Status: Hiatus

Like the Crescent Moon

Let's Run away Together

My heart is thumping hard against the bone of my chest. It feels as if its trying to rip out of me. Cecil is sitting across the quad, again in the center, this time with a group of friends. His hair was moving with each gust of the wind, moving like waves of the sea. I could almost smell the chocolate that the color of his hair would emit in my home land. He smiles a crooked smile at some overconfident statement I know Matt made. Cecil finds his friend's ego amusing. I swear that all the leaves turns towards him as his grin widens or maybe I am starting to affect this world too. I try to pull my attention away from him but without success. Something about him keeps me from looking away. It is like the sway that he holds over me is stronger than the one Arrow ever held over me. It is as if he has some wonder living inside of him. I shake my head and laugh; it’s a musically sound even to my own ears. That isn't possible; no one has wonder in them but me, that's how I get them to follow me down the 'rabbit hole'. Well, maybe Arrow holds a bit of wonder himself, but he was something important to this world’s history. Why would a seemingly ordinary boy have wonder in his being? What could possibly set him apart besides that smile of his and my attention to him?

I watch as every passing girl eyes Cecil where he lounges on the grass. He is so relaxed and at ease where he is at. I can see those very girls wanting desperately to be the center of his attention. A feeling, that I fear, I will soon share with these average human woman. For some reason, I want Cecil to only have eyes for me. Not that I usually like to share attention, I just don't care enough to pine after it. I pout and kick my black stilettos against the patch of dirt I am standing on. This is utterly ridiculous. It has been almost a month since Cecil has spoken to me longer than five minutes at the club. He acknowledges me as we pass each other in the hallways. He may speak to me a bit before our two classes together but that’s it. I have to make my move. Though I admit, the challenge of this hunt is exciting me but frightening me a bit too. I know that there are tricks I will have to pull with my wonder to get his attention. That is tricky in this world, where people do not believe in nonsense anymore. I sigh, so sad how their imaginations have withered with the birth of technology.

For some reason Cecil turns towards me, smiling before he winks at me. I know that this is my chance to steal away a little time with him. Time that rightly belongs to me. So, I allow the wind to wrap my scent around his body and tug him towards me like a rope pulling him closer. He gets up and weaves through the crowd. It looks as if he was almost floating over to me like in those silly little cartoons children watch. I blow him a kiss and he picks up the pace, I wonder if he knows that I am pulling all the strings here. Maybe he feels that he is in charge, I like a man who can hold on to his disillusions. Suddenly, he slows down a bit, adding a bit of his own style to his walk. He has such a swagger about him that all the other guys seemed to covet it for themselves. Everyone just seems to stop and stare as he passes them, making his way to me at his own leisurely pace. Even saying hi to a few people as he makes his way over. He is showing that he has more control in this game of ours then I give him credit for.

“Hello Mirana,” He leans in closer then he needs to as he speaks to me. “How are you on this mundane day?”

I try to calm the beat of my heart, an impossible task with Cecil so near. I just want to bite his cheek just to see if he tastes as good as he looks.

“I am bored,” I say coolly, no need to let on the effect he has on me. “Let’s blow this place and do something fun.”

His eyes light up with mischievous excitement. I watch as his pink lips curls upward, dimples peeking out on each of his cheeks. My, is he gorgeous.

“Let’s,” he holds out his hand to me, so I place my hand in his. I try not to relish in the feel of his touch. “Where would you like for me to take you?”

“The land of Wonder,” I whisper low enough that he hears it without truly hearing it.

“Sorry,” he laughs such a beautiful laugh; it sounds like birds singing in the warm season back home. “I didn’t hear you.”

“I said anywhere that’s away from here.” I look at the side view of his strong jaw line and I feel the wonder around me quiver.

“Then prepare for all possibilities.” He interlaces our fingers as he pulls me away from the quad and off of the school’s property.
♠ ♠ ♠
x3 comment thoughts please