Sequel: Changing Sides
Status: Finished

Behind Enemy Lines

Risk and Reward

"You see the twins?" Isaac asked as he pulled up to the front entrance of the vacant hospital.

"No, but I see the Argents." Peter answered, and I looked up to see Allison and her dad coming out from behind an ambulance.

"Not to bring up uncomfortable memories, but wasn't the last time you saw them the time you killed Kate and they burned you alive?" Isaac and I both turned around to see and empty backseat and an open door. "Wait here, I'm gonna talk to them."

Derek pulled up next to us and the Argents replaced Cora in the backseat. The only part of the conversation going on outside that I heard was "Jennifer took Melissa."

□☾□

"You wanna figure something out? Because while Scott and Stiles were out there, trying to help people from being killed, you were in here, rolling around the sheets with the actual killer. Do you get how many people she's killed? Erica and Boyd are dead, Cora is dying, and you are doing nothing. Why'd you do this to us, Derek? Why'd you do it to Hannah? She can never see her family again because of you. You had to build a pack. Was it all about the power? Are you bored? Are you lonely? Because guess what, so are we. You're not the only one without a family." I had never, ever seen Isaac like this. I wasn't sure what it was - Melissa, Scott, Jennifer, or a combination of everything - but whatever it was sure seemed to upset Isaac, because he was now attacking Derek as he sat next to his dying sister.

"I told Cora I wouldn't leave. I'll help the others when I figure out how to help her." That's when something in him snapped.

"THERE'S NO TIME." He reached out to put an arm around me and we headed for the door. "The full moon's coming. The sheriff and Melissa are gonna be dead so I'm gonna try and help them. you can sit here and perfect the art of doing nothing."

□☾□

"Where are we going?" I asked Isaac as we reached a driveway.

"To help the Argents."

"What the hell, Isaac? I get that you're trying to save Melissa but is it really necessary to put my safety at risk?"

"And how am I doing that?" He turned to look at me.

"If I help they're going to notice not all of my fighting tactics are based on my werewolf abilities."

"But if you don't, Melissa's going to die." He started to make his way into the house before I could respond, so I had no choice but to follow. He turned around to look at me and smirked as we entered the hallway.

"I can't shoot a gun, or use a crossbow, but Hannah can, and, well, I'm getting pretty good with these." Isaac said, revealing his claws to the Argents and Stiles.

□☾□

I wasn't entirely sure what we were doing or where we were going, but somehow we ended up in the vault of an abandoned bank.

"It's empty." Allison told her father.

"Be careful anyway." He replied, and Isaac and I both looked down to notice what was in his hands.

"I thought you only use those on werewolves." He said, gesturing to the electroshock baton Mr. Argent was holding.

"I do." I didn't even have time to register what that meant as he used it on Isaac and then me. I did. however, have time to pity every wolf I'd ever used one of those on. It really fucking hurt.

I looked up to find Allison handcuffed to the vault, but I was still too focused on the pain to notice anything but that. And then, Jennifer was there.

"Now this is a sacrifice."

Then Mr. Argent was gone.

Isaac and I got up and he went over to break Allison's handcuffs so we could leave and go get help. She started crying, which, to be honest, annoyed me. She was a hunter. She should be used to this.

□☾□

"Stiles knows where Jennifer's keeping them." Isaac said as he hung up.

"Well let's go, come on, we don't have much time." Allison responded. The girl was a mess.

"That's the thing, he knows where she's keeping them, but he doesn't know where it actually is. We're meeting at the animal clinic."

I have to admit, driving was kind of nice. We'd been doing so much running since we were kicked out of the loft since neither of us had cars we could use, but with Argent gone and his car with us, that wasn't a problem.

Isaac pulled into the parking lot and we all got out and headed into the clinic and towards the back room. Stiles and Lydia were already there and discussing possibilities.

"It has to be on a telluric current, or maybe even at the axis of two or where they all intersect. I-I just know it's where Derek took Paige to die." Stiles was saying when we walked in. How many people has Derek killed?

"Well how do we find this place?" Isaac asked.

Dr. Deaton sighed, then turned to look at us. "There might be a way. But it's dangerous. We're gonna need Scott.

□☾□

I helped Isaac and Lydia get the tubs set up as the other three paced around the exam room. "Alright," I heard Deaton say to them as we were finishing up, "What did you bring?"

Stiles had his dad's sheriff's badge, Allison had her dad's silver bullet, and Scott had his mom's watch.

"Okay, the three of you will get in. Each of us will hold you down, until you're essentially, well, dead. But it's not just someone to hold you under. It needs to be someone who can pull you back, someone that has a strong connection to you, a kind of emotional tether." Well, guess I wasn't going to be part of this.

Lydia began to walk towards Allison, but Deaton stopped her and said to go with Stiles instead. "Hannah, you'll be Allison's."

What?

"I barely know her." Allison told Deaton, who just sighed and looked at me.

"I have a feeling she and Isaac are keeping things from you."

"What do you mean?"

"She can tell you herself, after we do this." Ah fuck, what does he know?

Each of the three took their place at the head of a tub, holding the item of their parent's that they had brought with them. We took our places behind them, watching as they stepped in. And then, we forced them under.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait. My brothers both came over and then I've spent most of the day talking to my friend Alina about Teen Wolf and Fall Out Boy. Oops.

Anyway, the story's almost dooooone! I can promise I'm going to work in some of Hannah's background into these last couple of chapters. Also, as I said in my last note, a hot makeout scene. Because those are great.

Thank you for being such awesome people!

-Amy