Status: my first fanfic. also on fanfiction.com

Soul Punks

Chapter 8

Ch. 8

We rolled up to Patrick's house and rang the doorbell. Mrs. Stump answered the door and looked a little surprised at first, probably because a moderate sized mob of hormones had just arrived at her door. She always had a really crappy memory, something that ran in the family I think I remember Patrick saying. Although Patrick didn't have trouble remembering anything... Oh off topic right.

"Oh hi kids! I'm so glad your here, Patrick won't come out of his room. I heard something crash up there and I'm worried. He's locked the door and won't open it, maybe you kids could get him to open it."

"We'll try our best Mrs. Stump, we promise," I said trying to comfort her. She gave me a relieved look as walked back into the kitchen.

"Well shit. I don't think he will open the door for us. I mean, he didn't want us to find out, what makes you think he's gonna open that door?" Joe said crossing his arms over his chest.

"He won't. He wouldn't even open the door for his own mother!" Pete said while throwing his hands in the air. "He won't open it for us... but he would open it for Miss Late Night Bum Call over here," Pete said looking in my direction.

I rolled my eyes, "And what makes you think that, Mr. Over Confident?"

"Maybe because he wondered on over to your house last night, instead of ours or his own?" Andy said, crossing his arms and joining Pete.

"Or because he loovveess you!" Joe said with a sing song voice. "Ow! I was just kidding! Jeeezzz, can't take a joke anymore can you," Joe whinned, rubbing his arm.

"Fine I'll go see what I can do." I said in defeat.

I climbed up the stairs and walked to Patrick's room. I was prepared to what might be behind the door, so I expected the worse.

"Hey Trick. It's Courtney. I came by to see how you where doing? Maybe watch a movie? Why don't you open up?" There was no response from inside.

"Hey come on, is this about my dad. What, are you hiding because you felt a little turned on after he slapped your ass and you feel ashamed and confused?" I asked with a giggle.

Still no response. Now I was beginning to get worried.

"Hey Patrick, come on open up! You're staring to freak me out! You aren't dead are you!"

Then I heard rustling from the other side of the door. There was a click, but the door didn't open, at least he's not dead. I sighed in relief and bit my lip as I reach for the handle.

I opened the door and gasped. Patrick was sitting on the floor, his back leaning against the bed. He was surrounded by tissues and papers were scattered everywhere. His guitar was set next to him, was he working on music? The blinds were closed and there was no light coming in what so ever. The poor thing...

"Oh my god! Patrick what happened!" I asked as I ran over to him.

"She... That BITCH!" Was all he could say before his head fell on my shoulder, he was crying even harder than last night. I held him close and stroke his hair.

Joe poked his head through the open door, his eyes wide. I quickly motion his out before Patrick could realize he was there. He mouth sorry and went back downstairs.

I held Patricks shoulders and helped him up onto the bed, I sat next to him and moved the hair from his face.

"Wait. That wasn't there before? Did your mom beat you for staying out so late? Do I need to call child protection services?" I asked, desperate to make him feel better. Then I remember that Kaden had punched him, oh god it probably just came in now. Fuck! I am so bad at this. But to my surprise, I saw a small smile creep onto his face.

"Yea... Wow, I am a mess huh. Gosh, I never realized what an ugly cryer I am." Patrick said, I could tell he was struggling to make a joke.

"Yea, probably because you don't cry much. I mean, you are the manliest man I know." I said, playfully punching his shoulder. "So uhhh, did you, did you wanna talk about all... this," I said motioning to the mess that scattered his room.

"Oh... I-" Just as he was about to talk, the guys walked into the room. They saw Patrick and they looked to me for an explanation.

"Courtney! What the fuck did you do to him lat night!" Pete yelled.

"Jesus! Patrick, you look like shit!" Joe said, of course.

"Well thanks Joe, glad to know you're always here to make me feel better," Patrick said glaring at him.

"Do we need to kick Courtney out of the group now? I don't wanna kick her out, she's funny. Plus, boobs." Andy said.

"He has got a point," Joe said nodding his head.

"HEY! I didn't do anything to Patrick, when he left my house he was perfectly fine." I turned to Patrick and and lowered my voice. "Patrick, what happened?"

He looked down at the floor and turned around. He grabbed his phone and handed it to me. I opened it and read through the messages. God, Allie is THE scum on earth. This was just- I cannot believe this skank would do such a thing to such a sweet guy.

I looked over at Patrick who was hugging his pillow. I put the phone down and pulled him into a hug. Pete grabbed the phone and the other two guys looked over his shoulder.

"Oh man dude. That's not cool." Eve Joe seemed to be at a loss for words.

"She's got a special place in hell, I can tell you that." Andy said.

Pete didn't say anything. He was stoic as ever, I couldn't read his face at all. We all knew that Pete was going to be the one to really get pissed. When my boyfriend broke up with me Pete wouldn't leave the dude alone for weeks! I couldn't imagine what he was going to do now, maybe storm out of the room and beat her up or something.

But Pete shocked all of us. He put the phone down on Patrick's dresser and sat on the other side of Patrick. He put his arm around Patrick and I. Staying calm he said, "You didn't deserve that man. You are the sweetest, most talented, nicest, most caring person I know. You deserve way better than that skank, and you know what? She is missing out and she will never find such an awesome dude like you." Pete said as he patted Patrick on the back.

"You guys are right. She should be the one crying not me. I do deserve better, I treated her with respect and she three me away like yesterday's news." Patrick said whipping the tears away from his face. "You guys are the best, thank you. And sorry for ruining your day," Patrick said looking down awkwardly.

"Hey, don't be sorry plus the day isn't over yet." Pete said.

"Yea why don't you clean yourself up and we can go bowling. That'll take your mind off her." Andy said.

"Yea, and you're not down in 15, we will assume you have collapsed in sadness again and leave you," Joe joked.

I elbowed Joe in the stomach. "Don't listen to him, he is stupid." I said smiling, because what Joe said was kinda funny.

Patrick smiled back, got up, and went to clean up. I'm glad Patrick was finally feeling alright.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! Hope you liked the chapter! Kinda hard to write, I wanted to get it right, with all their personalities and stuff. Hope you enjoyed. Review and follow if you can, really appreciate it! Thnks fr rdng!