It Was A Lie When They Smiled And Said You Won't Feel A Thing

Chapter 39: Screaming Out!

****Kate POV****
Kristen just gave me and Lindsey a huge apology -not in the nicest way- but I knew that she meant it.
She didn’t even look back. A glance at the max. Then she just ran out of the place.
“I’ll go talk to her.” Said Frank.
“No. I will.”
Frank looked at me bitterly and then dragged me out into the hall.
“Haven’t you done enough trouble for one week? A week ago, Kristen was crying in my chest after Lindsey came into our room and just went off screaming at her. She thinks her whole entire life is completely gone. I bet she feels like she wants to die now!”
“Frank! No. I just need to talk to her!”
“You had your chance! You have NO idea what she felt like this week. You treated her like shit! All week, and of all times, now! Bob is going into surgery, and you have to yell at Kristen! What the fuck is wrong with you two!?!”
“Frank, you don’t understand!”
“No I do understand! Your not- I’m not allowing- Just don’t!”
“Don’t what!”
“Don’t hurt her again.” His anger was completely dropped in that last statement.
I couldn’t believe he said that.
Frank walked back inside and sat down. I ran out of the hospital. I went to the man at the front and asked him if he had seen Kristen. He said she was outside. I ran outside and looked everywhere.
Finally I found her. Sitting alone on a bench, watching the pigeons scramble in their tracks. I dropped in pace and walked over to the bench.
“Hey…”
“Come to yell at me more I suppose?”
“No. I came to apologize. I don’t know what happened. Lindsey told me that you talked about me behind my back. I just went berserk at the last joke you made about me. I’m so sorry.”
“Did you have any idea, any IDEA of what I felt this week?! I can’t believe you would do that to me! How could you?”
I just didn’t know what to say. I stared at her blankly.
“First Bob is going into surgery. Second your completely furious at me. Third, my brother is moving to New York. And finally, when I thought nothing could go worse, Lindsey comes to our room and starts going completely out of lines at me. WHY!?”
I still didn’t have anything to say.
“I-I-I don’t know. I’m sorry.”
“Fine. I’ll forgive you. But I’m letting you know, this is staying in the back of my mind, hopefully not forever, but for a good amount of time. I just hate being in fights with you guys.”
“Yea me too. I’m really sorry Kristen.”
Kristen nodded and then we gave each other a big bear hug. She gave me a noogie, but I guess I deserved it.

****Kristen POV****
****Two hours later****
I held on to Frank.
He was screaming so loud. His screech was ear piercing. They rushed him down into a OR room. They wouldn’t let me go farther than the two swinging doors. I looked through the two small windows with diamonds shaped by wire.
I saw the tubes going into Frank’s arms. The tears that came down his cheeks as he saw my face in the window. He started to cough up blood. They pulled a curtain around him so he couldn’t be seen anymore. I could now only see his silhouette.
I leaned up against the nearby wall and slid down it. My head landed in my knees and arms. I cried so loud it was heard over Frank’s loud screams and cries.
We sobbed like we were next to each other, until they put him out with a sedative.

Amazing what can happen in just two hours, and how much it can take from you.