Status: New series

Cosmic Property.

Chapter 4

The woman screamed at the sight of Moonfrost. Moonfrost looked down at herself and realized that she must have looked awful. She hadn't thought she was worth a scream though. Although, she had grown accustomed to how she looked and true ladies were a lot frailer than she had thought.

The woman's first scream had been more like a sobbing whisper but now she seemed to have built up courage. Moonfrost was frozen with shock at everything and all she could do was look the woman in the eye. Her mouth opened into a large O shape and Moonfrost braced herself.

But the scream never came because, the hooded man with his blood dripping hair took one large step and clapped his hand over her mouth. That's when Moonfrost realized that before no one had seen him. First because as if nothing had happened he whispered something in her ear and she fell to the ground. Moonfrost sniffed the air and it smelled of heavy sleep but not of sudden death.

Second because everyone rushed to the women and no one tried to stop the suspicious hooded man as he walked out of the window.

Moonfrost watched him as he got closer and only when it was too late did it occur to her to run. Only she didn't dare move because of the chains. "Wait." She thought "Chains are simple to get off, these don't have any protection on them just a burning spell and a lock with a key elsewhere. There isn't any reason why I can't get these off." she paused in her thoughts. "So does that mean... I wan't this man to catch me?"

He was fairly close now but it would only take a second. She used her power that had lain dormant for so long to break the chain's cuffs and collar and as they fell to the ground they made and awful, loud sound and Moonfrost grabbed the cloak of the man and swiveled around the entryway where she had been standing. They stood. Her with her back against the wall grabbing onto him and he was just standing there awkwardly as if he couldn't quite tell what to do.

Moonfrost reached up and grabbed the rim of his wide hood and yanked his face closer. "Who are you and why did you release my binding with the Queen?" She asked the question as calmly as possible but her voice was just a whisper when she wasn't trying to be fierce, and not being vicious toward someone was something she hadn't done in a long time.

He brushed off her hands and held her at the wrists. She winced, the pain was excruciating.

He leaned closer as though he was going to give an answer but then he swept her up in his cloak said something she couldn't hear and they were standing on nothing, high above the world. Moonfrost looked down calmly then up at him.

"Is this supposed to be your answer?" He shook his head and took her by the wrist. When he touched the burned part of her wrist it made an awful squelching noise and Moonfrost pulled back on her hand slightly as protest. He didn't respond but just kept on walking with the same even grip on her wrist.

They had walked for a little time when he stopped again and turned to her. She pulled away from him and her wrist gave another squelching noise. She wrinkled her nose in disgust at the noise and pulled away more quickly. Her wrist pulled away with a slurp and Moonfrost let it go to her side. He whispered some more and just as Moonfrost wished she could hear what he was saying it resounded in her mind.

"Oh no." She thought as black swam into her gaze and she felt some warmth around her. "An ancient sleeping charm, so this guy is the Talisman." She shivered at the thought of being stuck with this quiet guy. "Fine" she thought "That's fine since a quiet guy is far superior to a loud mouthed Queen who does as she pleases to you..." and this thought trailed off as she fell into a true deep sleep which rendered her incapable of any further thoughts or dreams.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 4, Yay!