Status: Active

Kiss From a Rose

Chapter 20

Ember played with the little bit of hair on Matt's head as he slept next to her side.

"What do I ever do to deserve someone as wonderful as him?" She thought. "Especially with all the crazy shit surrounding me."

His words from earlier came into her thoughts. "It doesn't matter to me Ember I love you and will protect you and our unborn child."

Love was something Ember had never had or experienced. The only thing remotely close to this she had ever encountered was her kind next door neighbor and the guy she had been with briefly.

Both were some of the sweetest most cherished and only good things of her past.

She frowned as May came into her thoughts. May hates me so much she can't stand to see me happy or alive.

To this day though doctors had said they could find nothing wrong with May she wondered if it was possible they had miss anything in her examination.

There had to be some kind of explanation as to why a sister could develop such unbridled intense hate for her own sister at such a young age and all over an unfortunate common event.

She was brought out her thoughts by Matt stirring slightly he smacked his lips mumbling before being still again.

Ember smiled playing with his hair. "I can used to waking up to him every morning." She thought.

Then she remembered though Matt and her were official now they didn't talk about living arrangements.

She wanted to ask him but she was scared to mainly cause that would only endanger him more.

Ember shook her head and started humming a song that always calmed her down and relaxed her. Matt shifted and his eyes opened.

"Had a good nap?" Ember asked.

"Yeah." He said yawning. "What were you humming?"

"Good Enough by Evanescence." She said.

"You like them a lot don't you?" He asked.

"They have so many songs that accurately describe my life." Ember said. "Amy Lee is amazing her voice is so haunting and emotional." "I feel her pain and she feels mine."

"Good Enough isn't about pain though." Matt said.

"You're right it's about a new beginning." Ember said taking his hand. "And you're a new beginning for me Matt."

"Up until I met you I've never felt like I was loved or wanted until you." She said. "But now all because of you and your love for the first time in my life I feel good enough." "I feel good enough for you Matt."

Matt said nothing except cupped her face and gently kissed her.

Ember managed to get her casted arm around his neck while Matt intertwined their fingers and wrapped his arm around her waist.

Her hand went to his neck on his jungular. "I feel your heartbeat." She said between his kisses.

Ember's lips drifted from his and to his neck. Matt closed his eyes as her pencil shark nail traced his vein. Grabbing his shoulder she kissed his vein.

Matt sighed as she started placing butterfly kisses on his neck.

"Excuse me?" A voice said.

They pulled apart seeing the doctor standing there with some ointment.

"Everything okay doc?" Matt asked.

"Yes I just came in to remove the bandages in her hand." He said coming over.

Matt stood back as the doctor gently cradled Ember's hand before slowly unwrapping the bandages. Eventually it revealed Ember's hand blistered and still swollen.

The doctor took the ointment and rubbed it into her hand and in between her fingers.

"Done." He said getting up. "If it feels sore or hurts rubbed the ointment on it."

"Thanks." Ember said as he nodded and left.

Matt sat back down watching as Ember looked at her hand raising it before resting it on her stomach. She sighed looking away.

Matt took her hand she turned as he raised it to his lips kissing and rubbing his cheek against it. Ember relaxed her hand and stroked his cheek with the back of it.

"You know you're still beautiful no matter what." He said. "Don't let this get you down it won't change how I feel."

She smiled and leaned to kiss him when...

"Sorry just bringing you some fresh towels." The nurse said before leaving.

"Can't wait till we get home then we'll have some privacy and won't be interrupted." Matt said.

"Home?" Ember said.

"Oh I didn't ask well I'll ask now." Matt said. "Ember would you like to move in with me?"

Ember gasped softly as tears filled her eyes. He had finally asked the question.

Though happy it faded at the thought of May. "Ember I'll protect you no matter what." He said as if reading her thoughts. "Don't be afraid to be happy or be with me because you're scared of your sister."

"She doesn't want you to be happy and you deserve to be." Matt said. "Don't be afraid of her anymore and don't let her win in making you miserable." "Be happy living with me and our child."

His words sunk in Ember sat tracing a tattoo on his hand knowing he was waiting for an answer.

A smile slowly broke out along with more tears before she said...

"I'll move in with you Matt."