Status: Here's Chapter one, enjoy!

Viva La Gloria I: World Tour

18. The Finish Line

I made my preparations for the following day before the concert. I'd already chosen my clothing selection for the next few days too. I have no idea where they had all run off too. Probably out enjoying visits with friends and family alike in California. While I sat on their cozy leather couch looking up at the blank tv screen. I'd become to agitated to watch it any longer. The words, the nickname they'd slapped on me kept replaying in my head. I forced them away to have a coherent thought for once.
Hell. If they wanted my presence I'll gladly give it to them. But I'm not risking my safety and my own pure well being to be some fixture of interest at their shows. I'll go to them on my own accord. No one needs to know who I really am but the people back home can still assume as much as they want.

Green Day must really be enjoying their break and I'm enjoying mine too. They've been gone all day and I haven't even been inside to check there. Wherever they are, I'm sure they are surrounded by an swarm of security guards. Billie particularly. Now that everyone knows he is my prime target.
I concentrated on that while I sat on their couch for the remainder of the afternoon under around seven when they all clattered onto the bus laughing loudly. I disappeared like smoke into the fog which had actually become my home away from home. And actually cozy if you get used to the small space.
I had done nothing productive all day and felt great about that. Casually hanging out on their bus like I belonged enjoying my own break. Since the day I left Torrington, those boys have had me on the run. I shuffled around in the dark cramped space until either they all fell asleep under their own free will, or passed out from drinking the collection of beer in the fridge. Whatever they were all doing that was so quiet was almost piercing. I couldn't hear a damn thing. I checked my clock and it was now eight thirty. I cracked the door like I had so many times before. They were all asleep in their respective bunks. Snoring away. Tré and Mike had the top two bunks and Billie and Jason had the bottom. I slinked out of the closet and hovered above Billie as he slept. Not for the sheer enjoyment of doing that, but for the intimidation he'd get and wake up in an fit and Id just disappear from sight. But not from the chilling thoughts that will put him to sleep. Pretty creepy huh?
They seem busy so I won't bother them. I pulled on my backpack and silently pushed open the door. Freeing myself onto the sidewalk under the stars that glowed brightly in the Californian sky.
I headed north. Up the street and away from the stadium they'd be playing the day after tomorrow. I wasn't as freaked out about being seen now as I should be. I'd relaxed back a lot but still had too be careful to not throw myself into jail for everything I've done. I'm actually very lucky that I've even gotten this far. I laughed humorlessly as I walked up the street. It was brightly lit, lights of every color poured from every shop window and cars crammed down the tight street toward the thick part of LA. I'll probably just avoid that all together...
I turned left down an dark alley. It seemed darker out on the otherside. Not lit up like an Christmas tree like the previous street. I came out onto an opposite street and headed north on this one instead. There were mostly clothing stores on this street. But thanks to me for shelling out the last of my money for a bike I don't even know the location of. I don't have any left and now that I look back on that not so distant memory, I was a little too desperate to get there...
The thing about this street was that it was dark. Like I'd just passed through some other realm into an darker world. And it was absolutely quiet. I couldn't even hear the loud music and honks pouring from the cars on the street. The only sound was my heels clacking against the cement as I walked. It was becoming an unnerving sound. But I moved along quickly. Suddenly realizing that I had no idea where I was even going.
I looked around. There were no street signs. I'd walked into some slum neighborhood along my way. Trailer houses that had broken windows and waist high weeds cloaking them. Or ones that simply looked like big blobs of charcoal. The ones that had suffered fires and never were repaired... I never really thought about there being a place like this in existence in California. Where you figure that it's all celebrities and music and movie stars. Boardwalks and beaches and expensive clothing stores and corner clubs. But that's not it at all... It's just as low with clean streets and shabby homes as my own hometown in Wyoming. We, every state in the US is in the same boat. There are none better, none worse. In fact, this place right here. Is the Boulevard of Broken Dreams.
I looked around myself one last time before turning around the way I'd come back for the bus. I'll go to sleep, wake up in the morning and make my final arrangements, then, on Saturday, I'll finally reach the finish line. The end of the road for my journey. And maybe the most important thing I've ever done. Regardless... I'm almost there.