Status: Please comment I'm dying, your so silent!!! Thank for reading

Beaten

Chapter 17: To Save Us Again

Still Lacy's POV

My feet skidded across the frozen ice.
My goal was to reach the school.
Please be unlocked I prayed.
In seconds it felt like, I made it up to the school, too afraid to look back.
My fingers felt for the pull bar.
I hit cold metal, and pulled though to the high school.
My heels clicked along the newly shined floor, as I ran up to the steps and flew through the commons.
I frantically searched for a place to hide.
The pods were locked, leaving me in an open space, vulnerable.
The fine arts hallway! I darted down the hall.
I reached down and took off my heels, pushing them against the wall, so I could silently run.
" Lacy.... Lacy... " His voice called in an eerie horror movie echo through the school.
I put my hands over my ears.
Turning into the industrial tech room, I realized I had time to hide.
The room was huge, full of machines and tools.
I swiped a straight wood file from the shelf, holding it upside like a knife for protection.
I cautiously walked around the room, turning in circles.
The stairs.
His voice came back and that was enough to make me run.
I darted up the paneled steps to a storage room above and overlooking the shop.
I pulled a bluish brown tarp over my head, and peeked out enough to see through the bars over looking the room below.
My breathing wouldn't slow down, come on, control the panting.
My heart beat burned in my chest.
" Lacy, no need to hide, your dad is here " His voice echoed down the small hallway continuously.
He went silent for a few blistering seconds.
" Lacy! Honey, Lacy it's okay, please come to me! " Miss B's voice suddenly burst into the room.
" Miss B? " I cried.
No! I couldn't let him hurt her.
As fast as my feet could carry me, I ran down the steps.
" Miss B! " I screamed.
" She's not here " A voice said from behind me.
It was the man, and now I knew who is he.
Carter. I swung around, He had his feet propped up on the desk as he slouched in the wheelie chair.
" It's a recording smart one " Carter smirked pulling his phone from his pocket " She's dead "
" No. No no no! She's not! " I cried, backing away.
Carter stood up " You don't believe me huh? "
I shook my head " What did you do to her? " I whispered.
" Them " He corrected " She was pregnant, so vulnerable... So easy to take it all away "
" What do you mean WAS pregnant? " I asked slowly backing away from him, until I'd pinned myself against one of the tables.
" None of them survived " He picked at his finger nail, not looking at me " If she died, the fetuses would die as their mother's heart beat, just... Slowly slowed down, until it no longer beat. Without her body working correctly around them, or it, they die as well " He had an eerie quiet calmness in his voice, making me shake uncontrollably as he talked.
I gasped and squatted down, trying to decide whether to believe him or not.
" Are you afraid of me? " Carter asked, when I didn't respond.
I just looked up at him " No "
" Why? " He smirked, walking toward me.
I didn't answer, just turned my face to the side as he body pressed against mine, his breath smelled of cigar smoke.
He grabbed my wrist, forcing me to drop the weapon of my protection, the file.
Carter taped both of my wrist together in front of me, and my mouth shut with gray duck tape from the tool counter.
" Come " He took my arm and led me outside through a back door in the shop room.
The cold air stung my face, as we walked out to the lake downtown.
When I saw his truck by the icy shore, I knew what was going to happen.
" Now, I want you to properly meet your mommy before you both go up in the clouds " Carter laughed.
It was now life or death.

The others waited impatiently at the table, still in the restaurant.
" She won't answer her phone " Eric slammed his phone onto the table, as he returned from the fifth failed phone call attempt.
" Lacy won't answer either " Nikki panicked.
" Ok, let's stay calm, where did Lacy say she was going? " Ms. Payton tried to keep everyone relaxed.
" She went to find Miss B who left a few minutes before " Kendra remembered.
" Amber went to the bathroom " Jane remembered.
" I thought I saw Amber outside though " Ms. Payton shrugged.
" Well, let's check both " Eric got up " Amy you, Jane and Nikki check out front, Kendra, Bea and I will check the bathrooms "
The group split up.
" Lacy! Amber! " Ms. Payton called as they walked outside.
" They couldn't of gone far " Jane grabbed Ms. Payton's hand.
" What's that? " Nikki asked, reaching toward the ground.
She picked up a sickly smelling white cloth " Ew "
" What is that? " Jane asked Ms, Payton, making a face.
Ms. Payton took it from Nikki and sniffed it " Knock out "
" What? " Nikki and Jane said at the same time.
" I'm not exactly sure what it's called, but I do know it makes you pass out, or you know, lose consciousness, just by smelling it or getting it into your system " Ms. Payton explained.
" Oh god " Jane groaned.
" What now? " Nikki jumped.
" Look " Jane pointed to a spot on the cloth.
It was pink lipgloss, specifically Miss B's baby lips lipgloss.
" Oh no, no no! " Ms. Payton ran into the restaurant for the others.
When she returned, she was quickly followed by Kendra, Bea, and Eric.
" Get in the car " Eric jumped into the drives side.
" Where are we going? " Bea looked through his window " where can we even begin to start looking? "
" i don't know yet, but what I do know is that we are going to find them " Eric signaled for us to come.
" Then let's go! " Kendra shouted for the others to follow.
To find us again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay guys! I'm so sorry for taking so long, I'm trying to finish before my school year ends, and I'm caught up in school work, which is taking up more time than writing my book!
I have most of the book planned out from now to the end, but it just takes time to put all together and do!
Thnx again for being patient and still reading!
Comment! PLEASE!
<3- Lydia