Status: Completed: 22nd September 2014.

Ignite

Dude, stop flirting.

“Alright, Jack, are you ready?”

“Huh?” Jack asked,

It was the end of the day, the day after Zack’s boyfriend had made his little scene, and Jack had to admit that today had gone a lot better. No drama, just smooth and simple. And Zack had even bought him a fancy French Vanilla coffee this morning to say sorry. Jack wasn’t angry with his boss, or even particularly upset anymore, but the thought was nice. Really nice.

“Dinner? At mine? My flatmate is cooking?” Alex pouted.

“Oh, yeah, let me just send this email,” Jack said, blushing slightly.

He hadn’t entirely forgotten about Alex’s dinner invitation. He’d just pushed it to the back of his mind. He was looking forward to it, honest.

In no time at all, Jack and Alex were on the subway towards Alex’s apartment in Murray Hill. When Alex had said where he lived, Jack had googled it and his jaw had dropped at the rent prices. Alex naturally saw this and explained that the only way he could afford to live there was because he shared the apartment, and his and his flatmate Vic’s split wages covered the rent nicely, utilities included.

“I just want to warn you, Vic and his friends are really loud,” Alex said, as they got off the subway.

“Oh, okay. Is it bad?” Jack frowned.

Like, really loud and obnoxious?

“Not insulting bad, no. They all come from big Mexican families, so they’re used to loud gatherings, I guess. I don’t know why, I didn’t think it was polite to ask. Just thought I’d warn you because they don’t really understand boundaries,” Alex explained.

Oh. Well, that didn’t sound too bad. Jack was sure they were nice people. A few loud people wouldn’t ruin a night.

“Victor! I’m home!” Alex yelled, opening the door.

“Kitchen!” a voice yelled back, followed by cheers.

Alex smiled at Jack, before the shutting the door behind him. Jack put his bag down, already having taken off his tie and suit jacket, and rolled up the sleeves of his shirt. All he could hope was that they would like him. Please like him.

“Did you bring your hot friend from work?”

That was a different voice. And it made Jack blush too. Alex referred to him as his hot friend?

“Come see for yourself!” Alex called back, winking at Jack.

Within seconds, a tall dark-haired man was standing in the doorway to what Jack assumed was the kitchen. Wow he’s hot. Great eyes, great smile…Jack would bet money on him having a great ass too. Woah, those were inappropriate thoughts!

“Hi, I’m Jaime. Jaime Preciado. You must be Jack,” he said smoothly.

“Y-Yeah, I’m Jack,” Jack nodded, not stumbling nearly as much as he thought he would.

As if to prove his thought, Alex clapped him on the shoulder in congratulations.

“Tienes la sonrisa más bonita que jamás haya visto,” Jaime said softly.

“Uh, thanks?” Jack said.

Why didn’t he take Spanish in high school?

“Dude, stop flirting and go get us a beer,” Alex snorted.

Jack blushed, especially as Jaime winked at him before disappearing.

“I didn’t think he’d be that forward. Ah well, goes to show how hot you are,” Alex grinned.

“What did he say?” Jack asked.

Alex would know some Spanish, right?

“Something along the lines of, you have the loveliest smile I have ever seen. Total flirt,” Alex snickered.

Wow. He really said that? Jack didn’t think anyone had ever said that to him before.

Alex saw Jack thinking and rolled his eyes.

“Of course you’d be a sucker for him flirting in Spanish. Jaime won’t stop now,” Alex mused.

“Jaime won’t stop what?”

Jack blushed again as the man in question reappeared in front of them, two beers in hand.

“Mind your own business, jerk-off. What’s Vic cooking?” Alex asked.

“Go see for yourself, assface,” Jaime retorted, laughing.

Alex rolled his eyes, pushing past him into the kitchen. Jack inhaled sharply, realising that he was alone with the taller guy. The hot taller guy who was apparently flirting with him.

“Are you coming too, cariño?” Jaime asked, smile sweet and blinding.

“Y-Yeah, sure,” Jack nodded.

Jaime gestured for him to walk ahead, and Jack smiled in thanks. A gentleman as well as a flirt. Jack could get used to that. Why shouldn’t he try to relax around this guy? Nothing had to come from it, right? He could just make a new friend, if nothing else?

“Jack! You made it in without Jaime humping you!” Alex grinned, making the other three men in the kitchen laugh.

Jack would’ve blushed from that alone, but definitely did with Jaime’s hand ghosted over the small of his back. Wow. Tonight really was going to be interesting.

*

“So you and Jaime hit it off, huh?” Alex smirked.

Jack blushed slightly. It was becoming a bad habit now, he knew that, but there was nothing he could do to stop it. Alex’s flatmate’s friend had kept up the flirting all night so far. Right now the others were deciding on a film to watch while Alex and Jack got more beers from the kitchen. Jack had really enjoyed himself – Alex was right when he said tonight would take Jack’s mind off things. Alex’s flatmate Vic was really sweet, and a great cook. And he knew how to handle Alex’s sassiness perfectly. Vic's brother Mike was there too, and was a little intimidating at first before he’d relaxed and joined in with the joking. Tony was a really nice guy, including Jack straight away, making him feel welcome. And Jaime…Jaime had made him feel special like no guy had in a long time. In fact, Jaime had spent most the night talking to Jack and Jack only. Not that he was complaining.

“He’s really charming,” Jack defended.

Alex just laughed, making Jack blush even more.

“Pretty hot too, right? Tall, broad-shouldered, great smile, gorgeous, dark hair…” Alex listed.

Just Jack’s type, to be honest. An image of Zack popped into his head, filling that same description, before he pushed it away. No, that was stupid. Stupid stupid stupid. Zack...Mr Merrick had Martin as his boyfriend - why should Jack even think of him?

“Yeah, he’s cute,” Jack nodded.

“He spread on that Mexican flirting pretty thick huh?” Alex teased.

“A little,” Jack mumbled.

He couldn’t remember the last time someone genuinely flirted with him, especially so openly like that in front of other people.

“I can tell him to back off if you’re not comfortable,” Alex offered.

Well that was nice of him. But Jack shook his head anyway.

“It’s a bit much too soon, but it’s nice having someone actually appearing to be interested in me,” Jack shrugged.

Alex frowned. Why did he look so confused?

“I haven’t had a boyfriend since high school?” Jack explained.

Alex jaw dropped slightly. “But you had sex since then, right? During college?”

“A couple of times?” Jack winced.

What? He was awkward and a coward – guys didn’t really tend to go for that. At all, apparently.

“Holy shit, we need to get you laid ASAP,” Alex gasped.

“But…”

“Get back out to Jaime. Now!” Alex ordered, making Jack laugh.

*

Jack left Alex’s apartment that night with Jaime’s phone number and a smile on his lips.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a little fun one!
And possibly the start of something for Jack?
^_^
Jaime Preciado is hot! I couldn't resist lol.

Thank you to everyone who read the last chapter, and to the following for commenting! I really do appreciate your feedback :)

I'd.Be.Your.Tears
f0reverbr0ken
fiction246
xMareBear14x
thanksforjackbarakat
Tattoo
Bludgeoned.Brittany

xo