Just a Game

Part 2

“I’m freezing, dad.” “Oh jeez. So you’re a man, aren’t you? You should withstand it, you young man.” The conversation was going on while being at Christmas markets. David, dressed up in a winter jacket and knit beanie with pompom, is totally frozen. However, the temperature lies at 3°F. “We’re gonna go to buy some meat sausages with your mum. Will you go with us?” Mr. Desrosiers offered. “Umm, no. I gotta warm myself up so… anyways, wanna go to buy some punch to grow warmer, daddy. See ya later.” “If you say so. See you, son.”

David full of coldness is standing in a row to get a crucible of punch but it’s not moving at all. As he glimpsed Vicky from his class, he buried his face quickly to his shawl. Immediately someone patted on his shoulder. Damn, David thought. He got an idea it could be the irritating Vicky. “Hi.” As he heard the nice sound of greeting, he tensed before turning his face in the direction of the person’s post.

“Oh, hello.” He replied with a smile in a thought it was Pierre who patted his shoulder. “Hey, I saw a dinky huddling boy, that’s why I came. I knew it was you.” Pierre teased a little with a smile. “Hey! I’m not small. You’re another one who pokes fun of my tallness.” David said ironically disappointed. “Don’t be angry, little one. Anyways, what’s up? How are you? I hope everything’s going well. It’s Christmas time, all together, um?” As Pierre finished his speaking David realized he’s truly a talkative and nice person. “I’m doing well, yes. But it’s quite cold. I’d do anything to live for example in California. There’s warm all the time, even in winter but here? Gosh, I’m freezing.” David admitted and huddled up in his coat. Pierre giggled a little. It’s obvious they two clicked. “Oh, yes. You’re really adorably little. By the way, what’s your name? I find it embarrassing to call you ‘someone’.” “David. I’m David and I’m pretty cold.” “Here’s the punch. I invite you.” The nice boy totally confused David’s mind. “Aw, thank you… Pierre.”

They talked together for a pretty long time, not taking notice of the cool. “I’m sorry, David but I gotta go. I told my granny I’ll come in a heartbeat. But it was really nice to meet you and talk to you. Maybe we could talk next time.” “Yes, soon, maybe.” David responded nervously and smiled weakly. The ‘soon’ is really treacherous for them both. Pierre made an offer: “Thursday, Mangiafoco, 6 p.m.?” “Yes, agreed. 6 p.m.” “I’ll be waiting there for you. See ya there.” “See ya, take care.” As Pierre walked away David rejoiced inwardly.

*****

“You look nice.” Pierre got a compliment as he and David sat opposite each other. “It’s nice of you. Thank you and… enjoy your meal.” “Bon appetite.” Gotta mention, the pizzas in Mangiafoco are incredibly delicious and flawless. “Um, you study still?” Pierre asked. “Yes, attend a medical school. Gonna be a doctor and truth be told, I’d like to meet you anywhere else but in a hospital. It’s a building full of sadness and unhappiness sometimes.” “Yes, hah. It’s true I’d not be glad to meet you in the building where I work, too. Don’t wanna you to be a jailbird me to have to let you be sentenced to prison.” Pierre’s finished sentence made him confused. “You work in a courthouse?” “I’ll do. I attend a school now. Gonna be a judge.” They both giggled before taking glasses of wine.

“So, what we're proposing a toast for?” Pierre asked with a wide smile on his face. “Cheers.” “Cheers. And… a toast for our hopefully not last meeting.” In a half time of attempt to drink a toast a pert came in front of the table. “Hey, you sweetie. You’re as sweet as a candy.” He said towards Pierre. He was confused by this sentence. “Oh, I’m sorry, Mr., but we’re here together and wanna spend this time here with no irritating people around, okay?” Pierre snapped and tried to push him away a bit to the side but he didn’t let him to do that. “I’m Matt and wanna invite you for a drink, um? Do you want to?” “I told you, I’m here with my friend.” Pierre got mad. The person is too presumptuous. “Sorry so… I’ll be waiting at the bar, okay? Come soon, you Mr. Seductive.” He licked his lips before going away. “I’m sorry for him. Don’t know the person at all. You do?” “No but I know he’s really daredevil.” David answered with a voice full of aversion toward to the person, Matt. “He’s watching us still.” David continued and tried to avoid his falsely nice look.

“Here’s my number, David. I’d be glad if you called me. Take care of yourself.” “See you, bye bye.” David said after Pierre helped him to dress his coat up and walked away with a smile. David hesitated if he should let him stay in there with the strange guy. What if he hurt him? What if…

Pierre’s going at the bar where Matt is waiting for him. He even ordered two brandies. “Oh, good evening, beautiful. I’m glad you came.” He said with a nice voice and Pierre melted inside. “Oh, thanks for inviting.” “When I saw you for the first time I got totally crazy. You fascinated me at a first sight I glimpsed your absolutely beautiful face.” He said. “Aw, thank you, I-I… I thought… you looked impolite as you came to our table but I was wrong, I see.” “Ouh, I’m sorry about that. I couldn’t stop my lust to meet you.” Pierre’s completely out of place. It’s so nice to hear. “You’re nice.” Matt got a compliment. “Oh my god, I’m so desperate just… feel so good to sit here now with you, with the best-looking boy I’ve ever met and incidentally… the wide smile you have looks like a diamond. You’re so beautiful.” Pierre got lost in his sweet words….