I Am Sherlocked

Masu

Olivia sat in the lounge. Her elbows resting on her knee's. She bit at her thumb nails, as one of knee's shook up and down.
She let out a disgruntled noise as she slapped her knee's.

Minutes had passed as Claire thought about Olivia. Thinking of all the possibilities.
"It's not possible!" She spurted. Covered in frustration from head to toe.
"What's not possible?" Sherlock asked, making himself present as he entered the room.
"Oh it's you" Claire said slightly taken a back.
Sherlock raised an eye brow. Not quite sure if this was how someone would normally greet the other party after- how do they put it? - sleeping with them.
"No, no, I mean its you. Like its YOU and not someone else"
Sherlock looked behind him and then back at Claire. Her radiant olive legs extending from his shirt,
"Is that my shirt?" Sherlock asked as he stared at Claire who was clearly suffering a vast amount of frustration as she paced the room.
"Yes" She said not even looking back to Sherlock,
He waited as she paced past him and he grabbed her wrist. Stopping her completely in her tracks.

His eyes reassuringly captivating. An attraction seeds between them. Flowering with every second passing.
"What's wrong?" Sherlock asked. His voice deep and penetrating.
Claire stuttering under her breath. Her eyes glued to his lips as he spoke.
"Olivia is alive" She said softly. A tearful realization dawned upon her.
"Say that again" he insisted,
Claire snapping out of her day dream,
"She's alive, she was here, in the apartment"

"Sherlock!" Lestrade called as he ran up the stairs,
"Yes what is it?" Sherlock responded, quickly diverting his attention to the flustered Lestrade.
"There's been a murder"
"What's wrong?"
"You know that box that was left on my desk?"
"What about it?"
"There was one found on the body."
"With my initials?"
"No"

Sherlock looked confusingly at Lestrade.

"Mine" Claire stated, as she stood in sight of Lestrade from behind Sherlock. Sherlock looked to ground beside him, so that she was in his peripheral vision. Lestrade looked at Sherlock, and then at Claire. Assessing her lack of clothing, and Sherlocks top.
"Is that?" Lestrade started pointing at Claires attire,
"Yes" Sherlock said pushing past him, "Where?"
"Northumberland Street" Lestrade called over his shoulder.

Claire went to walk past but Lestrade's gaze washed over her.
"What?" She humored,
"You and Sherlock?" He said. An awkwardness coming through in his speech.
Claire looked down at her shirt,
"Oh, uh no." She laughed, trying to hide the fact of her and Sherlocks night last night.

After getting changed in upstairs he caught a taxi to Northumberland street where Sherlock was investigating a crime scene. As she walked towards the crime scene Donovan stared sourly at her. Claire smiled smartly.
"Evening" Claire said, slapping on latex gloves.

Sherlock was waiting for her at the bottom of the apartment complex.
"Sherlock should we talk about last night" Claire said to the side of them, as people walked past, and just quietly enough so that only he could hear.
Sherlock squinted side ways at her.
"Is that we do now?" He asked,
"Yes, generally, when people have sexual relations it means that they are in a relationship. They talk about it" Claire awkwardly addressed.
Sherlock, leading them into the crime scene, opened his mouth briefly and then closing it again.
Running up the stairs shoulder to shoulder. They came to the floor they needed to be on.
"I don't do relationships" Claire said as they examined the body.
Sherlock, pleased stared at Claire.
"So you... don't expect... you're saying you don't do relationships"
"You don't either" Claire smiled.

"Woman, stabbed 7 times to the abdomen, no sign of struggle. I know who did this" Claire blurted,
"Who?"
"Ashleigh Oviu, she is a drug dealer in America. This is how she leaves her victims. It's a signature. She's in London."
"Coincidence"
Claire just stared at Sherlock. He bent down and looked closely at the victims hands and clothes.
"Don't you think it's a coincidence that you've claimed Olivia to be alive, and found you in London, and this so called Ashleigh Oviu has followed her here."
"Coincidence. I think there is something between them. I am curious as to the link between her and Olivia. I know something about this Ashleigh Oviu, and Olivia wants me dead because of it"
"Coincidence. The universe rarely is so lazy."
"What does that mean Sherlock?"
"What is Olivia's last name?"
"Hughes"

Sherlocks face became vacant as his eyes wondered unfocused. Claire looked around the room. Looking for signs.

"She was placed here. But not killed here. The dust is settled orderly, and there is no blood splatter. However there is no blood trail either, meaning this woman was dead before she was placed in this room. The stabbing occurred after she had died. Her clothes are fresh, just brought yesterday. Someone has gone to some lengths to get your attention Claire." Sherlock said narrowly at her,

"What have you found? Forensics are coming in the door as we speak so be quick" Lestrade instructed,

"Woman, late 20's, single. She is a banker going by the expensive jewelry and her matching blue attire. Her finger tips are dry from flicking through notes of money. She was killed, brought here, and then stabbed. Asphyxiation." Sherlock said, pulling his gloves off and stepping over the womans body. Claire followed, instead stepping around the body.

"What were you thinking?" Claire asked, trying to keep up to Sherlock as he briskly walked away from the crime scene.
"Ashleigh Oviu, you said is an infamous drug dealer in America, yes?"
"Yes, she was also known as the Masu, and the cocaine she was dealing went by M.G- or short for Masus Goods. She's quite a powerful drug lord as well. In 2001 she was in court for the murder of Kevin James- one of her drug dealers who had been cutting her short of her money. All evidence proved she committed the crime but she was never found guilty. He was stabbed 7 times to the abdomen, no sign of struggle, all the same signs as these murders here. Do you think she has broadened her empire?"

Sherlock pulled out the piece of origami that was at the crime scene. And held it out in his hands,
"Do you know what this is called?" Sherlock asked Claire,
"Origami?"
"It's a Masu, or an origami box. It was vital to the Japanese and still is."
Claire listening intently,
"Originally it was used as a measuring cup for rice and soy sauce, but now it can be used as a token of good luck when sake is placed inside of it and given as a gift."
Sherlock stopped and called out for a cab,
"I don't understand what that has to do with anything" Claire said,
A cab slowed down and Sherlock opened the door for Claire to pile in. She slid across so that he could sit down. In his hands he unwrapped the box.