind Daniel. I opened my eyes and told the others to be quiet, “What the hell?”

I placed my hands over his eyes, “Guess who.”

“You’re a bitch.” He said, taking my hands off and turning around. I smiled and rolled my eyes, walking over to Jack.

“What’s up?” I asked, looking at the cardboard box in front of him.

“A present from The Eye.” He said, looking up at me. I nodded and sat in his lap. I grabbed the box and opened it. It was a small safe that had

“Elkhorn” on the dial. My eyebrows furrowed as I closed my eyes, thinking of how I knew that name.

“Shrike. Elkhorn was the Safe Company, he got the safe from.” I looked over the safe and saw Act 3, on the top, “This is our third act.” I added.
I opened the safe and saw piece of paper that had AT-Act 2, “Arthur Tressler, Act 2.” I read out, looking at Jack and the others, “Whoever is behind The Eye is watching us.”

Henley grabbed my pen and book and brought it over to me. I filled in the blanks:

1. Find a Benefactor – Arthur Tressler.
2. Find a bank – Credit de Republican, Paris, France.
3. Find Act 1 – Robbing Bank/ Where?
4. Find Act 2 – Robbing Benefactor/ Where?
5. Find Act 3 – Robbing Elkhorn /Where?

I closed the book and sighed, grabbing the older book from earlier and opening it. I sat back into Jack and watched the words appear.

‘Jonna and Jack, you have opened the safe and found more clues. During the duration of these tasks, the two of you will think for one. Put your minds together, and you will carry this out with no problem.

Never look too close, there is always something happening in other places.

Also, Jonna, great job on nipping the benefactor in the butt, don’t worry about you and Jack disguising yourselves, your ex-roommate won’t be at work tomorrow.’


“Whoah, did you see that?” Jack asked, I nodded.

“It happened earlier.” I said, flipping back to the other page, letting him read it. He nodded absentmindedly and smiled.

“They’re right.” He said, wrapping his arms around my waist. I pressed my lips on his as a throat cleared. Jack and I looked over at saw Daniel looking at us.

“Do you guys want to order food tonight or what?” He asked, making me shrug.

“I don’t care, up to yal.” I said, looking at him. He nodded, “Tomorrow after we finish with Tressler, we need to prepare for our Acts. We may have to take little trip to Paris.”

“Works for me.” Henley spoke up, smiling. I nodded.

“We just have to come up with a plan.” I said getting up and walking to the window. I light a cigarette, and looked outside. I saw a man in a hoodie, with the hood over his head. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked away, then looked back to where I saw the man, he was gone.

The four talked amongst themselves, I thought about how this all connected, what did Shrike have to do with this all? Was he behind his? Was he not really dead?

“Jonna. Jonna!” I heard my name being called, I looked over at Merritt.

“Yes?” I asked, looking at him.

“Why were you thinking those things?” He asked.

“I just want to know what Shrike has to do with this.” I said, biting my lip.

“You’ll figure it out, sweetheart. Just don’t think right now, enjoy this little time we all have.” He said, I sighed and nodded.

“I know, it’s just eating at me because I haven’t figured it out.” I said, frowning slightly.

“Just calm down babe, take a breather.” Jack said, walking over to me. I nodded and laid my head on his chest. He rubbed my back and kissed my head.

“Okay, I’m calmed.” I said, closing my eyes, clearing my head, “Merritt, stay out of my head.”

“What? I didn’t do nothing.” He said, he said holding his hands up. I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

“I felt you tapping into my mind, don’t go there with me Merritt.” I said, looking over at him. He stuck his tongue out at me, making me giggle, “Do you guys mind if I go take a nap?”

“Go ahead, don’t think so much.” Henley said, giving me a hug. I nodded and kissed Jack. I walked towards our bedroom and walked in, laying on the bed. It didn’t take too long until I was asleep.

“You’re doing the right job, Jonna.” I heard my dad say. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at him.

“What?” I asked, wiping the sleep from my eyes.

“You’re doing what you’re destined to do. Don’t be afraid to take it to the limit. Take it easy though, you are already ahead of everything, just take a breather.” He said walking over to me, setting something down on my nightstand.

“Why did you have to go?” I asked, looking at him.

“It was my time, you’ll find out soon enough.” He said, kissing my forehead before disappearing.

“No daddy! NO!” I yelled, seeing a reply of the wreck. Tears streamed down my face.


“Jonna! Baby, wake up!” I heard Jack’s voice boom through my ears. I jolted up and looked at him. I breathed heavily, looking around the room frantically.

“What happened?” I asked, clutching my chest. Jack ran his hands through my hair, getting the wet hair out of my face.

“You were yelling, Merritt listened in on your thoughts and you had a dream about your dad.” He said, holding me close to him.

“It was real. It wasn’t a dream.” I said, looking at my nightstand, seeing what he left on my dresser. I bent over and grabbed the envelope and looked at Jack, “He left this on the night table for me.”

“Open it, baby.” He said, sitting beside me. I nodded and opened it, seeing it was a letter. I pulled the letter out and began reading it aloud.

“My dearest love, I’m sorry I had to leave so early, but I want you to know that I am always looking after you. You made that little girls day when you showed her the Ace of Diamonds. Sweetheart, I know that it hurts you to know I’m no longer here, but always remember I am in your heart and around you whether you see me or not.

I think that that Jack boy is a good match for you. You both can learn extremities from each other. I’ve been watching him and I know that he is really adamant about keeping you safe, that’s all a father wants is to know that their baby girl is taken care of.
In regards of this letter, you are going the way your grandparents, your mother and I went when we were younger. Everything is brighter in this way of life, it is also magical. Never forget all that you’ve learned from the past, it will help you in the future.

I love you so much, and I miss you every day. The sacrifices that I’ve made is all for you. It is for you to grow in a way you want to, even though you’re following your bloodline. You amaze me every day and I can’t wait for the day that we can have another conversation.

Tell Merritt to stop with the Red Head, she has feelings for the Control Freak. Also, tell him that he and I will see each other soon, as well as you, Jack, Control Freak and Red Head. Everything will be explain in due time.

With all my heart and soul,

Daddy.”


I looked at Jack and gaped, tears falling down my cheeks. He pulled me to him, hugging me tightly against his body. I will always miss my daddy, other than my grandpa, he was my first love. I was a daddy’s girl.

“Do you think he knows what’s happening?” Jack asked.

“I don’t know. He left to quickly. He told me I was doing the right job and I’m doing what I was destined to do. Don’t be afraid to take it to the limit, take it easy because I was already ahead of everything. And lastly, just to take a breather.” I said, looking at the letter.

“Just listen to him, baby. Just take a breather. Let us handle some of the stuff, you’ve been going non-stop since we got here and found out everything.” He muttered in my hair. I nodded and wiped my tears away, “I like that he likes me.”

“Me, too. You would’ve loved him.” I said, smiling up at him. He nodded and grinned. I sighed and bit my lip, looking out the window.

“Everything will be alright, baby, I promise.” Jack said, whispered against my forehead. I nodded and laid down on the bed. He laid beside me and pulled me to him. I cleared my head and fell back asleep, peacefully and calmly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahh, Chapter 4.
This is what's happening during the year to prepare for the show!

--kalaya