Status: (Outfits will be in a blog. Just look at IML Outfits)

It's My Life

Nine

~Chaselyn

I sighed and rolled out of bed to turn the annoying alarm off. I hated waking up early. The only reason I would want to is to go to volleyball practice. School's already started though, and that means volleyball tryouts already passed. I'm going to try to talk to the coach today after school though. See if I can sit in on one practice and have it be my tryout. I grabbed a towel and took a shower. After 15 minutes I was out and drying off. I put my robe and blow dried my hair. When it was a little damp, I began to curl it. It took me 15 minutes to finish it. I went to work on my make up. It didn't take me that long since I wanted a simple look. When I was finished, I went into my room to look for an outfit to wear. It was beginning to be autumn which meant today would, of course, be raining. I decided to wear jeans. I put all my accessories on and looked in the mirror. I took a picture and sent it to Drake. I felt my phone vibrate in my back pocket as I was walking down the stairs. Darien was calling. I hit answer and put it to my ear.
"Hello?"
"Hey, I know it's early. I was just wondering if you were going to school today." He said.
"I kind of have to. My mom won't get out of bed. So after school I'm going to look for a job, too."
"Alright. Well, are you going to ride the bus?"
"Umm...how long until it gets to the closest stop to my house?"
"It'll be there in 10 minutes. I have to get on before you so I'll save you a seat in the back, okay?"
"Alright. I'll leave in a minute. Want to wake my mom up really fast."
"Bye." I hung up and slid my phone into my back pocket. I didn't want to, but I knew that I had to be strong now. I had to pretend that I wasn't dying every second just so I could support my mom. I knocked on her bedroom door and opened it. It was freezing and dark. I wanted to get out of there. I walked towards her bed though and shook her.
"Mom, you need to get up." I tell her. She opened her eyes. They looked dull and lifeless. "Mom, I know you don't want to, but you need to get up. You still have to go day-to-day living your life."
She just looked at me with this blank look in her eyes so I gave up. At lunch I'll run here and try again, but I have to go. I ran out of the house and down the block to the bus stop. Perfect timing. The bus was just about to leave. It drove off a little before it stopped. I ran even harder to catch up. I walked up the steps and saw Darien standing up in the back. I smiled and walked all the way to him.
"You're lucky some one saw you. I just thought that you didn't want to come." He said as I sat down.
"I know. And no, I don't want to, but I have to. My mom just stared right through me when I talked to her. I'm scared." I tell him. I felt tears forming in my eyes.
He wrapped his arm around my waist and I laid my head on his shoulder. We sat there hugging for a while. I felt the bus stop and go again. I didn't want to let go of him. It was weird. It's like something was drawing me in. I looked up at his face and his bright blue eyes shone down as he looked at me. We both leaned in and our lips met. For a moment, I forgot everything. I forgot that I lost my sister and was losing my mom and I forgot that I was madly in love with....with....Our lips parted. DRAKE! I gasped.
"Oh, darling, I'm sorry. I totally forgot." He said and let go of me. The last 10 minutes of the bus ride was quiet. Neither one of us talked or looked at each other. Man, I can't believe I did that to Drake. He wouldn't even understand if I told him. Everyone around us was giving us dirty looks. The bus stopped in front of the school I grabbed my bag and stood up. As I stood up I felt someone's arms wrap around my waist. I looked over at Darien. "Just go with it, guys won't hit on you." He whispered in my ear. We walked off the bus together and went to the office to get my schedule.