Status: Hiatus

Like the Crescent Moon

More than I Bargained for

I stand by a mirror staring at my reflection. I run my hand over the smooth surface of my skin, bubbling over with excitement. I found my boy yesterday, the one with the smile that I need. The thought alone makes me smile triumphantly, I am sure I will win that human over with this face. It is only a matter of time. I straighten up and head out of the bathroom; I can’t be in here for too long, humans frown on that kind of stuff. I could feel that he is here tonight, it tugs at me, the bond we have. I lurk in the corridors of the teen club looking around to see if anyone sees me exiting the men’s bathroom. I hated waiting on those pesky long lines from the women's when the men's was just empty and waiting. I mean it is just to relieve myself not collect money, it’s utterly ridiculous. I sashay my way to the middle of the club, every eye following my moves. In the two days that I have been here I have climbed this school’s social ladder and I am currently their Queen. I wink at one of the cute boys who calls himself Matt and keep moving towards the center my goal, Cecil, standing in the midst of ladies. If I was there Queen, Cecil was most definitively their King.

The bright neon colored lights that flash and pulse with the rhythm of the noise they call music reminds me of home. How the colors always flash before the moon rises into the sky, pushing the sun out of the way so it can shine. I miss home, but I do like this place. The soft chairs thrown about everywhere, the bar that serves sugary drinks, the loud music that shakes the floor. The well dressed, shy yet eager males. The silent competition with the other females to be the most beautiful and the most pursued. I lick my lips when I catch Cecil’s attention. The human race has change much since I have last been here and I like it. There is a wildness in their eyes and a rebellion in their postures’. They have become my kind of strange. Cecil practically pushes the other females to the side and makes his way to me. I like a guy who knows what is worth the most of his time, and that would be me. I believe I am what humans would call arrogant. When the girls turn to look at me, I shrug at them and give them a fake pout. I mouthed a 'sorry' to them before I lock my arms into Cecil’s. I laugh to myself as I pull him away. These women are so easily upset.

I will admit to being a bit disappointed in the ease of this hunt. There was no chase, no need to sway him or use any wonder to pull him in. I pout to myself, feeling a bit bored with all of this already. Will no one ever prove to be as hard to convince as Arrow? Ahh, when I met Arrow he was called Marc Anthony. He was conquering the world so swiftly that all his enemies would flee simply hearing rumors that he was approaching. Plus he was desperately in love with another. It took a lot of convincing to get him to fake his death and replace him with another of his likeness. Suicide, Ha! Arrow’s downfall has always been his love for me. Poor Cleopatra was so easy to fool. She wouldn’t even recognize him if she saw him now, not that she could. Unfortunately, all the wonder in the world can’t undo death. I sigh, feeling a bit dejected and downright upset that my trip would probably be over in this week. I had hoped to stay longer, fight harder. That’s when Cecil halted, showing a bit of resistance to me. Ugh, how my heart soars with hope at the thought.

“What’s wrong Cecil?” I bat my lashes at him.

He pulls back a bit.

“I hardly even know you.” He grins that killer smile again.

I giggle in the flirty way I have heard the other girls do.

“Oh I can fix that.” I place my hand lightly on his biceps.

"I don't doubt that for one second." He chuckles softly.

Cecil isn’t what I usually go for when I am here. He is six feet even. He has beautiful ear length, windswept, sexy curls, that covered in chocolate hue that makes me think of the chocolate rabbits at home. He has a strong jaw line that has a masculine stubble tracing it. His eyes gleam at me. They are filled with such a mischief those the dark green/brown orbs of his. His lips always seemed to be curled into the enticing grin. His body was clearly well toned even his loose fitting shirt couldn't hid that fact. I mean he has everything to like but he is far too good looking. He is in the highest of standards of good looking and well let’s face it, I like to be the one with the advantage in the looks department. He laughs again, probably at the silence that lapses. He picks up his big hands and trails his silky finger down my face.

“Let’s take things slow, okay?”

I numbly nod my head, feeling a spark from his finger directly into my brain. This boy is seriously going to be trouble.
♠ ♠ ♠
Mirana is getting herself into more then she thought she would be. ♥