Nobody Compares

Run Away

Reece sat in her room looking at her bags packed on her bed. It was a miracle that she was ready to go thirty minutes before the rest of her band got there. Today they were leaving for Australia to start their tour opening for 5 Seconds of Summer. She had listened to their music and fell in love with it. Just two girls goofing off on YouTube who formed a band with two other guys were actually going on tour. She also got to leave California for awhile and if anyone needed to leave it was Reece. After her bad breakup with her long term boyfriend, Emerson, she needed to leave soon as possible. She shook the thought of Emerson as the doorbell rang.

"I'm coming!" She said rushing down the stairs and to the door. She didn't mind looking at who it was before she swung the door opened, hoping it was a member of her band, Render Me Useless.

"Hey Reece, I was hoping you haven't left yet," the older boy said from the other side of the door frame.

"Emerson Lahey, I don't have time for this. I'm leaving for Australia in fifteen minutes and then I will be gone for almost two years." Reece ran a hand through her blue hair, hoping he got the message. She was really looking forward to getting away from him. He had ruined her life and now had moved on. She needed time to try to do the same even though she didn't want to.

"Reece I-" Emerson tried to say before the familiar black F-150 pulled up. Her band pilled out of it, revealing Maddie, Wes, and Nick.

"Gotta go, Emerson. See you in about two years," Maddie said, standing with her arms crossed behind Emerson, which gave Reece the cue to run upstairs to get her bags. Wes came behind her and grabbed her guitar case and a turquoise suitcase.

"Reece, what the hell is in this bag?" Wes asked, hearing things shift in the bag.

"My Converse, Wes. I had to make sure I had a pair to go with each outfit," she answered as Wes rolled his eyes. She wasn't the girl who wore heels but her Converse were her babies.

They walked downstairs to see Nick and Maddie had gotten rid of Emerson. Maddie looked at Reece as she passed her to put the bags in the back of Nick's truck. "I told you that boy isn't worth it," she reminded and Reece only shrugged.

To be honest, that boy was the love of her life and she wasn't over him. If her band hadn't shown up, he would have played her like he always does, and then Reece would be in his arms, calling off the tour. "Let's go Mads. "

They got to the airport quickly and got through everything just as fast, boarding the plane within ten minutes. Reece looked out of the window, sitting there because of her claustrophobia and watched as they took off.

♡♥♥♥♥♥♡

Reece sighed as she sat on the plane. They had been on there forever, it seemed. She tried to occupy herself with Twitter but it didn't work. She had resulted in stalking 5 Seconds of Summer's Twitter accounts since she was going to spend almost two years with them. She had stopped to see that they loved All Time Low and that made her smile. It was her favorite band and she saw that one of the band members had tweeted to Render Me Useless.

@Ashton5SOS: @RMUband Can't wait to meet you guys. This will be our first tour headlining and we are ready to rock! @ReeceRMU @NickRMU @WesRMU @MaddieRMU'

Reece smiled as she read it, seeing that it was Ashton who had posted it. She would have to remember to thank him for his generosity when they landed. Reece closed her laptop and looked out the window where water met land. Australia. It looked gorgeous with the Outback under them. She then had a pang in her stomach. What if she messed up? She looked over to Maddie, Nick, and Wes. She could do this for her band. After all, she was thousands of miles away from Emerson.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys, I'm Ema and I'll be writing for Reece. I don't like writing first because I feel my chapters aren't as good but I hope you stay to read more.

Also, the band that Maddie and Reece are in is Render Me Useless and song references will be Hey Monday songs. The band line-up is:
Vocals/Rhythm Guitar-Reece
Lead Guitar/Back-Up Vocals-Maddie
Bass-Wes
Drums-Nick

Emerson Lahey
Wes Pierson
Nick Donahue

We would love to hear feedback from you and thanks for reading.
Xoxo
Ema ^ω^

Image