Status: Completed: 22nd September 2014.

Ignite

Worth it.

Rian wasn’t really having the best of days. Not only was there so much paperwork to be done over the next few days (which Rian absolutely loathed at the best of times) but Alex had caught the flu. And when Alex was miserable, Rian was miserable. Why wouldn’t he be? He spent most of his day in Alex’s company, and apparently being ill made him whiny.

“Rian! The packs still aren’t here!” Alex pouted, closing his office door behind him.

Rian frowned as Alex sneezed. His PA really was getting too stressed.

“Have you chased them?” Rian asked.

This was ridiculous. How was he meant to do his work if he didn’t have it in front of him?!

“Of course I have! But they’re all being unhelpful and rude,” Alex grumbled, sitting on the edge of Rian’s desk.

“And I suppose you weren’t rude back?” Rian teased.

Alex blushed slightly, making Rian laugh. Alex really was too adorable sometimes. Rian couldn’t help but rest his hands on Alex’s hips, the younger man’s face forming into a grin instead.

“I know something that will make me feel a lot better,” Alex said innocently.

Rian felt his face growing hot as he tingled with desire. How did this one man affect him so easily?

“And what’s that?” Rian asked gruffly.

Alex grinned even more at Rian’s reaction, making Rian swallow heavily.

“We both have work to do,” Rian protested weakly.

“Then I’ll have to make it quick, won’t I?” Alex smirked.

Rian inhaled sharply as Alex slid off the desk and onto his knees in front of Rian, Rian just groaning as Alex cupped his crotch.

“Unless you don’t want me to?” Alex mused.

Rian would’ve branded him a cocktease, if it wasn’t for the hesitation in Alex’s eyes. This was why Rian couldn’t resist the younger man – because he genuinely seemed to care for him. This wasn’t just an office fling. This was more than that to Alex. To both of them.

“Oh I want,” Rian breathed.

Alex wasted no time in unzipping Rian’s trousers, tugging them down to mid-thigh with his underwear, mouthing at Rian’s base to get him as rock-hard as Alex liked. Rian wasn’t even ashamed at how turned on he was. Alex had a gift.

“Fuck, I love it when you’re like this,” Alex smirked, tongue darting out to lick at the pearling tip.

Rian just groaned softly, threading his hand through Alex’s hair, Alex taking the hint and swallowing him down. Rian couldn’t remember a time before Alex’s soft lips, warm mouth and skilful hands. He didn’t want to, to be honest. He had everything he needed and wanted, right here. How could he want anyone else?

As promised, Alex did make it quick, pulling out all his best tricks that made Rian struggle to keep his voice quiet. As Rian felt the familiar ball of heat form in his lower stomach, he tugged Alex’s hair in warning. Alex smiled, removing his hand from Rian’s balls, and looked up at him. Rian moaned softly at the sight. How could Alex look so good?

It didn’t take long for Rian to fill Alex’s mouth, throwing his head back in a silent groan, Alex sucking him through his high. Fuck. Fuck, this was much better than filing paperwork. As Rian composed himself, Alex spat into the trashcan, winking at Rian as he popped a stick of gum into his mouth. Rian just smirked slightly, but before he could make a crass remark, three knocks sounded on his door. Fuck! Not now!

Panicking, he quickly ushered Alex under his desk, before clearing his throat.

“Uh, who is it?” Rian called out.

Alex snickered, so Rian nudged him with his foot to keep quiet. This was not funny.

It’s Jack. Those papers you’ve been waiting for have finally arrived?”

Oh fuck. Yeah, the packs had been late already and were pissing Rian off to no end.

Shit. He really needed Jack to bring them in.

“Don’t move and don’t speak, no noises at all, okay?” Rian hissed, redressing himself properly.

Alex rolled his eyes but nodded. That would have to do.

“Oh, yeah, okay! Come in!” Rian said.

Jack opened the door with a smile on his face, shutting it behind him as he walked over to Rian’s desk. Rian tried to keep himself as calm as possible, a polite smile on his lips, but he knew, he just knew that his face was at least a little pink from embarrassment. He couldn’t believe this was really happening, that this situation even existed. Fucking Alex.

“I’ve signed for them and checked they’re all here from what Alex has told me, so you should be up to date now,” Jack said cheerfully.

“Thanks,” Rian nodded, taking the pack from Jack.

Then Rian heard a sneeze. It didn’t come from him. And it didn’t come from Jack. Oh God. Oh for fuck’s sake Alex!

Jack glanced down at Rian’s desk, and then back at Rian, who couldn’t hide how mortified he was. Just shoot him now. Fuck. Why…why did this have to happen?!

“I’m, uh, gonna go…um, answer my phone,” Jack spluttered.

And he all but ran out of there, gently closing the door behind him. Rian immediately groaned, closing his eyes as they stung with tears. He was done for. Jack…Jack was too much of a good honest person to keep this to himself. He would want to do the right thing…which wouldn’t work to Rian’s favour. At all.

While Rian had his meltdown, Alex scrambled out from under his desk, tears in his eyes too.

“I’m sorry, I’m so sorry,” Alex whimpered.

Rian just sighed. He couldn’t really be mad with Alex, not really. It wasn’t his PA’s fault that he sneezed. But fuck, what were they going to do?

Then it hit him. Zack. Zack could tell his PA to keep quiet.

“I need to email Zack,” Rian muttered, opening up a new email.

Alex just stayed silent for once, chewing his bottom lip nervously as Rian quickly sent an email to his friend explaining the fuck-up that just happened. Zack didn’t actually reply, but Rian heard his office door open and close, and heard footsteps walking past, so he assumed that Zack was going to talk to Jack about it. He’d sort it out, right?

“I’m such an idiot. Fuck, I’m so sorry,” Alex choked.

“Hey, calm down, it’s not your fault. Yeah, okay you probably shouldn’t have blown me when we’re this busy, but it’s not your fault you sneezed,” Rian said, trying to reassure him.

Alex tried to smile, but it just came out as a grimace.

“We’re going to be okay,” Rian said firmly, standing up in front of Alex.

“Are we?” Alex said softly.

Rian just stayed silent, moving his hands to rest on Alex’s hips, earning a real smile this time.

“If you want to stop, we’ll stop,” Rian said.

As much as he didn’t want that himself, he wasn’t going to put this pressure on Alex. Not when Jack was his friend.

“No,” Alex blurted.

“No?” Rian repeated, raising an eyebrow.

Alex shook his head, hands resting on Rian’s chest.

“No,” Alex confirmed.

Rian smiled slightly, leaning to press a gentle kiss to Alex’s lips, the younger man leaning into his body. This was what made the secrecy and the lies and the lack of anything outside of this room worth it. When Alex was in his office, he was Rian’s and Rian’s only. And if that was all Rian could have of Alex, he would take it. Alex was worth it.

“I’ll talk to you later, yeah?” Rian said, as he pulled away.

Alex swallowed heavily but nodded, leaving Rian alone once more. Rian sat back down in his desk with a heavy sigh. Fuck. He really wasn’t having a good day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Poor Rian and Alex :(
They don't make things easy on themselves, do they?
I can't promise things get any easier for a while, either.
Alex and Jack have a heart to heart in the next chapter!

Thank you to everyone who read the last chapter, and to the following who commented! Please keep your thoughts and feedback coming, I really do appreciate it!

fiction246
Forever Young.
xMareBear14x
causeiamrandom
heroes.

xo