Just a Game

Part 6

“Oh, David! Wait!” Pierre shouted one day later than the incident happened. He’s catching David up in a street. David tensed and played like he didn’t hear him – he went on. “David, here I go. I called you yesterday, was something wrong or why didn’t you pick it up?” Pierre asked breathlessly, looking up at David. “I-I… fell asleep really soon yesterday. It was 8 p.m. and I slept yet, hah.” He said and smiled to cover the hesitation inside of him. “Aha, um…okay. What’s up today?” “Don’t know. I have so many stuffs to do about school. Lots of papers to learn and… I have no time on these days.” David said, not looking into his eyes. “Oh, aha. You should take a friend and go somewhere to relax and forget about the school's duty. Or wait! You told me you have a friend you’d like to date so, it’s time to make the first step.” Pierre said wholly laughing and pushed David in his shoulder slightly. “Oh… maybe.”

They were talking a bit, poking fun, and making jokes while… “I’d like to turn back time to when we were hanging out together. It’s been a long time since we didn’t go for coffee together or something like that.” “You know, I’d love to as well but I have no free time now because of being with my-“ “With your boyfriend I understand it but it doesn’t mean that-“ David stopped talking. “Doesn’t mean what, David?” … “Um? What’s up?” “Gotta go, Pierre. See you next time.” He said as he glimpsed Matthew approaching from behind. Pierre pulled him back by his sleeve of the coat. “What’s going on, David? You act like…” He couldn’t find the right word to describe David’s unsure and nervous behavior. “Pierre. Remember, many people are too good in hiding behind a mask. They usually use man’s trust so…be careful. Do not let yourself buy it.” David finished his speech and turned his back with no saying goodbye. Pierre was there entirely confused and frightened, looking at David walking away. “Hey, honey! Glad to see you. Who was it? The asshole from Mangia?” Pierre took a serious and frightened look at his boyfriend who was standing behind him. “What?!” “Just a joke, Pie, haha.” “Bad joke.” Pierre responded and breathed out thickly. “Come on home, Pierre.”

*****

“What are you doing here?” Matthew asked seductively Pierre who was lying in the double bed, covered up with a blanket, texting secretly. “Nothing. I’m trying to nod off.” He said and breathed out desperately. “What’s up, Pierre? Don’t you want me to make you feel better? We can fuck tonight to cheer you up, um?” Matt said and lay next to moody Pierre. “What are you doing, Matthew? I told you I’m not ready couple times before.” Pierre answered and got out of his strong grasp. “But I want to, you know? I wanna… we should make a step at time, don’t you think?” He asked annoyed. “Let me be, Matty. What do you think you’re doing? What's come over you?” Pierre said a bit angry and sat up, leaning on a wall. “I just want, you know? We’re together for almost 4 months now.” “But I’m not fine today, you get it? I feel... feel like shit.” He said and casted his eyes down. “Who are you texting to? Um? Is it the jerk we met a few days ago?” “Leave it off, Matty, okay? He’s my friend and…” “He may fuck you and I may not??” Matthew cried out and looked at his boy seriously who was completely out of place. “You’re vulgar. Leave-it-off.” Pierre said and thought it was done but… it was not. “I won’t! HE pretends like he’s an angel but deep inside he’s such a perverse sicko!” “It’s enough Matt! Stop it!” Pierre said aloud and got up before he was stopped by Matthew’s hand and pushed back on the bed. “What are you doing?” He asked while Matt was lying on, kissing Pierre’s neck hungrily and touching his crotch. “I don’t wanna, let me go, please, Matty.” Pierre burst into tears. Matt wasn’t about to stop instead was intensifying his motions. “STOP IT!” Pierre got out and up and Matthew fell on the bed. “We see who’s the perverse sicko, Matt. I’m out.” He said and went to the hall. “Where are you going?!” “I’m outta here!” He punched the door and ran out of the house even when he was just in his pyjamas and jacket over it.

Pierre got to his granny. He was crying and thinking about what happened. This behavior didn’t belong to the TRUE Matthew Pierre knows, or.. is it the very opposite? Who knows what the future will bring us. The very first thing Pierre was about to do as he came in the house of his grandmother was to call David. But there was one massive problem. He didn’t pick it up.

“Hey, Alex there?” Pierre said to the phone. “It’s me. Who’s calling?” “Please don’t ask where I got your phone number just, I’m Pierre, David’s friend. Maybe he told you something about me.” “Yes, he says really sweet words about you, that’s right.” Pierre smiled heartily as he heard this information. “Alex you know… I need to know where he is. I cannot reach him. He didn’t pick my calls up. Isn’t he there with you or.. do you know anything about him? I need to talk to him, so.” Pierre asked desperately, rubbing a necklace he got a few months ago from the person he’s looking for. “He didn’t tell you?” “Nope.” “He had to drive off for couple days just because of the school.” Pierre’s heart stopped beating. “What? He drove off? With no saying goodbye?” Pierre was taken aback. “Well, you know, he told me it’d be much harder to go away if he saw you before. That’s what he said.” Pierre looked down, being confused. There was a long time before Pierre managed to tell: “Okay. Thank you for letting me know. Bye, Alex.” “Bye and… take care.” Pierre hung up. Suddenly he buried his face to a pillow. How could David just drive away? How come? Exactly when Pierre needs anyone to talk to.