Sequel: Dangerously Close
Status: Completed ♥

Sunrise at Midnight

Facing the Slytherins

"Bloody hell, could you guys be any slower? Hurry up, we're going to be late," I rushed, dragging Fred and George to the tent where the Gryffindor team was waiting.

Ever since the famous Harry Potter got the spot as Seeker, the whole school was buzzing about it. Almost every student was looking forward to the Gryffindor vs Slytherin match to see the new player take action. Ron said he was a "Quidditch legend" for being pretty much the only first-year in around a century to get chosen for the team.

We entered the tent. Lined down the wooden benches were the whole of the team, their ruby red Quidditch uniforms swaying lightly with the small bit of wind in the room. Eyes turned to us as soon as we stepped in.

"Sorry we're late," George said. "She held us up. You know girls and their makeup," he teased.

I swat his arm and heard everyone chuckling. "Maybe if you weren't as slow as a blasted turtle we wouldn't be in this mess," I threw back at him playfully.

He stuck his tongue out at me and led his brother to sit down with him. I was about to sit down when Oliver walked up to the center and motioned for me to stand next to him.

"Alright, everyone! Listen up." Everyone's attention darted towards Oliver. "We want you to put your every will in this match! Losing is not an option. We're gonna make those snakes fall to the ground and slither away from the lions in fright. Who's with me," Oliver exclaimed, motivating the players.

Everyone cheered and clapped approvingly.

"Rosalie, I think you should say some words to the team as co-captain. For good luck."

I nodded and turned to face the players who were now looking at me, awaiting my words of wisdom.

"Ok, we've been at this too long - trying to beat the Slytherins who always take the winners title to the dungeons. Today, I guarantee if you guys put your head into the game, Gryffindor will be the one walking to our tower with that title and the trophy. Are you guys ready," I asked, raising my voice a bit.

The excitement in the room seemed to explode as more cheers erupted. I nodded.

The players began shuffling around the tent - grabbing their broomsticks, discussing strategies, anything that needed to get done was getting done.

"Rosalie," a voice said behind me.

I turned around to see Harry looking up at me through his round glasses. I knelt down a bit so I was at eye-level with him.

"Yeah, Harry?"

"I don't think I can do this. You know, catch the Snitch and win the game for us. What if I'm really not as good as the other team? What if we lose?"

I put a hand on his shoulder. "Harry James Potter, if you dare say that again I will shove a handful of horrible Bertie Botts down your throat," I joked. "But in all seriousness, I know you'll do just fine." I gulped a bit, trying not to go into one of my long thinking faces and break down before continuing. "Your father was an amazing player, and I know he'll be proud of you either way, hell he probably is right now. And if McGonagall suggested you make a good Seeker, she's right," I told him.

He smiled. "Thanks. You sure know how to make someone feel better."

I smiled with him and ruffled his hair. "Don't worry, Pucey was never that good of a Seeker anyways."

Harry laughed at my taunt. "Good luck out there."

"You too."

I stood back up and watched him walk off to grab his Nimbus 2000. I looked down at my broom and gripped the handle tightly, nodding to myself.

If only it was easier keeping things from my younger brother.

I walked to the front of the group that were lining up towards the exit. I nodded at Oliver. "I'm ready."

Angelina gave me a pat on the back, smiling. "You'll do great."

"Thanks, Angelina. Now let's go kick some Slytherin ass."

We all began walking out of the tent, as did the Slytherin Quidditch team. My eyes scanned the crowd, who were all standing up, eager for the game to begin. Loud cheers and chants erupted from the benches. I turned to see the opposing team sneering at us. I glared at them as me and Oliver reached our halting point. Madam Hooch stood between me, Oliver, and the Slytherin captain and co-captain.

"Alright, shake hands."

I looked at them in disgust and took the co-captain's hand, shaking and dropping it faster than I could blink.

"Mount your brooms," Madam Hooch exclaimed.

The crowd began cheering as everyone hopped onto their brooms. Once everyone was on theirs, the whistle sounded through the field. Immediately, everyone took off into the sky.

"And they're off," Lee Jordan's voice boomed. "This match is sure to be intense with the new Seeker in the Gryffindor team!"

I began flying towards the Quaffle, passing it with my bat to Angelina. I followed her closely as she headed towards the Slytherin Keeper. Throwing it with all her force, the ball went flying towards the goal, making the Keeper lose his balance a bit. It went right through the Keeper and into the goal. The Gryffindor students began to cheer loudly. I high-fived Angelina.

"And Gryffindor scores! 10 points to zero points thanks to Angelina. That was a nice score!"

I began to fly towards the Quaffle that was now back in the center of the field. A Slytherin Chaser was able to get to it before I could but luckily I stole the Quaffle, making my way back towards the Keeper. I was about to go for the goal when I felt something coming towards me. I turned to see a Bludger. Before I could worry about it, a bat collided with the Bludger and it went flying. I turned to see Fred.

"Thanks, ginger."

I hit the Quaffle with force before the Slytherin chaser could take it from me and threw it. The Keeper almost caught it perfectly, but it missed his hands by an inch and went through the post. More cheers came from the Gryffindor side.

"And Rosalie is rid of a Bludger and scores! Another ten points for Gryffindor! And for a second I thought she would get hit!"

I rolled my eyes at Lee's comment and continued playing.

Fifteen minutes passed. The score was now 40 to 30, Gryffindor in the lead. The Seekers were still searching, the Beaters were still sending and stopping Bludgers, while the Chasers and Keepers tried hard to stop and score goals. It was a bit too normal.

But then the Seekers started zooming around the pitch.

"And it looks like Pucey and Potter have spotted the Snitch! The tension is rising! Who will catch it? What team will win today?"

I shook my head out of the Harry and Pucey and gave the Quaffle a swing. The Keeper was distracted by Pucey going for the Snitch.

"And Rosalie scores for the second time today! Get your heads in the game, snakes!"

I laughed as Professor McGonagall swatted Lee's arm at his comment. I looked back up to see Harry flying at an extremely fast pace. His broom was swaying around a bit, and he was holding onto it, trying to control it as he went towards the Snitch.

It took me a second to understand.

His broom was going insane.

I scanned the crowd when I noticed Snape was muttering something under his breath.

A spell.

I shot him a glare angrily even though he wasn't paying attention to me. I watched as his robes catch fire and suddenly he stopped mumbling, focusing on the bottom of his robe that now was on fire. I turned back upwards to see Harry's arms wrap around the little fluttering ball.

"And Harry Potter gets the Snitch! Victory for the Gryffindor house with 200 points!"

Everyone swooped back down to the ground. The Slytherin team walked back towards their tent in anger and defeat. The crowd was clapping and chanting as the Gryffindor team came down. Most of the players went to congratulate Harry, including some students from the audience like Rayne, Ron, and Hermione came down to congratulate him on his victory.

I walked up to Harry and gave him a pat on the back. I swear at that moment every eye was on us. I ignored that fact congratulated him. "Harry, you did great!"

He smiled. "Thanks, Rosalie. But if it wasn't for you and Oliver encouraging us, I probably wouldn't have caught the Snitch."

I laughed when someone yelled, "Let's go to the Gryffindor common room to celebrate!"

Every student walked off towards the common room. Me, Harry, Ron, and Hermione stayed behind, walking several feet away from everyone else. We talked about the game, well, I did. Ron and Hermione were basically just bombarding Harry about how good of a job he did. I couldn't help but chuckle.

"Oh look, if it isn't the icky little lions," a girlish voice said behind me.

I turned around to see Moreno, standing next to Malfoy, Crabbe, and Goyle.

"What the hell do you guys want," I spat, clearly uncomfortable at their presence.

"Well, we just wanted to say how great of a job you guys did. But I wouldn't keep that in mind, Slytherin will win next time," Crabbe sneered.

I rolled my eyes. "In your dreams."

"I think Crabbe knows very well what he's saying."

I turned to face the boy who said that. Malfoy's cold, grey eyes bore into mine, and I couldn't help the urge that I had to just choke him to death.

"Oh look, so Moreno joined Malfoy's little first year gang. Wow, when I thought you couldn't get any lower," I mocked, getting enraged at the Slytherins in front of me.

Ron and Hermione both seemed out of words while Harry seemed almost as angry as me.

"Please, this is Draco Malfoy after all, Lucius Malfoy's son."

"Oh right! That's even more of a reason he's lower," I teased. Ron broke into more chuckles behind me but quickly snapped out of it when Malfoy shot him a glare.

"Please, Potter. Like your family is any better. Go cry to your mum. Oh wait, she's dead!"

The Slytherin gang began to laugh at Malfoy's taunt. I gulped and bit my lip as I looked down to the ground, getting enraged.

"You're crossing the line, Malfoy. You better shut your spoiled ass up right now," I hissed.

Harry looked up at me. "Your mom is dead too," he realized.

I nodded.

"Oh, look, two Potters sympathizing about their parent's death! Someone get me a tissue, this is going to get real emotional."

I turned to see Harry taking one step forward. "Shut up, Malfoy," he bravely threw at him, warning him.

"Oh look, Potter's defending his older sister," Malfoy spat.

And at that moment I was launching myself at Malfoy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh snap.
I left you guys with another cliffhanger.
Don't kill me!
Thank you so much to my commenters as always, targaryen. and lovelessbird. You guys rock!