Status: well then.

The Sun vs The Moon

[7] In Which Alex Wants To Forget

"Wake up, Lex. Rian called me a bunch of times asking for you." Jack said, knocking on Alex's door.

He knocked again, "Lex?"

Assuming he was still asleep, seeing as it's Saturday, Jack trudged downstairs to the kitchen to eat because food is a wonderful thing and his stomach likes wonderful things quite a bit.

He didn't know what he was expecting when he looked in his kitchen. Probably his normal looking kitchen, but that's not what he saw.

There was a half empty bottle of Vanilla Vodka on the counter with the lid no where in sight, a broken shot glass or two, and a shot glass still in tact.

Needless to say, Jack was shocked. Surprisingly, he wasn't necessarily angry or upset. He was just wondering who did this, because his precious Alex wouldn't actually do something like this, right?

Alex didn't drink. He was fucking terrified of even tasting alcohol because he was afraid to end up like his parents. So this mess... had to be from something else?

Although really, Jack knew the answer in the back of his mind but he didn't want to acknowledge it. Still, he cleaned up the mess, including the broken glass. Plus, he found the lid to the bottle, so yay.

He finished cleaning, made and ate breakfast and waited for Alex to come downstairs and explain.

--

"Jay?" Alex said tiredly, appearing from the stairs.

"Lex? Oh god, what happened last night?" Jack said, running up to the younger boy and engulfed him in a hug.

"Nothing, Jack. I don't want to talk about it." Alex said, rubbing his temples.

"No, Alex. I deserve to know." Jack said.

"I just... got a little uh, upset last night. That's all." Alex waved him off.

"There's more to it than that." Jack said, a little bit harshly. "I hate it when you lie to me."

"I'm not lying, Jack. I just thought of Rian and got mad, 'kay? I had something to drink because I just wanted to forget everything." Alex was now close to tears and hugged Jack tightly.

"Dating gets hard. I don't recommend it." Jack soothed the younger boy as well as he could by hugging him back.

"I don't feel good." Alex whined when Jack pulled away.

"At least there's no school." Jack offered.

"Eh." Alex said. "You said Rian called you... What did he say?"

"Oh, he just wanted to know what was with the voicemail you left him. What did you say?" Jack asked, leading them to the kitchen table to sit and talk.

"I called him a bitch." Alex mumbled.

"What else?" Jack asked.

"That's it."

Jack gave him a look, as if contemplating if it was the truth. Alex said, "I promise, that's all I said."

"He doesn't know that you saw him and that other guy." Jack said.

"I know, I'm going to go over to his house today and talk to him." Alex fiddled with his fingers.

"Want me to come with you?" The elder asked politely, yet protectively.

Alex got up to find some aspirin for his hangover. "No, I have to do this on my own, Jack."

"Ooh, Lex is being independent." Jack mocked him.

"Shut up." Alex laughed.

"Your smiling, aw. That was the first smile you've given me all day." Jack poked him.

"The day just started though?" Alex tilted his head to the side.

"Ha," Jack said, "It's 2 in the afternoon."

Alex's eyes widened, but before he could say anything, Jack just said simply with a joking smile, "You've now experienced your first hangover; Welcome to life."
♠ ♠ ♠
yea okay this one is short and shitty but the next chapter is really good lmao okay byeeeee