Status: Yep, this is back.

The Day I Met You

019

An hour later I was all cleaned up, made up, and ready to get drunk and just forget everything that happened with Loza. How in the hell did he really expect me to believe that Casey wanted to leave him, and he wanted her to go because she didn’t need him anymore? What kind of logic is that?!?

I pushed all thoughts of him out of my head as I checked my eyeliner for the third time in the mirror. Jessie was supposed to be back by now, but there was no sign of him. “Five more minutes, Jess, and then I’m going without you,” I declared to the mirror. My long hair curled on the ends perfectly for once. Tapping on the door brought an easy smile to my lips as I went to answer the door.

“Finally, what took…” I trailed off as the realization hit me. Those weren’t Jessie’s blue eyes at my door.

“I really need to talk to you,” his soft voice quivered, his green eyes looking more brown that usual.

“About what this time,” I sighed blocking the doorway.

“You are right, Rey,” he shrugged running his hand through his shaggy dark hair. “I need to be with my family, but I don’t want to go home. I mean,” he chuckled, “this is the chance of a lifetime for me.”

“Have you talked to Casey,” I questioned.

“Not yet. I’m going to call her when I leave here. I wanted to tell you-“

“Tell me what, Loza? How you need me again,” I scoffed crossing my arms.

“No, I wanted to tell you,” he took a step closer staring into my eyes. “I won’t give up on you! I promised you in L.A. that I’d help you get back into the water, and that’s what I’m going to do.”

“You don’t-“

“Yes, I do. Now come on, Danny told me to make sure you got your ass up and came to the main house.” I laughed before closing the door behind us.

Image


Jamie and Sally were outside giggling and laughing in true party spirit. All I could do was smile weakly. My mind was set and I had to tell them. I grabbed Sally’s hand causing her to stop laughing an emotion I couldn’t read crossed her face.

“I know what I want to do, Sally,” I stated. Her features contorted into confusion.

“I don’t bat that way, Rey. You know, I like the boys and I thought you did too,” she whispered jerking her had away from me. Jamie and Kyle laughed.

“No!” I hissed. “Let’s do this, Sal. Let’s go surfing tomorrow morning?”

A grin broke across her face as she started to bounce before grabbing both of my hands causing me to bounce with her, “are you serious?!?”

“Tomorrow, 8 a.m.,” I grinned, “it’s time.”

I smiled over at Loza who nodded his head in approval. Jamie was in the process of shouting to everyone in the house while Sally and I jumped excitedly. The bullet was going to bite me in the ass, and I was going to bite it right back.

“You sure you don’t wanna start small,” Sally asked her jumping ceased.

“What’s that saying that surfers use,” I laughed, before Sally chorused with me, “Go big or go home!”

“I’m going big,” I stated before walking into the house and grabbing the first glass of whiskey I could find.

Danny hugged me tightly before yelling, “Here’s to surfing!”