Status: Shoot me comments! I wanna know how I'm doing!! :)

Survive the Storm

Chapter 15

I wasn't sure if she died yet.
Jane moaned and yelled in pain to us, but we could do nothing but cry.
The water must be the deepest at 2 feet down there because it was the lowest part of the entire school.
I assumed she broke her neck, it was a long fall and onto a hard gym floor.
Wishing my tears could slid under the tape and it would fall off, I cried and cried.
Now I knew I was going to die, my arms couldn't hold me anymore they hurt so bad.
He could cut the rope anytime now.
I couldn't hear voices anymore, what was going on?
Jane went quiet.
I didn't know what to do anymore, was this really happening?
Was there really a god?
That would be the last question I ever asked, I assumed.
I didn't even think about how cold, hungry, or in pain I was anymore.
By this time I wanted to die, just get it over with, I thought.
Suddenly I felt the rope began to vibrate.
" Ella! " Chloe shouted weakly.
" I... I just wanted to tell you... " She choked out " Ill see u in heaven "
Yep I thought.
I'll get to see my mom in heaven and all my friends that have already passed, maybe even the ones that are living but I hoped many would get to grow up and live a long life.
But the one thing I thought about was my dad, I was the only one he had left, after me being an only child and my mom dying last year, if I died ( like I probably would ) he'd have no one.
But Chloe's words meant a lot to me " I'll see you in heaven "
Yep everyone,
I'll see you in heaven, where nothing can hurt us.

The rope snapped.
Even if I wanted to live and see everyone again, I'd see most of us in heaven but I wished the best of luck to the ones who remained alive.
I felt so alive as I fell to the gym floor, smashing my knees first against the floor, and splashed into the cold water.
Near me lie Jane, blood pooled all around her, turning the water red.
I waited for my last breath, as the pain sunk into me.
Blurred and dark images of Chloe, Kia, and Kendra sitting on the bleachers, hazily screamed above of me.
I saw Mrs. B standing with Mr, Anderson, my killer, pain flew through her eyes.
She sobbed and screamed like everyone else.
My hazy vision, the echoing sound, and the deep pain in my body, was enough to bring me more in my hope of death.
The last thing I saw before I was sure I died was my life flashing before my eyes, enough to make me cry.

Back at the top, Kia sobbed after she knew 2 of her best friends just died.
She held now unconscious Chloe in her arms.
Kendra cried in shock on Kia's shoulder also as they watched Mr. Anderson tie Mrs. B's arms in front of her like he did to me and the tape strung through her hair and face rapidly in force.
Kia leaned over and glanced at Mr. Anderson's phone, it had a security camera live footage on it.
It was watching the 9th grade classroom.
Kia tapped Kendra and the 2 of them watched Mrs. Hans pace in the classroom.
They began silent cheering as they watched Mrs. Hans get up with the gun and start walking out the door, she must've gotten worried.
For a few silent minutes as Mr, Anderson tied Mrs. B they waited for Mrs. Hans.
And their wish was granted when suddenly Mr. Anderson was knocked over, he quickly grabbed the bleacher preventing a fall.
It was Mrs. Hans!
She took one more step toward him, he slipped and fell, crashing to the gym floor in a heap by Jane and I, where he died immediately.
They were freed from him.
Nobody even realized what had happened it was just a shock, but that wasn't the focus they needed to help each other.
Mrs, Hans ran over to Kendra and Kia who were unsure of what just happened.
With a quick sweep of her arm, Mrs. Hans grabbed Mrs. B who was about to fall.
They all hugged.
" Where are the rest of u? " Mrs. Hans asked after breaking the hug.
With some tears being wiped away Kia spoke " Ella and Jane fell to their deaths "
She pointed shakily toward the gym floor way below.
You couldn't see anything on the ground.
" Oh my god " Mrs. Hans cried.
Mrs, B went into shock.
" Where are Hailey and the others? " Kendra asked as they lifted each other over the railing.
" Hailey and Ryan stayed back in the classroom with Megan, Cory, Ms. Payton, and the babies " Mrs. Hans replied.
" Are you sure Ella and Jane are dead? " Mrs. Hans changed the subject.
" They fell, that drop would cause immediate death " Kia pointed out as she hauled Chloe along.
She had stopped bleeding but was unconscious.
" Maybe we should go down there, some people survive and we want to take the chance that maybe one or both of them are alive " Mrs. Hans said positively.
They walked down the steps to the gym floor.
With an iPhone flashlight they searched for bodies.
Mr. Anderson was the first they found, carefully reaching for a pulse, Kia confirmed he was dead.
Mrs. B sighed in relief when she said that.
With the water rushing around, it was hard to tell where people would be lying.
" Jane! " Kia sobbed and got down quickly on the floor, near Jane who lie in the water.
Her hair was turning red from the blood running quickly from the huge gash across her head.
Kia felt along Jane's arms and legs, searching for broke bones.
" Her left leg is definitely broken and her left arm " Kendra helped.
" Oh my god I think she's breathing! " Kia exclaimed.
" Jane Jane Jane! " Kia screamed shaking Jane.
" You guys take care of her " Mrs. B told them.
" I'm gonna search for Ella " She started to walk more.
Mrs, Hans started to walk with her but Mrs. B put her hand up to show she wanted to find me alone.

I started to see blurs again, maybe I would live!
It must have been about a half hour since I was sure I was going to die.
Splash.
Someone walking though the water startled me.
" Oh my god! " The person shouted " I found her! "
It was Mrs. B.
I wanted so bad to yell to her, but I couldn't make a sound, I hurt so bad.
Mrs. B quickly knelt down by me, sobbing.
" Ella Ella Ella! I can't lose you honey " She sobbed against my chest, when she thought I was dead.
I was so happy that I was living, by now I realized that I needed to live, I had to grow up, I had to get married and have kids, I had to see Mrs. B and everyone again, especially my dad, I'd see my mom someday in heaven.
Even if Chloe said we'd see each other in heaven I was determined to live, heaven would come eventually but not now.
With all my strength I put my hand on her trembling hand.
" Ella? Your... Your alive! " She screamed happily.
Hugging me as carefully as she could, I cried too, I was happy I was going to live.
" Were gonna get out of here " She told me. " We have a plan "
I nodded weakly.
" You know honey... If you would've died today I don't know what I would have done with myself, because I love you like your my daughter and I need you, we've had a tough few weeks but I'm determined to make it better " She smiled.
I smiled too, knowing that she was going to make everything better.
This time I looked at her smile, that beautiful smile, and every time I did, I knew god was watching and that we would make it out alive.