The Diary of an Abusive Relationship

Day Four - Apology

I felt like I had slept forever. I know I blacked out last night, but I didn't realize I'd end up asleep until the next morning. My body was extremely sore, mostly my neck. I turned over and he was there laying next to me. He didn't look fully awake, but he was looking at me. I didn't know what to say because I figured he was still angry with me.

He ran his fingers across my jawbone and massaged my neck with one hand. He kept getting closer to me, trying to cuddle.

"Are you still mad at me?" I asked.

He slowly shook his head with a big grin on his face. He ran his fingers through my hair and started kissing on me. He took half the covers off me, revealing my chest which he kissed so gently. His touch gave me chills and made me feel great.

"The dog got into the bathroom trashcan, that was our condom from the other night," he said.

My eyes widened and I started to feel angry, after all that happened. I turned myself the other way and he still continued to rub on me.

"I'm so sorry beautiful, I just want to be your one and only because you're so amazing to me and I love you so much." he said.

I turned back over to look at him and he looked sincerely sorry.

"You're such a perfect girlfriend, I promise I'll make it up to you."

I loved hearing that I was a perfect girlfriend. As far as I was from it, it still made me happy hearing it. He always knew how to make me happy.

"I'm taking you to dinner tonight babe, where would you like to go?" he asked.

"You choose!" I giggled.

"My lady always gets to choose."

I moved closer to him and started kissing him. I felt butterflies in my stomach and felt happy. I wished he would always act like that rather than get angry occasionally. I'm just glad he found out I wasn't cheating on him, because I hadn't had a thought about doing something so terrible. I wouldn't want to hurt him like that, he doesn't deserve something like that.

Later that evening, we went out to dinner and had a wonderful time. He was so polite to me and paid even when I kept telling him he didn't have to. He wasn't afraid to show everyone that he loved me, and that's what I loved about him.