Status: Complete

I Walk a Fine Line

Chapter III: The Only One

The mix of white and colored lights was mesmerizing. The lighted spun so fast that you couldn't see anything but a blur. A soft heat was on my face, while Frank was bright cherry red.

Frank's eyes seemed to remind me of emeralds stuck in a plate of amber. The diamonds made the light bounce, the spirit of a young person dancing beneath them, but the eyes of a old man. The wisdom seemed to push through his eyes, and words as well. Everything this man said was well thought out, almost as if it had been said before. Everything was very soft and caring.

Frank could be talking about death and it would seem like he was talking about sunshine and rainbows.
"Holy shit, Gerard you have the fucking rainbow around you and Frank." Mikey had just stepped in and he looked cold. "I was out there for forty-five minutes. I hadn't heard anything and I started to get worried. But now I can see why it's quiet."

"Gerard, I need you to stay the night if you would, it's not safe right now. I think I have some spare clothes that will fit you both. You and Mikey that is, but I need to get a book and I will be right back," Frank told me and stood up the lights seemed to dim a bit and slow down to the point that they were at a slow crawl. After about five minutes the lights had faded away and Frank came back holding what looked like clothes that were just a bit to long for him.

"Here, there is a curtain just behind me. You can change there. Mikey, these might be a bit short for you." Frank was back to his calm self. He passed the sleep pants to my brother and I. But was left with a book that looked like it could fall apart at any moment.

The black cover was cracked and the words faded. The once gold lettering faded to match the midnight cover, though the symbols were still shining brightly.

"Gerard, can you come sit in front of me please?" Frank sat down where we were before. "Place both hands on this book then tell me what you see."

The minute my hands were placed on the book, pictures filled my head. Images that showed light dancing in the air, people that just had a death in their family, a mime and I doing the same thing, a golden snake wrapped around my arm, moods changing from person to person while I was in the shadows.
"Gerard I need you to tell me what you see." Frank looked like he was sad, but at the same time, interested.

"Light dancing, a family that has just faced death, a mime and I, a golden snake,moods changing from person to person," I told him the best that I could. I felt like I might pass out.

Frank started to flip throughout some pages. The once white pages faded to a dull yellow. I just touched the book and the pages started to flip on there own and Frank had to pull his fingers away.
When the pages stopped a page that showed a person that looked like me, but in a robe.
"Holy shit, Gerard, you are fucking rare. Mood control, photokinse, clairvoyance, power mimicry...Gerard, you are the only person to ever posses these powers. Well, besides in Greece, but that was you. Do you know what that means?"

"That I'm in some fucked-up dream and I'll wake up soon?" I asked as I raised my eyebrow.

"No, but close, you've been reborn just like I have. Ever wonder why you have seen someone and you get a deja'vu moment? I get the same feeling, Gerard. We act like we've known each other for years. Mikey, do you think you know me?" Frank was on a crazy strike again, he was so wonderful though.

Mikey raised an eyebrow, then looked to Frank, to me and back. My little brother was planning something.
"Frank, how are you so sure of your feelings for my brother?" Mikey asked. He knew something and what he knew-- I didn't know what he knew.

"Mikey, what are you on about?" I questioned. Had my younger brother lost his mind? Did he even have a mind to begin with? Was my next of kin even sane?

"I just told Gerard I like him, so yes, I am sure of my feelings." Frank looked like he had a slight blush on his face.

Mikey just pushed his shoulders up and down in a shrug. My brother confused me most days; and today was one of those days.

"Gerard, how do you feel about Frank?" Mikey asked. He had a strange, not-emotionless-mask expression on his face. I don't know what I'm seeing.

"I like Frank more then I should, but I think we get on well," I answered truthfully. I felt the slight warmth on my cheeks come back and Frank's blush got just a bit redder.

Mikey nodded and stepped out side. What the hell was going on?