Status: Shoot me comments! I wanna know how I'm doing!! :)

Survive the Storm

Chapter 16

The first problem we had, we ran into very quickly.
How were we going to get Jane and I off the ground.
We were so broken and hurt it would need to be so carefully done it was almost impossible to do without severe pain.
But we knew we'd been through so much pain already it wouldn't be that bad.
So Mrs. Hans carefully as possible took my legs, then my arms and lifted me up.
I immediately flinched from pain but it wasn't too bad.
Kia and Kendra helped get Jane up on their arms, while Mrs. B walked along side Chloe bracing her.
Mrs. B kept saying how sorry she was because she couldn't hold anyone because of her baby bump.
And we kept telling her it was ok but she never listened.
The staircase up to the main floor was an even harder challenge.
" I can't lift them all the way up " Kendra heaved with Kia.
" Wait a second were missing a person... " Kia stopped to think.
" Mrs. Hans where is Kris? Did u leave her with Hailey, Megan, Cory, Ms. Payton, the babies and Ryan? "
" Oh I forgot to tell you guys about that " Mrs. Hans replied wiping tears.
" What happened? " Kendra listened.
" I don't know, one minute she was next to me then the next... Gone " Mrs. Hans turned away, and started helping Chloe get along to, even with me in her arms, since Mrs, B couldn't carry her.
We all looked at each other thinking about Mrs. Han's claim to what happened to Kris.
After about 20 rough minutes, we got up the staircase and collapsed in tiredness on the ground.
I wasn't to uncomfortable now, we'll because I'd went completely numb now...
Guess that wasn't so good.
We hadn't looked at the weather in a while or the date, it must've been at least a couple days along with the weather which was thankfully getting better.
Our new camp was going to be near the doors to the breezeway between the outside and the school, where the commons fell between.
Mrs. Hans set me down, near where she put Chloe, and Jane.
Mrs. B sat by me too, Kendra and Kia laid themselves down near us.
But Mrs, Hans just paced, " Maybe one of us should get Hailey and the others " Mrs. B suggested.
" What's the point? " Mrs. Hans asked.
" The point?!? What do u mean the point? " Mrs. B snapped.
" I mean Ms. Payton's going to die along with the babies.... And- " Mrs. B cut Mrs. Hans off.
" When have you ever been this negative!?! " Mrs. B yelled " What's up with you huh?! What about Hailey, Megan, Cory, and Ryan?! "
" If they need us they will look for us " Mrs. Hans said stiffly.
" Who are you? where did the Mrs. Hans I knew go? " Mrs. B cried and stomped off.
Mrs. Hans whipped across the opposite way.
" What do u think happened to... You know everyone who died? " Chloe whispered weakly.
I felt bad for Chloe, she had a huge gash across her head and a swelling bullet hole in her thigh.
Jane was near as bad as me, she had blood all over her head after falling and her arm was dislocated, along with her broken left leg.
Me, I was sure my ankle was broken and my head looked just as bad as Jane's.
" I don't know... They happened so... Oddly " I replied to Chloe's question.
" Mrs. B and Mrs. Hans are really.. You know butting heads huh? " Chloe sighed.
" Yeah everyone is so tense and Mrs. B obviously is really hormonal... The last thing we need is Mrs. B going into labor too " I shrugged nervously.
We were silent for a second until we heard Mrs. B scream.
" Kris! Emma! " She screamed happily.
But then that happy scream turned into a bloodcurdling scream of terror.
I tried to get up, my heart racing.
" Mrs. B! " We cried afraid for her.
Mrs. Hans came running " What's going on? What's happening? " She freaked.
" Something happened! Mrs. B screamed! " Jane sobbed.
When I finally got to my feet, I ignored the horrid pain shooting through my ankle, even if my leg threatened to pull me down each second I ran on with Mrs. Hans, and Kia on my tail.
I assumed Kendra, Chloe, and Jane stayed back.
Getting to Mrs. B just about 10 yards away from us.
Mrs. B's eyes were huge, her hand covered her mouth, and she slowly slid down the wall in shock.
And what lie at her feet was the most gruesome scene I had ever seen in my life.
I heard Kia fall over and pass out in horror behind me.
My little food I had in my stomach threatened to reappear.
And Mrs. Hans grabbed my shoulders, pulling me from the scene and we sobbed a few yards away.

I had never seen anything so bloody, so full of horror, I felt like I was in a horror movie.
Emma.
We all thought she was dead.
She wasn't... At least she wasn't when we thought she was.
Now she was though.
Blood splattered across the lockers, chunks of brown hair littered the ground, and a bloodied ax lie a foot from Mrs. B.
Emma was disfigured in the weirdest position, and was saturated in her own blood.
She had been struck with an ax at least 8 times.
But by who?
And why had Mrs. B yelled Kris? Nothing made sense.
Most if all why was this happening? Why were the ones of us who died, killed under unknown circumstances? Why did those railings fall on us? Why was Mr. Anderson seeking revenge against Mrs. B? Why did he do this to us? Why did the storm continue for so long? Why did Ms. Payton go into labor?
I had so many unanswered questions.

Mrs. Hans helped Mrs. B off the ground and away from the scene.
" I'm getting out of here " I said to Mrs. Hans as we returned to our new camp.
" You can't swim in that deep water! You'd drown or freeze! " Mrs. Hans gasped.
" But we can't just stay here! " I yelled " I'm sorry but we have to take a chance "
Mrs. Hans nodded for a second.
" Guys! " 2 voices yelled from behind us.
It was Hailey and Ryan.
" We had to leave them... They're going to die and we had to get to you " Hailey cried.
" Understood " Mrs. Hans smiled.
" I'm going with you guys " Hailey said.
" A couple of us have to try to swim " Ryan told us.
" I'll go " Mrs. Hans said.
" Me two " I stood.
" Me three " Hailey walked over to us.
" Me four " Ryan laughed.
" Me five " Kia came to.
" Me six " Jane unsteadily walked to us.
" We got our group " Mrs. Hans said happily.
" Mrs. B, Kendra, and Chloe go back to the classroom for the others " Mrs. Hans directed.
With that we all hugged one last time and we set out in opposite directions.
I saw tears in all our eyes.
And we all took a breath, opened to doors to the crazy storm and dove into the cold, deep water.