Status: New series

Cosmic Property.

Chapter 3

Moonfrost enjoyed the night strolls. The only thing she hated was looking at all the ways she could escape, knowing she could easily get away and yet it was impossible because of the curse.

It was near impossible to block out that defensive sight but she managed well enough by focusing on the stars and other things that caught her eye. And a lot of things did to her eyes. She was so accustomed to the bland, choking darkness, that everything looked vibrant. "Damn Queen." she thought savagely.

She had been walking around with her guards murmuring behind her, each of them holding a strand of chains that stung and burned away at her skin.

The first time she had gone on a walk and had been aloud a mirror, for no apparent reason or at least the reason didn't seem apparent until she had gotten the mirror.

Her silvery,blond hair, which had always been keep short, fell in a tangled mass around her shoulders. Her face was mud streaked and her clothes were in shambles. Her wrists and throat were a bloody mess,and the skin was black from burns. She had been furious.

She didn't look strong. She hated that. Standing there bloody and burned and matted. But there was something else. Her clothes hung off her body as if she were just bones. She felt so angry that she didn't know what to do, so she grabbed one of the soldiers blades and swept up her hair and cut it. The hair fell away and the short product made her feel better.

After that she had shoved the knife back at the soldier and said "I hate long hair." before storming out with the guards in tow.

She shook off the feeling of terrible hatred and jumped up and down three times shaking out her hair. Her ears flapped together and she laughed at the sound. One of the soldiers coughed as if it were a warning and said "excu-" Moonfrost turned "Sorry, I laugh a lot when I've been starving for a week and a half." and when he opened his mouth to say something she snarled and plopped down to sit.

"Come on." He said a bit kinder than usual and put a hand on her shoulder. She stared at his hand then up at his face,and hissed. Loudly as she could.

He stood up, wiping the spit from his face. "Alright." He said exasperatedly "I've had enough!" Moonfrost was about to say something sassy when an awful pounding started in her head.No, it was enough for her head to be pounding, but it felt as if it were being cracked open from the inside. She gripped at her head yelping.

The last words of the curse kept pounding in her head and she came to a realization. She had known it when she heard the words "But if blood of a talisman pure and clean spills among that of the biter than they may take the blue flame as their prize and become the new holder, if so desired." She had studied those words over and over in her head, praying for that to happen, and she never actually thought it would.

But of course the guards didn't know this and as she was laying on the ground holding her head. They thought she was just playing a sick game. "Knock it off!" growled one and on a command they all hauled on her chains at once.

She screamed at the feeling of indescribable pain that took her wrists and throat. Her head's pounding ceased as if sensing that this was a bad time. "a bad time indeed!" she thought viciously, and growled at the straining men in a sort of protest. And they were straining, she could she every muscle in their arms as they tried to forcibly haul her to her feet.

She didn't know how much more she could take since her vision swam with black dots and she felt herself giving in to their pulls. Then she heard a call from the main building "The Queen has fainted! Come in at once!" "Working on it!" Shouted the captain his voice straining. Moonfrost bent her head to the side and squeezed her eyes shut. "No." she thought "No, if i give in then i will be bitten by the queen again. And i will never see the sunlight."

Then suddenly the pulling gave away and the shouting stopped. The pain in her wrists and at her throat lay in a dormant state. Not as vibrant but still a terrible stinging that felt as if it would never go away. She stood, her legs wobbled but she wanted to stand, to feel a bit taller. She looked around confused.

They were in the same place, same stars, but the men were gone. The ends of her chains lay at her feet. She blinked and flicked her ear and felt at her wrists and throat and then she walked away. Not hurrying. She watched the people inside rushing about as though the whole world had just collapsed. "But then, maybe theirs has." she thought.

She stopped though. There was one man standing calmly in the middle of the hallway that everyone rushed past. She stared at him. He was wearing a full black cloak with the hood up so that his face couldn't be seen and the few locks of hair that came out of the cloak looked as though they dripped blood.

She moved forward her chains dragging on the ground. A women passing inside turned to look at the noise that could be heard through the open windows and screamed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 3, Yay!