Status: Shoot me comments! I wanna know how I'm doing!! :)

Survive the Storm

Chapter 19

As the next week or 2 went by with many if funny and awesome days.
The whole tragic week just a month earlier, was something we tried not to talk about often.
But every time I stepped into that gym, I got a horrible flashback, of the slideshow and the running for our lives, and getting tied and hung over the bleachers and of course falling and screaming, crying.
It was painful to think about.
Along with walking by the 2 railings that fell.
So many painful spots to walk by, every once and a while made it hard to walk though school.
Almost everyday now Ms. Payton brought the babies to school in a twin chest carrier, so she could hold them while she used her arms.
We also helped Mrs. B through the last weeks of her pregnancy, she like being pregnant and she was really pretty pregnant, but we were all excited to meet her little one.
One day she sent out in the mail a postcard, it was a picture of her and her husband in front of the school, she was standing with her back to his chest and his hands were on her huge stomach with her hands placed over his.
I thought it was the cutest picture ever.

" Ok so how many have you guys finished your cell model yet? " Ms. Payton asked on November 1st.
About half of us raised our hands.
She let us continue on our new projects, but about 10 minutes before the bell rang, someone walked in.
It was Joseph with the babies in a carrier.
" Hey honey " She kissed his cheek.
" Ewww " We teased.
" And hi my babies " She cooed and picked Stormy our of the carrier.
Stormy laughed.
Dakota and Stormy were almost 2 months old by now.
" There so cute " Jane said in awe.
" Oh and Amy, I have to ask you something " Joe said quickly.
He handed Dakota to Jane and Ms. Payton gave Stormy to me.
All the kids in our class quickly surrounded us.
I looked up for a minute to realize what was happening.
After I looked up everyone looked up at Ms. Payton and Joe.
Joe knelt down on the floor and held up a diamond ring.
" I don't want to go anywhere without you anymore, I want us to have more kids and be parents together forever, I love you so much... Would u do me the honor of being my wife and letting us get married? " Joe asked.
Ms. Payton was already crying.
" Yes! Yes I love you too, let's get married " She sobbed and he slipped the ring on her finger.
They began to kiss.
" Whoa TMI! " Kris laughed.
" Oh stop it they love eachother " Jane smiled.
Kris covered Jane's eyes.
" Oh you guys " Ms. Payton broke the kiss.
We all shrugged and laughed.
Stormy smiled up at us.
Her eyes were so big and adorable, she reminded me so much of her mommy, Ms. Payton.
Dakota, was a smily little thing to, he had a habit of crying more but he looked like Ms. Payton in a way too.
" Ella Star, Jane Wick, Chloe John, Kia Berube, Kris Beck, Kendra Lively, Hailey Hornet, Ms. Payton, Mrs. B, and Mrs. Hans to the office please " The loud speaker boomed.
" Ella, Kris, Jane, Kia, lets go " Ms, Payton said as the bell rang.
" Kk " We followed her.
As we got to the stairs before the office we saw Mrs. B, along with Mrs. Hans, Chloe, Kendra, and Hailey.
" I wonder what's up " Kia whispered to me.
" Me too " I whispered back.
We entered the office and all of us were lead into a small conference room with a police officer in it.
" Hello everyone, I have been told you guys were the main surviving victims " He smiled.
" I have brought you here today to tell you the explanations for certain things that happened during the storm, you may be seated " He concluded.
We all nodded.
He dimmed the lights and turned on a slideshow.
" Josie NickelBack, her body was found in the hallway between the main doors, cause of death: debris hit to the head." He continued.
" Danielle Holland, body found in the lower hallway, cause of death: strong hypothermia
, Nikki Connor, body found in lower hallway, cause of death: a fall from the upper hallway- " Kendra cut him off " But how did she fall? "
" Nikki's death has been ruled a homicide, meaning a murder, by a push over the railing, we have judged that to be Carter Anderson is her killer "
We nodded to him and Mrs. B gulped.
" Continuing on... Emma Earl, body found near main doors, cause of death: homicide, cut nearly 9 times in throat and chest with a small ax, Carter Anderson also ruled her killer, Carter Anderson, the killer, his body was found in the gym, cause of death: huge fall from bleachers, causing a death at his age "
The officer finished and asked if we had any questions.
We were all speechless.
" I just wanted to make sure you understood what was going on " The officer nodded and lead us out of the room.
" I've never felt so... Depressed " Kia said blankly then sighed.
" Me too " Chloe put her face in her hands.
" Girls lets go " Mrs. Hans helped us along.
We let her move us along through the hallway.