Just a Game

Part 5

“Hi, Pierrie. I’m so glad you’re calling. What’s up? I hope everything’s going well! I wouldn’t stand finding that something happened, Pie.” David said to the phone as Pierre called him. He’s so happy Pie phoned. What if he wants to see David? To talk to him and for example… to invite him for dinner? What if…”Hello, David. I’m calling you because I’m…” Pierre was scrupling about saying it to the phone. “Why don’t we meet on Sunday? I need… I need your help, David.” He said and suddenly felt like a beggar. “Okay, let’s meet tomorrow. I’ll do everything I can to help you, okay, Pierrie?” “Or… why don’t we meet right today right now in Mangiafoco again? How does it grab you?” Pierre offered. He knew he can’t hesitate. David smiled inwardly. “Oh, that’s true I missed you… see you in the evening, okay? Take care, my friend.” David said full of hope that Pierre cares and missed him as well. “Fine. See ya.” David was running around his room, being happy of being able to see his dream boy Pierre again after such an infinitely long time.

“So? Why do you need my help, Pie? What happened?” David asked obligingly and smiled sincerely. Pierre felt he can confide to David everytime he needs to. “Well, David… I’m in troubles or… we’re in troubles. I think you don’t know but Matt is my boyfriend now and…” David’s heart stopped beating. “Your boyfriend… great. Good luck.” He interrupted Pierre’s speech with a swift and covertly affected wishing. “Oh thank you, it’s nice of you… but.. briefly, we have or – he has a huge debt and I wanna help him. It’s truly despairing and unpleasant to beg for money… you were the last person I could ask…” Pierre’s feeling a bit desperate and abashed. David was thinking about it. “Why does he have such a debt?” “His brother is a troublemaker and Matt has to pay for his troubles he made. To be honest, I feel like a beggar now.” David made a mistrustful look. He doesn’t believe the reason why Matt wants the money is his troubled brother. He hesitated for a moment before saying: “Well… maybe I could get some money to help but-“ “Oh, David, you’re the best, seriously, thank you!” Pierre got up and hugged David as much as possible. “But hey… don’t think I do it because of him. I do it just because I care about You, okay?” Pierre tensed slightly before kissing his cheek. This action confused David a little. “You’re really the best friend I could wish for.” Pierre said full of happiness and sat again while David’s eyes were casted down. “I told you I’m here for you and always gonna be.”

As David came home, there was nothing else he could do than crying. He collapsed on his bed and burst into tears. He can’t help but thinks Pierre is totally confused by Matt. He made him be like that with no sense, with no knowledge of recognition of good people and the bad ones. David phoned his friend and told him everything about this situation, without an idea what to do to overbear Pierre’s dullness.

*****

“Matty?” Pierre asked while lying on Matthew’s chest, being stroked by him. “What’s up?” He looked up into his eyes. “I told you I will get the money for you to get out of the troubles so… I did. I have all the money you needed.” Pierre said and smiled before seeing Matt’s foolishly happy face. “I knew you were the best. Where’s the amount, babe?” “I have it in the hallway but I thought- Matty!” Pierre stopped him by his hand while he was trying to get there as quickly as possible. “I thought you’ll thank at least.” “Baby I’m so happy I have you. Thanks, thanks, thanks! That means so much to me you’re a part of my family now ‘cause… just thanks!” Pierre got a peck and smiled confused. “Okay but I just borrowed the money so we have to repay it soon, yes?” “Where did you get the money?” Matt asked and looked at his boyfriend Pierre. “Well, never mind. I got the money you needed so here it is and don’t care about who helped us. It’s unnecessary.” Pierre swallowed thickly after he finished talking.

*****

David’s going down the street huddled up in the shawl, alone in coldness, warming himself up with rubbing his hands. There’s no one else in the scary street just the loud music’s rocking all around from all the bars in there. He’s going by a noisy club. There are noise and smell of cigarettes and booze. What a messed up nightclub, he thought while passing by. A bunch of drunken people just walked out of the strange building. Shit, isn’t that Matt? This thought was flashing in David’s mind. He hid behind a call-box, peeking through. “Come on, you slut, wanna have some fun, um?” The ‘a little familiar man’ said and pulled one hooker closer to him. As just a light enlightened the man’s face David’s eyes filled with tears with confusion and dilemma. Pierre mustn’t to know it, David told to himself inwardly. But – on the other hand, what if he wants to hurt Pierre? David ran away home, crying all the time. His cheeks were burning because of the hit of the wind blowing around.
“Fuck, shit, what the heck I gotta… gotta calm down, Desrosiers, calm down.” He said to himself as he came home wholly out of breath and cried out. He was thinking about what to do for the next few hours of his insomnia.